PDA

View Full Version : Venom 18xr 200cc

Wvmountain
02-09-2023, 06:06 PM
Hey all, I recently purchased a Venom 18xr 200cc as my first bike and if I'm being honest it's probably the worst bike I could have started on. I understand it's a pocket bike and wasn't made for quality but I did expect to be able to at least ride it around to the gas station and such. I did a good bit of reading and they seemed to make decent bikes. Most of what I read says the 200cc tops out around 55mph, which is fine for what I wanted. Most every road here is 55mph. However, I am not inclined to take this thing over 40 and honestly even that is pushing it. The whole damn bike feels like it's falling apart and the wind seems likely to blow me into oblivion. Anyway, I know shame on me for expecting more out of what I bought. I should have done more research than I did but luckily I only have 800 bucks in it. My question is, are the 22's any better as far as handling and overall ride or do I need to just cut my losses with this brand and buy something else entirely? I love the way they look and they seem to have great reviews everywhere I look. Is it time to look elsewhere or should I continue the hunt for a 22? Thanks in advance!

Flashesbuck
02-09-2023, 07:21 PM
These are motorcycle shaped scooters..... It's never going to preform much better than a scooter.... A Chinese scooter at that.
Move into a real motorcycle with a manual transmission.

JerryHawk250
02-10-2023, 11:56 AM
Like Flashesbuck stated. The x18 is nothing more than a scooter not really meant for high speeds. City driving would be more what that id built for. The X22R Max will be a much better bike for higher speeds. I had the X22R which is only a 5 speed and it handled 70mph interstate speeds well but would recommend the X22R Max because of the 6 speed and EFI.

Wvmountain
02-11-2023, 08:12 PM
Awesome, I'll check that one out. Thanks folks!