PDA

View Full Version : Boom Vader 125 pilot jet?

vader125
02-28-2023, 10:57 AM
what pilot jet are you guys running on Boom Vader BD125-10 with vm22 carb? Right now I have a 40 pilot and the air screw has to be all the way in for it to run right, if I open it up it bogs when you hit the throttle, should I go up to a bigger pilot jet? it has a 100 main and 40 pilot right now and needle on the top clip, it also has an exhaust.

4T_Goblin
02-28-2023, 01:38 PM
Try going down on the pilot until you find the leanest point and go back up one size. All this should be done with the AF screw starting at 1.5 turn out. Each time you change pilot jet, reset the AF screw to 1.5 out.

vader125
02-28-2023, 07:36 PM
Try going down on the pilot until you find the leanest point and go back up one size. All this should be done with the AF screw starting at 1.5 turn out. Each time you change pilot jet, reset the AF screw to 1.5 out.

I’m actually thinking of putting the k38 pilot that came in the carb and adjusting the air screw, if that doesn’t work then it most likely needs a bigger pilot, but I’ve heard alot of people running these carbs are able to tune it properly with the pilot jet that the carb comes with.

vader125
03-01-2023, 11:32 AM
Ok I put the Pilot jet that came with the carb the k38 and it seems to run better and I put the air screw in to alittle less than 1 turn out and it’s running better less gas smell while idling and runs better.

Deckard_Cain
03-03-2023, 12:22 PM
Ok I put the Pilot jet that came with the carb the k38 and it seems to run better and I put the air screw in to alittle less than 1 turn out and it’s running better less gas smell while idling and runs better.

Definitely was rich then. I'd try to tune it so that the air screw ends up between 1.5 and 2 turns out.