PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone I’m new to the forum!

Cabo.Wolf.150
03-01-2023, 11:58 PM
Whats up everyone, my name is Brett but friends and family just call me Bo! I recently scored a job working for scooter importers, we have a scooter and powersports dealership in the Bay Area of California that im working at, but the company has another store in LA as well. I’m being trained to be a mechanic at our shop, but also when it is busy inside I have to help with sales as well. I love my job, but I’m going to be honest, I didn’t know anything about motorcycles other than how to ride them before I got this job…. And I knew even less about scooters, I have been working on cars since I got my first car, and at first learned from YouTube videos then after high school I took auto mechanics and also engine performance classes in community college. I need 1 more semester to get an AA in both of those topics and about 6 others also lol. But life kinda got in the way of school for a while now, but i do plan to go back and finish some time in the future. But enough about that, I’m learning about bikes and scooters pretty quickly because the parts in the motors are basically the same as in cars, just smaller. I have been having alot of fun learning, and I got hooked up with a scooter from my boss to commute to and from work. He gave me a 2016 Lance(SYM) Cabo 150cc scooter. It’s a 2016 model but it’s a brand new scooter that they never sold and was eventually just stored in there storage to make room for new products. Me being me, I can’t leave anything stock so I have been modifying my scooter, but just simple easy thing’s because it still has to remain a reliable daily commuter on dry non rainy days lol. But I also recently bought a 2016 SYM Wolf classic 150cc motorcycle, and I’m going a little more crazy on this little project bike! Right now I’m in the middle of putting a 200cc big bore cylinder and head on the bike. I also have a aftermarket pea-shooter style muffler welded onto the stock header pipe. Im going to pet a performance cam and maybe do a big valve conversion to. After the head is done i am going to upgrade the intake manifold , get a bigger carb, intake pipe, and pod filter. Find a way to beef up the suspension, get some dirtbike handlebars put on and make it a street tracker/scrambler style bike. then hopefully after all that it’s fast enough and looks cool enough to satisfy me for a while lol. I have also have a few more plans for my scooter, I want to get the stretched motor mount to stretch my scooter, then i want to do a fatty wheel conversion in the back. Idk we will see how that goes whenever I get around to doing that. I also have been really wanting to buy a icebear maddog 50cc gen 1 scooter because I’m not going to lie, the one at my job has been catching my eye since I started, but it’s a customers bike. But it’s made me want to get one, and if i got one I would have to swap a 150 on it because the 50cc models are the only ones we can buy in California witch sucks. So yeah i have a lot of plans for this new hobby of mine witch my wife is actually happy about because she says atleast it’s cheaper than your damn race cars lol. I look forward to meeting all of you and helping each other out when needed. Introduction over.

4T_Goblin
03-02-2023, 05:51 AM
Hi Bo, my name 4T and I'm a Goblin.
I ride a hot rod Boom Vader.
Welcome to the forums, sounds like you have some big plans for these bikes and scooters.
Plenty of smart folks with good information on here