PDA

View Full Version : Kpm 200 noise

FL-KPM
03-06-2023, 09:04 PM
Hello all. So I’m doing a couple of heat cycles and dumping the oil before I even ride a little bit on it. but I noticed, as I was listening to the engine run at idle. Every once in a while, I could hear a slight almost grinding or crunching noise sounded like it was coming from inside the engine. Doesn’t do it all the time just every once in a while it’s brand new, so I thought I would do a couple of heat cycles at idle speed and let it warm up and dump the oil that it came with. Just wondering if this is normal like I said it doesn’t do it all the time it’s almost like like it’s smoothing out internally I don’t know really . Anybody else experience this on their new bike?

buzz
03-07-2023, 06:48 AM
It should not do that,got to be something wrong, If it were mine I could pull side cover off the clutch side. Look for something loose,or for something that should not be in there.Extra bolt,screw,who knows,but somethings wrong. Good luck.

Falkon45
03-07-2023, 06:53 AM
You should ride it a little bit to truly break in the engine. And use mineral oil for break in. I'm not sure what noise you're hearing, as mine never made an unusual sound until I was low on oil.