PDA

View Full Version : Carburetor Swap

aknight6621
03-26-2023, 06:11 AM
So im needing some input due to my lack of motorcycle mechanic knowledge. i recently bought a 2007 baja phoenix 250. now the engine is based off of a rebel 250. they came carb on my bike is a single barrel sheng way carb that is no longer produced. and they run about $350 USED. now after some looking and my knowledge on the carb after taking it apart 1,000 times i was thinking that i would swap in the the rebels 2 barrel carb setup. i would just need to buy the flanges and the new carb but i was wondering if that would mess something up. if it would get too much fuel. how i would run the airbox/filters. if i have the clearance to fit the carb without cutting or filing some of the frame down to fit it. any help or ideas would be awesome. thank you!

Deckard_Cain
03-26-2023, 09:27 AM
Honestly, adapting the Honda parts seems like a lot of work for little gain.

I'd likely just find a good Mikuni clone carb and fit it to the engine, tune and be done with it. A VM26 or similar- whatever size is appropriate.

TommyD
03-26-2023, 09:55 AM
I have a Honda Nighthawk 250 (same engine as the Rebel) and I saw a YouTube video of a guy that installed a Nibbi carburetor.

buzz
03-26-2023, 11:05 AM
Like cain said ,just buy a new one that fits. Get a jet kit for your new carburetor and should be all good.