PDA

View Full Version : ST125-6 CT70 copy

Greedy
05-22-2008, 01:50 AM
Hi all!
I just picked up one of these.

http://www.skyteam-europe.com/cms/fun-mini/st125-6.html?L=2

All is well but it is geared way off. First gear is worthless. I would think to make it right I would need two bigger teeth on the countershaft and maybe 3 or so teeth smaller in back. Anyone know where to buy the sprokets? I dont even know if two teeth larger in front will fit under the sidecover.
Thanks in advance,
Eric

ejcycles
05-22-2008, 07:52 AM
Eric

I can get you sprockets for that bike. It looks to me that the bike itself may be made by Lifan in China and SkyTeam put their own engine and decals in/on it.

I have known many people in my area that put Performance top ends on The Redcat (branded) Trail 70 & Trail 90 that they used to sell and The American Lifan LF70GY-3. The Redcat was made by Lifan China for Redcat Motors. American Lifan currently makes/sells an LF110GY-3 that is the same bike, except for the engine size, (obviously).

I will need to know how many teeth your front & rear sprocket currently has. Does your bike have a Manual clutch or a Semi-automatic clutch, both of these will make a difference in what gearing you go with. Also, where are you located?

culcune
05-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Bruce, I think this member is from Europe. We don't get Skyteam here because (I think) of their contract with UM.

warrior91
05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Not exactly a pure dirt bike...I think more answers if it was in scooters or 125 forum

katoranger
05-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Moving to the pitbike forum.

ejcycles
05-23-2008, 08:01 AM
Bruce, I think this member is from Europe. We don't get Skyteam here because (I think) of their contract with UM.

Simon,
I think your right. I knew the guy in The USA that was importing SkyTeam and he was telling me about this in late 2005. He said he couldn't afford the cost of The EPA Certificates for the bikes to import them. Since United Motors had a certificate he would not be able to import legally in 2006 and didn't. His website is gone now for the SkyTeam bikes so he dumped it after he sold off his current stock. I checked it a month ago or so.

UM Dumped me as a Selling/Stocking Dealer. I can Still get Parts and do Warranty repairs for there products but that's it. I really don't care... because they changed their rules etc. for their Dealers more than most people change their underwear. I got sick and tired of this anyway because UM had The Dealers Heads Spinning!!!! and still do.
Now if you want to Crab about a company that is a pain here ya go.

American Lifan doesn't even compare to the problems I put up with being a Dealer for United Motors!!!!!!

ejcycles
05-23-2008, 08:05 AM
Moving to the pitbike forum.

Kato,
I'm not sure that you would want to consider this a pitbike... Just to note: The Honda CT70's where all street legal, the American Lifan LF110GY-3 is street legal. I myself would consider this bike a small Dualsport since it can be driven on the street or trails.???? Just my opinion.

katoranger
05-23-2008, 08:29 AM
I was thinking the engine parts are related more to the pitbike engines. I suppose it could go both ways.

Bruce I will be calling you later today for some parts.

Allen

Greedy
05-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys! First off, I am in Trenton, Mi. I should go to the into forum and do just that, introduce myself. As far as catagory goes, whatever is best for the info I guess.

It is a 4 speed auto clutch. I also have a 71 CT70 that I dropped a 4spd clutch in and am in the process of restoring. Anyway, the 125 had a 14/36. I had a 15 laying around so that is now installed but it has only helped a bit. I would guess a 16/33 or 16/34 would do the trick. It pulls hard but at this point, I start out in 3rd and shift to 4th. Even with the 15 front, it is raging at 35mph.

If you have something close or have a source for them, please let me know.

Have a great holiday weekend!
Eric

Eric

I can get you sprockets for that bike. It looks to me that the bike itself may be made by Lifan in China and SkyTeam put their own engine and decals in/on it.

I have known many people in my area that put Performance top ends on The Redcat (branded) Trail 70 & Trail 90 that they used to sell and The American Lifan LF70GY-3. The Redcat was made by Lifan China for Redcat Motors. American Lifan currently makes/sells an LF110GY-3 that is the same bike, except for the engine size, (obviously).

I will need to know how many teeth your front & rear sprocket currently has. Does your bike have a Manual clutch or a Semi-automatic clutch, both of these will make a difference in what gearing you go with. Also, where are you located?

CRidin
05-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Hi and welcome. I have a hotrod 125 on a Honda Z50R. I found that 17/37 is the best for my needs. My needs for that bike are effortless wheelies and drag racing other mini's. Your honda dealer should be able to set you up with the front sproket. Its the same one on the xr,crf bikes.

forchetto
07-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I have the earlier model, the ST110-6. This has a 107cc Lifan engine, manual 4 speed box and a high level exhaust, looks just like the Original Honda Dax.

Runs well enough thanks to the smooth Lifan engine and great gearbox action, but the fit and finish suck. The frame paint is so thin it's nearly transparent, parts were pre-rusted before painting and there's rust in bolt holes like on passenger footpegs, etc.
Battery and speedo lasted about a week...
On top of that the Spanish importer pretends it's his own make, calling themselves "Monkey bikes" as a company, and putting huge stickers on the frame saying just that, when I believe Honda own the rights to that name. Even Jincheng, who make the most accurate replicas of monkey bikes, don't have the effrontery to call them that.

http://www.m-bikes.com/

I bought mine from the original disgruntled owner with only a few miles on the clock and at a good price, as I wanted a Dax replica.
A good going over things like the electrics, hardware, adjustments and refinishing things like the clutch lever and linkages to make them work smooth, it now runs well and attracts a surprising amount of attention for a 34-year old design.