PDA

View Full Version : license

stephane
05-22-2008, 05:18 PM
hi all again ty for replying so fast the bike is new ad to asemble the front weel speedo exc i got it from Board Brotherz 3928 Edmonton Trail NE
Calgary

Phone #: (403) ***-3585
Fax #: (403) ***-3526
tax shippnig and all 1950$ and he wil be sending me bill of sale and a registry or someting and theres a yamaha dealer close by i dont no if this helps you but i oop you can tel me what to do next ho and it as a 17 digit vin # and on the gaz tank it got a label saying this is a off road bike not street legal

theENIGMATIC
05-22-2008, 05:37 PM
The sticker on the gaz tank was for importation purpose..these China bikes can only be imported as off-road vehicles because the Registrar Of Imported Vehicles only recognizes the manufacturer as an off road recreational vehicle manufacturer because these Chinese companies mainly are just that, they make all sorts of 50cc pocket bikes.dune buggies and stuff like that, but your bike is a dual purpose or dual sport, tell them that at the bureau....
rip it off(the sticker) dude you wont be needing it......once you get the registry and stuff from the dealer take it into your nearest license bureau.....it will work....

IronFist
05-22-2008, 08:18 PM
stephane, cool so far.
Yep rip off that sticker. A hair dryer and fingernail works, don't need much heat. Your bike will need all the lights and horn and stuff to be street legal. When you go to the registration office, you will need a safety certification from your local bike shop. $40 for me. Less reputable shops will certify a toster oven for $40. You pay your taxes at the licence office.
You need bill of sale, title, safety certification, and to pay taxes to register your bike.

Then you get your insurance, is your wallet ready for that?

Once you have all that, then go get your plates.

Those are the hoops, good luck, I give it an 80% chance, if you're determined. No need to start a new post, when you get news, just continue this thread, it'll pop to the top and we'll all see. OK? PM me anytime.