PDA

View Full Version : Roketa DB-07A in PA

madmaximum
01-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Hello Folks. I have a few questions about the Roketa DB-07A. I see xxx-motorsports.com has them for 1029.00 delivered. Has anyone registered one in PA? Was the set-up fairly straightforward? I have read they come with a 56 tooth rear sprocket that should be swapped for a 46 tooth sprocket. What sprocket are you using, & does the chain need to be shortened? Have you found the bikes to be reliable?
I have been doing a lot of reading on here & other sites and these bikes as well as the Lifan bikes seem to be getting decent reviews. I'm hoping some first hand info will help me make up my mind!

Thanks!

culcune
01-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Welcome, the one thing to do right away, probably while assembling, is to put on a new sprocket. Bruce from EJ Cycles has the 46 tooth rear from Lifan. I would recommend a new front sprocket as well (the stock Lifan LF200GY-5 model uses a 46 t rear, and 17 t front. and is the most streetable stock combination IMO--up to 70 mph as I presume that you will be wanting to street ride the bike). You will have to rid the chain of some links, although if you research this site, someone not too long ago had found an aftermarket chain that fit his new aftermarket sprockets. Hope this helps on the sprocket side of things.

My suggestion--unless you are very mechanically inclined, find an authorized dealer of one of these bikes--Not sure how far you are from Bruce at EJ Cycles, but he will set you up with a new Lifan GY-5 model, built and on the road for not much more than mail order!! (Read a new member 'Jet_Tech's' ride report of a 14 hour ride from Louisiana to Florida on a new Lifan GY-5; bone stock for reference)

madmaximum
01-29-2007, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have worked on a lot of motorcyles, so I don't think I would have any trouble assembling it. I actually think it would be enjoyable.

I have been in touch with Bruce via email, & have gotten pricing from him. I like the fact that the Lifan has a tach, plus the headlight looks better. I guess the thing that is drawing me to the Roketa is the rock bottom price.

stixx3969
01-30-2007, 07:13 AM
I have the Roketa with no tach, no big deal. Were you planning on wrapping it up to redline anyway? Racing Possibly? Seems to be fine without one I think. The price is right too!

fatboy250
01-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Ours came with the right sprockets from the factory (46 rear). Top speed around 75mph. The aftermarket chain from JC Whitney was a perfect fit. 428H 126 for $11.99. The H is for heavy duty.

I ride mine to work everyday. We got ours in October, I have just over 3000mile on mine and Dad has a little over 2000miles on his. I've only had a broken spoke that has kept me from riding. I also beat the crap out of mine, but Dad has had no problems.

Assembly took us about 4.5hours for mine and about 3 for his. We knew what we were doing the second go round. Locktiting everything is what takes up some of the assembly time. But we weren't in a hurry either. We wanted to make sure they were right.

Another plus you will want to consider is the 163FML OHC engine that comes with the DB-07A and the disk brakes front and rear.

I had no problems here in SC registering.

culcune
01-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Fatboy, you were the one with the aftermarket chain that fit the 46 t rear bike. Thanks for clearing that up. What is your stock front sprocket? Is it 17 like the Lifan? I figure my 44 t rear and 16 t front should be able to use that chain, too.

red2003
01-30-2007, 10:05 AM
I also have a new DB07A. It came with a 14T front, and 46 rear. I'd say mine is geared for about 70mph, pinned with a good tail wind :lol:

fatboy250
01-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Same as red2003. Red, that thing will go faster with a little work. When we first got ours, they seem to not want to even reach an indicated 70mph unless there was a tail wind. Like I said before, the muffler is the main culprit. The drill bit that Dad made took care of that and all that was left was to allow more air and fuel in.

Jason

red2003
01-30-2007, 11:01 AM
Same as red2003. Red, that thing will go faster with a little work. When we first got ours, they seem to not want to even reach an indicated 70mph unless there was a tail wind. Like I said before, the muffler is the main culprit. The drill bit that Dad made took care of that and all that was left was to allow more air and fuel in.

Jason

Good to hear. Well I took care of the exhaust with the YZ muffler, so that should help. I don't have hardly any miles on it as I bought it in December and can't ride it 'till Spring, so it isn't even broke in yet. It does run well, just not too powerful. Vermont is very mountainous so it's gonna be climbing half it's life and coasting the other half :D

fatboy250
01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Just as a side note on break-in. I believe the "ride it like you stole it" break-in really applies well for these bikes. Someone else posted a link to a more "scientific" explanation of why this is good.

Btw, what are temps like there? I've been riding the past couple of mornings around 25-30 degrees. Less than this it's time to drive the car. By mid day it's a realitively nice 50-60 degrees.

red2003
01-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Just as a side note on break-in. I believe the "ride it like you stole it" break-in really applies well for these bikes. Someone else posted a link to a more "scientific" explanation of why this is good.

Btw, what are temps like there? I've been riding the past couple of mornings around 25-30 degrees. Less than this it's time to drive the car. By mid day it's a realitively nice 50-60 degrees.

COLD man cold! Last night was -20F. You read that right TWENTY BELOW! High today is expected to be 6F. I wont be on the road for about another 2 months :( . We have ridable temps here from end of March 'till about October on a normal year. Then it's time to break out the snowmobiles!!! Comfortable temps don't get here untill about May. But the cold keeps out the riff raff :mrgreen:

madmaximum
01-30-2007, 05:35 PM
If it comes with the 46 tooth rear and a 14 tooth front I can scratch that off the list of things to do to this bike. I had read somewhere they came with a 56 tooth rear. I hope to be ordering it later this week. Anyone registered one in PA?

Thanks

culcune
01-30-2007, 06:16 PM
Double check that they do. Roketa might not know what the factory in China is sending...they just send the container on to you, and this batch of bikes might have a 56 rear tooth; ask them to double or triple check and you still might end up with a 56!

VFRFLYER
01-30-2007, 07:19 PM
The guy ftom florida FMYstreetracer (I think) that got his the same place as me got a different rear sproket than me though. mine is the same as
Fatboy250s 46t maybe just luck of the draw almost all the DB 07 except that one so far have had the 46t oooops one more looks like Roketarider also had a 56t see post
hmmm

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=645

fatboy250
01-31-2007, 06:28 AM
Add one more to the 46 list. Dad's.

cycleway4
02-10-2007, 02:42 PM
madmaximum........dont know if you got your answer on registering in PA,...but there was a used RSX-200E on Ebay about 2 wks ago,...and it was located in PA,...and was titled and tagged.....I emailed the seller asking about this, and he said there were no problems.

Steve
2006 DB-07A/RSX-200E

FMYStreetRacer
02-11-2007, 02:44 AM
The guy ftom florida FMYstreetracer (I think) that got his the same place as me got a different rear sproket than me though. mine is the same as
Fatboy250s 46t maybe just luck of the draw almost all the DB 07 except that one so far have had the 46t oooops one more looks like Roketarider also had a 56t see post
hmmm

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=645

actually i ended cancelling my order with bike bandit cause they fucking suck a big one. i'll never order from that place again.

i have a great motorcycle shop at the end of my street and i didn't even think of them when i placed my order for the sprocket. well long story short i ended up getting the sprocket from the local shop but instead of a 44 i decided to go straight to the 42. and i got it cheaper than bikebandit got it.

fatboy250
02-11-2007, 09:21 AM
How much do you weigh and what is your indicated top speed so far?? I don't know if my bike could pull me around with a 42 on the rear.

Jason

FMYStreetRacer
02-11-2007, 12:14 PM
i've never measured my top speed. my speedo cable broke the first day i rode the bike and Roketa sent me a wrong one as a replacement so i bought another one and shipped the old one back for a return. i took pictures of both cables and e-mailed them to Roketa and the lady said they'd have it out right away.

to be honest i'd say it does a little over 70 mph and you can tell it doesn't have the power to pull you all the way up redline in 5th. but that just makes for a nicer rpm at lower speeds. it still does really well off road as well after you get used to it. it's a big change from the 56t and you have to learn how to go through stuff a bit faster but that's fine by me :D .

oh yeah, i weigh 180 lbs.

madmaximum
02-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Have you guys had any problems getting parts for your bikes? I'm very close to ordering the Roketa, but I want to be sure about parts availablity.

Thanks

FMYStreetRacer
02-12-2007, 09:15 PM
Roketa is pretty good about parts. some parts are not in stock and take a month to get. i'm currently waiting on a battery holder and a rear brake assembly.

i also just bent a rim and will be finding out tomorrow how much and when i will have that here as well.

madmaximum
02-12-2007, 10:55 PM
A month to get parts! 8O

mdsuave13
02-12-2007, 11:10 PM
A month to get parts! 8O

thats where the "backyard engineering" comes into play :)

making spokes out of chopsticks ;-)

sheadouglas
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Thomas Rush with Rush Progressive Motorsports can get Lifan parts within just a few days.

FMYStreetRacer
02-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Thomas Rush with Rush Progressive Motorsports can get Lifan parts within just a few days.

i don't know this for a fact, but i'd bet that ll the parts from the lifan will fit the roketa. i'm in search right now for a china bike front rim. i don't care company it comes from as long as it's a 200c china bike rim.