PDA

View Full Version : If I post it..will they watch it ? (update vid in 1ST post)

TeamCheap
05-24-2008, 08:23 PM
OK so I have this HUGE vid (977mb) and was wondering if anyone would even bother to watch if I go thru the hassle of posting it :roll: .

SOooo, my question is : "If I post it will they watch it"

Even right now I am uploading it to a site but it will take about an hour and 40 minutes by my calculations if it even works.
If that doesnt work I'll try breaking it down into smaller chunks.

We went riding today and the weather was absolutely perfect and I had my cheap little helmet cam on my bike and got a 29 minute vid of just trail riding in the sandy ST.Helens trails.
I had the camera mounted to my handlebars and it shows every bounce and plan to set it up on my helmet and that should give a totally different and smooth vid.

I hate the sound and need to work on making it sound more like it does in real life.

OK to start off the vid in raw format is not all that great from the get-go and after resizing and all it isnt any better :lol: its only the first 5 minutes.The sound is lousy from the camera and in real life my bike sounds AWESOME, no really it does :lol:

ST.Helens video (http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm105/TeamCheap/?action=view&current=SThelen52408-1.flv)
Go to full size and turn the volume down or off.

At the start is my wife on her 350 raptor and you wont she her in front much cause like any good women she knows her place is to follow behind me.
(if she sees this I'll be in trouble :lol:)

Jim
05-24-2008, 09:10 PM
You should re-encode it, use windows media encoder, it's free, and should cut the size down quite a bit...

kczukiman
05-24-2008, 09:16 PM
I'll watch it. :D

culcune
05-24-2008, 09:40 PM
I would watch it, until my computer starts choking and coughing.

TeamCheap
05-24-2008, 10:26 PM
OK well I'm having a hard time with this HUGE file and I hope to get posted in three files.

It really isnt anything special just a 29 minute run thru the woods but I do kope to get better at taking vids of our rides.

yurkia
05-25-2008, 12:49 AM
what kind of camera you using? just curious.

DesertDog
05-25-2008, 01:55 AM
post it post it post it :lol: :lol: :lol:

TeamCheap
05-25-2008, 05:26 AM
The camera is a Oregon Scientific ATC2K.

The sound quality is terrible and the video is a bit rough as well but it is better than nothing I suppose.

I still cant get a small enough file to get it hosted but I'm working on it.

montanaoffroader
05-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Noisy chainsaw you have running in the background there, TC. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course it's much better than any video I have (none!) :wink:

knothead
05-25-2008, 08:55 PM
The camera is a Oregon Scientific ATC2K.

The sound quality is terrible and the video is a bit rough as well but it is better than nothing I suppose.

I still cant get a small enough file to get it hosted but I'm working on it.

What resolution, file size and format do you need? I can output anything except Windows .wmv. I'm working on setting up a new server, so my desktop will be down for a couple of hours, but I can get on it once I have things running again.

You guys really need to switch to Linux... stuff like this is ten times easier than it is under Windows.... :lol:

yurkia
05-26-2008, 12:46 AM
I agree with Knothead. Linux is the bestest.

TeamCheap
05-26-2008, 06:26 AM
It was set to it's max which is 640x480 - 30fps and the raw AVI file was 977mb, almost half of my 2gb sd card.
I'm also thinking it was in a compressed format.

IronFist
05-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I thought I had a battery problem with my camara, but it really doesn't like the vibration. Sad cause it's the camara I don't care about dropping from a moving bike. My good camara doesn't leave the house.

yurkia
05-26-2008, 10:03 AM
......and his good camera has never been used......