PDA

View Full Version : Shipping...Or Lack Thereof

bigdano711
07-15-2023, 12:58 PM
I'm starting to freak out just a little bit. I ordered my Hawk on 07.03.2023. It was shipped through R&L Carriers. This is my first time receiving heavy freight, so I'm not sure how it works. What I know is what the web-site tells me, which is shown below.

Just now I decided to see how far it is from L.A. to Salt Lake, and that is 688 miles and a 10 hour drive. This took roughly 3.5 days from the time it left L.A.

The distance from Salt Lake to Big Piney is 206 miles and a 3 hour drive. What bothers me is the last two entries shown below, both departing Salt Lake in route to "destination terminal". What makes me begin to freak out is when you look at the time difference between the two. Roughly 4 hours. Maybe that second departure was supposed to be an arrival scan at the "destination terminal"....?

I'm still inside the delivery window, the last two days are this Monday and Tuesday. I figure if I don't see some kind of activity by 3pm Monday, I'll be calling R&L with my concerns. What do you guys think?

https://www.chinariders.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29688&stc=1&d=1689440297

Oldenslow
07-15-2023, 04:51 PM
I think it'll arrive just fine. They don't load it up and drive straight to your house, they make umpteen-fifty stops and detours as they mosey along delivering a bunch of different stuff in a bunch of different places. Your turn is coming...

GypsyR
07-15-2023, 11:24 PM
I once chose to order a computer part from Florida. Over other choices at the other end of the country because it would be a 500 miles straight shot to me. Or at least the local big terminal. Shipped on time, and went directly to like Indiana. 500 miles north of me. What? Then it turned around and actually made it to the terminal and was delivered on time. How they did it with their seemingly arbitrarily added thousand miles of shipping I don't even know, but they did. I have to admit being concerned at one point. Sometimes tracking info is more than you want or need to know.

bigdano711
07-17-2023, 08:47 PM
Decided to call the shipping company...glad I did. The number they had for us is an old one, so updated them with mine...again. As the customer support person was looking at it from her end, she let it slip that it showed as being delivered to the "destination terminal". My guess is it's been there since last week. She said they will try to deliver tomorrow. :yay:

Thumper
07-17-2023, 09:20 PM
Late week arrival at the terminal with R&L means wait until next week for delivery. That was my experience (got two bikes via R&L, one hit on the weekend, darnit!).

Good luck on shipping results. Make sure that you peal it open in there presence BEFORE signing, and take pictures if needed. ;)

bigdano711
07-19-2023, 07:09 PM
Definitely "lack thereof", however, I am very happy to report that I called the local freight company, NPT (North Park Transportation) and arranged to go pick it up myself tomorrow morning, bright and early. :yay:

I think R&L was pretty good and got it to the "destination terminal", NPT's local dock, sometime last week, likely on or around the 12th, which was R&L's estimated delivery date.

NPT, on the other hand....whoa. I'll get some video of picking it up but the little cynder-block building they operate 2 trucks out of is ROUGH. I walked around the building, looking for an entrance, and noticed they punched through the wall in several spots with a forklift. :tdown:

We are a town of ~500, so I don't expect much when it comes to little operations like this, but when you punch through the wall, at least patch it to keep the critters out. Not to mention structural integrity. Jeez.