PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic clutch conversion

j5finley
07-20-2023, 01:27 PM
has anyone done a Hydraulic clutch conversion on the Hawk 250 DLX? i have small hands and was thinking on doing this to help with the long Clutch pull. i have tried to get the adjustable levers and when i adjust them to fit my hand i cannot disengage the clutch enough, bike pulls forward with lever in all the way, had to move them back out to get it to disengage the clutch. i know there are adjustments on the clutch cable but none of them change the length of pull for the clutch, correct? Or am i missing something? thanks

david3921
07-21-2023, 09:03 AM
The cable can be adjusted at the lever but also where it's installed at the engine. Start by turning adjusters all the way in at the lever. Next, follow the cable down to the engine. There should be a bracket that holds the cable. You can adjust the nuts on either side to either loosen or tighten the tension on the cable. Loosen the left nut, loosen or tighten the right nut based on what you require, then tighten up the left nut. After that, minute adjustments can be made at the lever. This is how I've always done it.

j5finley
07-24-2023, 10:07 AM
thanks i will give this a try and see how it turns out