PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new "Lifan III b" style exhaust.

chinarider
05-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Hello guys,

I have been looking for this now for some time. I still have not been able to find an exhaust that will fit my Gray-Market, Lifan LF200 III (note that I do not have the LF200III b).

I think I bent the exhaust manifold the first time my exhaust gasket started leaking by tightening the manifold bolt too much on one side trying to stop the leak.

This caused it to deform just a tiny bit there. I noticed this when I finally found a new exhaust gasket and had it shipped to me to replace my blown one. I shrugged it off and put the new exhaust gasket on and put the exhaust back on. The bike quieted right down, except for the broken baffle inside the exhaust that rattles around at 3 to 5 K RPM's.

Well, I went for my first ride this year on this bike for about 40 miles and by the time I was done the ride the new gasket was also blown and was "puffing" out pretty significantly.

Now I am pretty annoyed. I have been looking for a new exhaust just to replace mine which had the broken baffle because it was annoying. Now I have another leaking manifold and I have no place to purchase a new full exhaust system from. Not even Hooper Imports have them right now, and quite frankly I would love at least something like the LF200 III b version of the exhaust and not the crappy older generation version.

I would love to find a much higher quality aftermarket full exhaust but there seems to be none in the "sportbike" version. It appears that the XR or CF line of Honda exhaust would work fine except the pipe goes back on the side instead of under the engine. This will not work with the LF200 III's bike design.

Is my only option a fully customized exhaust built from the ground up? I am thinking of getting a XR header pipe and cutting it and welding on custom bent tubing that will fit an aftermarket dual sport exhaust (which is all I can find for the 200cc range motorcycles).

If anyone has any great way that I can get a new exhaust for this bike that I can rely on and not have to worry about blowing an exhaust gasket every 300 miles, I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope some of you guys have a real world, workable solution for this.

dr1445
05-28-2008, 06:13 AM
if you have enough material left you could try to file the mating surface back to flat, or put a piece of 80 grit production paper on a flat surface like a piece of glass and sand it flat. if that turns out ok cut the pipe open and remove the loose baffle and have it welded up.

chinarider
05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
Do you know if the Honda CBX 250's exhaust will fit this bike? Does anyone?

ejcycles
05-29-2008, 08:20 AM
From what I saw on the net The Honda CBX250 wasn't imported into The USA. I have not ever seen one here.

almonpoole
05-29-2008, 08:31 PM
I see you are looking for a complete exhaust system but here is my canister to wet your whistle on my LF200-III,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dMy6HdXpiA&eurl=http://www.lifan-moto.com/video.htm

Almon

chinarider
05-29-2008, 09:51 PM
where did you purchase it from?

almonpoole
05-29-2008, 10:04 PM
From Bataycan

chinarider
05-29-2008, 11:56 PM
I have emailed him a couple of times through ebay. I hope to get a response soon from him. I found 2 potential locations for a decent exhaust, both are in Florida.

almonpoole
05-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Well watch him, he screwed one of our forum members and I understand he stuck a few people on some engines, at least that is what I was told.

He did send my exhaust canister and I know of two other people who bought from him and they received theirs as well, but sometimes he just decides not to send stuff out so it is 50/50 with him.

Anyway the exhaust is a very good product and it does give a noticeable boost. It also sounds really good, the YouTube video does not do it justice.

Almon

chinarider
05-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I have been following Marlone since your old lifan-moto forum. He seems to be really knowledgeable about the bikes but his personality is not well suited for day to day business.

Too bad he doesn't have an office girl or guy who could run the day to day opp's and he could just tinker and find/build new/better products.

He has a bit of a niche that no one else seems to be filling in the states. If he could just become reliable, his business would gradually take off.

I can tell you for sure that outside of the old style muffler exhaust system for the LF200III's he is the only one that sells a different type of full exhaust for these bikes.

There is another place in Florida that says they have "all" parts (like what 90% of all the dealers say) but as soon as I said great, I will take a quote for a full exhaust, they ignored me for 2 days and then after 2 emails and a phone call I got a message that they would get back to me next week as they are "getting more product in then".

It's kind of funny. If your looking to buy a bike - almost any dealer will tell you they have all parts readily available. Just call their bluff and ask to actually buy something like the handlebar weights or an exhaust and watch them run away with their tail between their legs.

I will admit that some things have gotten better, I can now buy an engine off ebay, any fairing part, full replacement breaks, lights, etc. But they still don't have something as easy as a replacement handlebar weight or an exhaust.[/i]

almonpoole
05-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Hopefully American Lifan will fill the oem parts void soon with their change in selling rules.

Almon