PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm bushings are shot

bsheppar
05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
I bought a 125cc Peace/Star ATV about 2 months ago and the swingarm bushings are already worn out causing the rear end to have too much lateral motion which is what i think is throwing the chain on a consistent basis. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution yet? The link below shows the atv i have.

http://www.peacemotorsports.com/images/FT110ccBDSRed_500.gif

katoranger
05-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Hey neighbor.

You may be able to find some bushings from ACE hardware to fit.

You have a pic of them.

Allen

warrior91
05-30-2008, 02:17 PM
I just (last weekend)machined a set out of brass for my bike.

bsheppar
05-30-2008, 03:08 PM
hey thanks brother. i'll stop by the ACE in loganville on my way home from work. I called the guys over at motodealerimports in tucker and they said they have replacements for $4 each. he claims they're better than the ones that the atv's come with from the factory but i have my doubts.

ejcycles
05-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Warrior91

Ya beat me to it!!! :lol: I do the exact same thing here at the shop. I remove the swingarm and what's left of the bushings take them to the machine shop and have them made out of brass. I install a Zerk fitting into the swingarm to put grease in... and whala you have a part that will outlast most of the less expensive quads... dirt bikes too!

warrior91
05-30-2008, 08:29 PM
Warrior91

Ya beat me to it!!! :lol: I do the exact same thing here at the shop. I remove the swingarm and what's left of the bushings take them to the machine shop and have them made out of brass. I install a Zerk fitting into the swingarm to put grease in... and whala you have a part that will outlast most of the less expensive quads... dirt bikes too!

Yes Brucie, I agree...Why replace with bushings that will fail in another 2 months! My daughters mx has about 150 miles on it and the rubber was separating from the inside and outside steel bushing.... 2 tanks of fuel and the bushings slopped pretty bad. The mx'r feels so much more stable now! No slop, clunk or wobble.

katoranger
05-30-2008, 08:34 PM
I bought some brass bushings from ACE for another project. I not sure if they will have something in that size, but for us less equipped people it may work.

Install of the grease fitting is a great idea.

Allen

warrior91
05-30-2008, 08:46 PM
I installed a zerk on my Yamaha and double roller bearings in the carrier when I was a young punk( bike was new)...Just saying even big names skimp on grease zerks...even though the warrior probably has the most stock zerk fittings of any quad on the market already!