PDA

View Full Version : Infantry 150 P*** poor machine work on hubs

dieselhead
05-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Hey folks, I bought one of these 150 Zongshen manual ATVs and thought I would put a 40T sprocket on inplace of the OEM 34. I knew I would have to remachine the spocket hub for the JTR1353.40 (85 honda ATC200) but what I found after I pulled the axle was pretty disapointing! I put the sprocket hub in the lathe to turn the center down and WOW! the splined iner was nice and true but the OD sprocket shoulder and OD bearing seal surface was 14 thousandths out of true 8O !!! Hey, I could see 4 or 5 maybe (its chink), but .014" !! What this did was the whoble of this hub in the axle bearing seal just wiped the rubber lip out and left the seal spring all bent up in side. The disk brake side main seal was in the same sorry shape so now I know why the disk has a hi rub spot when turned over by hand. The disk hub is also out of sink with the iner spline. This is actualy a nice $1600 ATV but I never would have guessed the A** H***'s in the machine shop approved this kind of buchery! :roll:

TeamCheap
05-30-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm sure it ran true on the chinese lathe they turned it on.

ejcycles
05-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Remember.....

Weebles Wooble but they don't fall down!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

warrior91
05-30-2008, 08:36 PM
I made a couple new bearing carriers at my shop for a couple 110 giovani that threw chains and ate bearings....Cut out old carrier replaced with mechanical tube(3 x thicker wall at least) TRUED the carrier to the axle( they were welded on crooked.!
I remachined axle to fit some nice common Nsk roller bearings/ seals and voila...no thrown chains and smiles on Kids faces

warrior91
05-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Bty when a couple hours of shop rate = the cost of new china bike...some guys are crabby...But when critical elements are carefully fixed the cheap china bike lasts like a WAY, WAY more expensive bike.It is cheaper to buy a few hundred dollar bike, spend a couple hundred upgrading fastners, bushings, bearings etc. and have a more reliable cheap bike.Still cheaper than a used up honda that needs bearings and bushings anyways! :idea: :roll: :lol: