PDA

View Full Version : GSMotorworks "Sinclair LX" 150cc scoot

earWIG
06-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Man, I hope someone here can help me out.

I've got a 150cc scooter that I bought from a company called "GSMotorworks", when they were located near me (Plano TX), not only because it's a decent scooter for the price, but because they were local, and I saw the warehouse full of scooter and parts with my own eyes.

Well they moved the whole operation to Oklahoma apparently, and now they offer no help at all in terms of acquiring replacement parts. They totally suck (stay far away from "GS Motorworks"!), but the scooter is quite good. I've put 5000 miles on the thing in about a year, and it's been a great daily commute.

Problem is that I need a replacement Intake Manifold, and my head is about to explode trying to find one. Best as I can tell, my scooter is fact a Lifan LF150T-9A. I have to believe that someone on planet Earth can sell me a replacement Intake Manifold for this thing, but I sure can't find 'em.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks scooter bros!

kczukiman
06-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I would try raceway atv.

earWIG
06-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks guy.
They do have what looks like a very similar part - they call it an "Intake Tube", but I wonder if the Kazuma part will fit my carb? The bolts on theirs seem to be at a slight angle, where the bolts on mine seem to be "straight" (relative to the rest of the tube). Should I assume that the slight angle that I see would prevent me from being able to use it?
I'm surprised there's not more places to find original Lifan parts...

kens97sto171
06-04-2008, 11:16 AM
I would also post this on ScootDawg.. they are more specialized into scooters... great forum.. just like this one. Mostly dedicated to the Chinese scoots.

http://scootdawg.proboards59.com/index.cgi

Have a great day.
Ken

katoranger
06-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Search GY6 intake on ebay.

The engine is your scooter is most likely a gy6 variation. Lots of hop up parts available for them too.

Allen

earWIG
06-04-2008, 05:23 PM
Thanks katoranger! Will do...
Meanwhile, I think I found the right intake manifold I need from an online shop I found called "Partsforscooters.com".

I'm going to go with a straight drop-in replacement this time, but I noticed a trick-looking all aluminum intake tube (the stock one is rubber with an aluminum core).

DesertDog
06-05-2008, 12:08 AM
here is a list of scooter parts

www.scooterparts4less.com < specialize in gy6 motor parts

www.peacemotorsports.com

good luck

DD

pedez2000
06-06-2008, 11:21 PM
we sell scooter parts and perfromance parts for scooters too.

i have the part you need 20.00 shipped