PDA

View Full Version : allignment on rear axle

DesertDog
06-09-2008, 12:43 PM
i have a 125PR big frame and tires , i've noticed when i follow my son that the rear end is off to the right more than the left, sorta like it is dog tracking,

the front end is wider than the back

i've checked the measurements of the axle to c if it was backwords,
meaning if the right was on the left and so forth. nothing wrong there.

so i am wondering how to measure anything else, i guess the frame could be twisted (bent) to the right some ,,

i dont want to rebend or start hammering or heat up and bend till i know forsure,

the front and rear sprokets line up abit off but not to the extent that it would make a difference

the left rear tire is off to the front tire by 3" to the right

where the right rear tire is even with the front,, all looking down the side view

i'm leaning towords a bent frame

will try and take some pix later and post ,,, i haffa go pay bills and take my daughter out to lunch
yes i dont work mondays

DD

DesertDog
06-10-2008, 11:35 PM
so nobody knows enough to say anything about a back axle on an atv,

oh well ?

VinceDrake
06-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey Mr. Dog!

Well, I really don't have a whole heck of a lot ot add, but when I got my Gio 110, the rear axle bushings came pre-screwed, so the chain tension would cause it to pull ahead, and to the Left. They were just a cheesy rubber bushing-- Might be something worth checking out... Other than that, when I put it together, I put the long axle spacer on the wrong side, making the chain out of line, and shoving the tire way over....

--Vince

DesertDog
06-11-2008, 12:22 AM
oh i've found what was apart of the proplem ,
and i am fixing on that and slobbering , i mean really slobbering, i have got to be the worst wire feed welder on the planet, but its working.

i've taken pix > for those that need to see my screw up shots ,

the frame is twisted and i do have to do alot of heating and rebending, cutting , welding, definately have to move the swing arm shock mont over to the right when done .

i cant move everything over to much or it will mess up the allignement on the sprokets

i dont mind doing this i need the practise if i plan on a service bay in my shop. just need to get better @ slobbering

DD

VinceDrake
06-11-2008, 12:09 PM
I hear ya' Mr. Dog. With Oxy I can do magic, but my arc and MIG are freakin' terrible. Especially some things just take forever with oxy. (1/2" plate is really, really, slow!)

I guess it comes from farming background-- Oxy could go almost anywhere, but busted stuff needed to get dragged back to the quonset to use the arc....

Was the frame on the ATv jsut welded up wrong, on was it damaged in transit somewheres?

--Vince

DesertDog
06-11-2008, 09:09 PM
i'm thinking they tossed it around on the assembly line and bent the rear on it , this looks like an assembly mistake

will be posting pix soon

DesertDog
06-13-2008, 11:53 PM
:( all back together and it still dog tracks :(

oh well ?

VinceDrake
06-14-2008, 11:54 AM
How much DessertDog Tracking are we talking about? About the same as before, or less? I'm curious now....

--Vince

DesertDog
06-14-2008, 08:50 PM
not that it moves to the right , it is off to the right,

i'm almost thinking it is the wrong axle in there

i might have to paint some lines on the drive hang some weights on string on the lower frame and see if its the frame or just the axel

the left side of the axle is 10.5" from the inner threads , by the sproket, to the outer part of the axle

the rightside is 9.25" from the inner threads to the outer tip of the axle

and its the left side that is not sticking out

oh i'll post some pix to hard to explain