PDA

View Full Version : clutch problems 125 CC china bike "coolster"

dirtbikewilly
06-11-2008, 07:29 PM
My dirt bike is a coolster and I was ridding it on monday when it seems like my clutch froze or somthing because it is fully engaged and wont spring back down like it should when you let go of the handle , the clutch handle is very loose with a lot of play in the cable.

how do i fix this

IronFist
06-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Did it get pinched? Was it well oiled?
Check the cable again for damage, check for play where the cable meets motor. Put some oil down the cable if its dry.

Post again if you can't clear that up. I hope your gears aren't mashed.

katoranger
06-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Sounds like either a cable problem or something in the clutch release inside the right case cover.

You may need to pull that cover to see what is up.

Allen

dirtbikewilly
06-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I took of the clutch cable and it has some broken wires on it. causing it to bind up. the clutch still works good I rode the bike with a string rig to shift. and it rides like normal, I have emailed the company to try and get a new cable I hope that they will find it? Thanks for the help 8)

steelrfn
06-12-2008, 07:54 PM
If the company doesn't come forward quickly you can carry your cable into a honda shop and ask them to compare it. We got them to find the correct one for my sons 110, (I believe it was off an XR70R, but am not positive), but they sure weren't happy about doing it.

ImEazy
06-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Also on ebay search for "pit bike clutch cable".

This Link (http://www.scooterparts4less.com/web_gas/4Stroke_Cables.htm) as well.

They are pretty universal.

ChiGongJitsu
06-12-2008, 10:42 PM
If the company doesn't come forward quickly you can carry your cable into a honda shop and ask them to compare it. We got them to find the correct one for my sons 110, (I believe it was off an XR70R, but am not positive), but they sure weren't happy about doing it.

I find it funny when the japanese dealers get all snippy about selling parts to people with chinese motorcycles. If it weren't for the chinese bikes, they wouldn't be selling those parts and making a bit more cash. Ebay is great for getting pit bike parts though, as mentioned.