PDA

View Full Version : Broken Headlight

Dragon
06-11-2008, 10:51 PM
The plastic joint on the headlight broke, I guess, from vibration. VBIKE said plastic parts are not under warranty. Thumbs down for VBIKE.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc284/roadrunnerss/thumbs-down.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3137/2571400075_845a7a8820.jpg

katoranger
06-11-2008, 11:25 PM
JB weld is your friend. I like the 5 minute quick stuff for those type of situations. Available at your local walmart in the automotive aisle.

Or any 2 part epoxy for plastic.

I keep the 5 minute stuff in my toolbox.

Allen

Dragon
06-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Superglue was used. I am not hopeful because I don't have much luck with gluing little pieces of plastic in the past.

DirtRoadKing
06-11-2008, 11:37 PM
The bottom piece that holds the adjuster nut broke on mine. I used epoxy to put it back together then gooped it on kinda heavy, let it set up and it's still holding. You might try that, nothing to loose at this point...
We are still waiting on a fender replacement from Vbike that came broke with the bike. He had said a couple of weeks for it. It's been seven weeks and we are still waiting. I've lost respect for them now...

katoranger
06-11-2008, 11:41 PM
The truth is coming out now. :lol:

Actually it may be that all parts are backordered due to that earthquake.

With the JB weld I tend to mix some up on a piece of cardboard with a nail and then goop it on. It usually holds well.

Allen

Dragon
06-11-2008, 11:48 PM
The truth is coming out now. :lol:

Actually it may be that all parts are backordered due to that earthquake.

Aren't they suppose to order extra parts when they order the bikes from China? I thought they stuff the left over spaces in the cargo container with extra bits of parts. If they plan to do business for a long time, they ought to have a warehouse full of parts.

Ok, so I'm not optomistic about getting any parts support from Vbike (Hi Bird). Is American Lifan (particularly MotoXtreme) better at stocking parts?

katoranger
06-12-2008, 11:22 AM
Ask Bruce about parts for American Lifans.

Allen

Dragon
06-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Ask Bruce about parts for American Lifans.

Allen

I read the post about the struggle between Bruce and AL. What I take out of it is that AL is trying to keep their supply of parts from going to non-AL bikes. This is good if you own an AL. This is bad if you own a non-AL bike. I understand Bruce is trying to help everyone who owns a china bike out. I also understand AL is trying to protect their business by ensuring their customers have parts.

katoranger
06-12-2008, 12:31 PM
The latest thing I got was that anyone was going to be able to buy AL parts.

If I ordered a container of bikes I would want it filled with spares also, just would make sense if you plan to stay in business.

Allen

IronFist
06-12-2008, 05:49 PM
I JB welded my cb muffler hole (only 1 and it was small). I read that it isn't likely that it would hold. So far I got 1500 miles on the McGyver.

I got a small, tin, lozenge box. Altoids I think. I cut a small square of tin to cover the hole. I JB welded the hole, stuck the little tin square over it and put a weight on it for 24 hours. It looks as solid as the day I did it.

There was another product at canadian tire that I almost tried. Liquid HEAT Steal. It says it hardens with heat. The hotter the stronger the weld. The things you do when you can't slobber. :?

dr1445
06-12-2008, 09:18 PM
i just fixed the plastic on my mirror with "tough as nails" which is made for vinyl cove base. it worked aces. regarding the headlamp see if you use a small wire drill to make a small hole in both parts and use a metal pin with your favorite glue.

katoranger
06-12-2008, 10:19 PM
I have JB welded patches on mufflers. Mine have held. Friends ratted out CM400 patched and much quieter and he gained some power back.

Allen

DesertDog
06-12-2008, 11:43 PM
yes most manufacturers were affected by the quake,

the piston/rings/valves, and everything else i ordered thru loncin.ca is on back order they have no idea when the ship will arrive withe there stuff and my parts :x

and i was also told that some manu.s wont just toss in some parts in a container that you ordered full of bikes/atv's,etc.... it not cost effective for them,
1 container full of parts slim chance, 2-to-4 container loads yes ,

some guy from china-atv-parts i think emailed me and said that he helps alot of dealers get thier parts, mixed parts of different brands....

so for the time being i guess we make our own or go buy a thailand Kawasaki, red in color if you want :) and have all the parts we can dream of

VBIKEUSA
06-13-2008, 12:57 PM
sorry for all the problem guys ,HI-BIRD is short on some parts ,like speed odometer cable we have around 10 customres is waiting ,we will have some coming in next 10days ,dirtroad king please call me at 888 207 6401 about your fender ,everything else we have instock ,we try our best to take care all of our customers ,just give me a call if yours need any parts

VBIKEUSA
06-13-2008, 01:18 PM
dragon thank you for all of your good words ,about your headlight plastic ,just send it back we will replace you new one ,but please understand ,warranty is all cover engine and elcectrical componets it say very clear in our bill of sale ,we always try our best to supports all of our customers

Dragon
06-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Looks like the superglue is holding. If it doesn't, I'll make a attach a screw to it or something ghetto. It's not worth shipping cost or be without my ride for weeks or months.

What I really need for my Hi Bird is a 3-gallon gas tank, like the one Lifan has for its GY5!

kczukiman
06-13-2008, 02:20 PM
Lifans have 3 gal Tanks?

DirtRoadKing
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Vbike, Thanks for your reply. It was me that e-mailed you to inform you of some of the problem we were discussing on here.
I will have Melinda call you about the fender since she has been the one dealing with you about her bike.
Tim, thanks again for your reply.
Matt