PDA

View Full Version : Redcat DZ-100

xbolt
06-14-2008, 06:03 PM
I have a Redcat DZ-100, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it was cloned from. I'm having a hard time finding parts, and I couldn't find a translated service manual or parts list. It also doesn't seem to fit into any specific category. It's 100cc, but it isn't a pit bike, just a medium sized dirt bike. I need to beef up the suspension, and get a better air filter on it. My fiance has a Redcat CT-90, and she really likes it. Rides it eveywhere. But, again, it's hard to figure out what parts fit. We have a couple really good bike supply places locally, and it would be great to be able to get parts there right away instead of ordering and waiting. I appreciate any help you guys could give me. Thanks.

yurkia
06-14-2008, 06:16 PM
pictures pictures pictures.

katoranger
06-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Is the engine a horizontal like a pit bike or vertical like an xr100 honda?

Pictures would help.

It fits into this forum fine for now.

Allen

xbolt
06-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, it's in a few pieces right now, but I'll see what I can do. I had to take it apart to put in a new ignition coil and track down an intake leak. Ok, I cheated and stole someone else's pics. Here's a criagslist add of the same bike: http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/687220913.html

You'll have to bear with me, I'm still new to this forum, so if I do things the wrong way, be patient.

Oh, yeah, it's a vertical engine, 97cc.

katoranger
06-14-2008, 06:33 PM
The engine looks to be like an xr100. You may be able to use parts from one of those.

Not sure what parts you are looking for.

Allen

katoranger
06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
One more thing. Bruce at EJcycles use to carry the redcat brand and may be able to give you alittle more info on that model.

Also welcome from a former Minnesotan.

Lived at 2357 carter ave, st paul near the U 0f M.

Allen

xbolt
06-14-2008, 06:44 PM
We're over in Frogtown. Anyway, I need to replace the rear shock spring with something stiffer, maybe the fork springs as well, it's got a leaky intake manifold, and I'd like to put a foam or K&N style air filter on it. Plus there are consumables like gaskets and such. It's my first dike bike, but I've been wrenching on my Buells for years, so I'm not entirely lost, just mostly.

warrior91
06-14-2008, 11:29 PM
dump out whatever fluid is in the forks and fill with ATF.
I did this to my daughters bike and the suspension does not bottom out when rolling over a pebble anymore and does not pogo up and down.
It has good suspension in front, but the rear shock will be swapped.
I was debating about fork springs but the oil did the trick...like a whole new bike, more controlable and actually less steering effort as the front end feels solid now!

xbolt
06-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the help.
:D