PDA

View Full Version : Hensim 150 in need of valve adjustment. Need help!

Hensim-150
06-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone, I'm having a small problem with this little thumper. I ride and work on my own bikes all the time, But just so happens this is my first china bike and the manual kinda sucks. it fails to even mention some of the regular maintenance that needs to be done on the bike such as fork oil changing and whatnot. Anyhow to the point, I need to adjust the valves as they're starting to make some noise. How exactly do i go about this on this bike? The manual mentions some caps on the left case cover which dont seem to exsist, Thats really where im having the problem. If i could just locate where to adjust them i could take it from there. I can find my way around an engine pretty easy but i'm hoping that this model dont require any big time take down for the job. I apreciate any help. Thanks. (PS: My 2 main bikes are my Cr500 and 250 this little 150 i got for trails and such and its been suprisingly reliable. Its held up just as good as my hondas though it does have its slight flaws. :D )

VinceDrake
06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Mr 150: Greetings and welcome! There's a really good valve adjustment tutorial in the Dualsport/Enduro forum in the stickies. Being a 150 (I assume vertical cylendar) the proceedure and specs ahould be the same as the 200cc most people are running....

Hope this helps
--Vince

Hensim-150
06-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the welcome. 8) thats a pretty good tutorial but my bike looks nothing like that. If it did i probably would have had it done by now lol. Mine dont have the caps on the cylinder head like that. And that timing inspectiong cap on the case cover on that bike sounds like what my manual was talking about but the funny thing is the cap that looks like the timing inspection cap on my bike is on the cylinder itself. Heres a pic of the left cover http://site.hobby-estore.com/images/hensim-150cc-dirt-bike/db-150cc-3.jpg and heres one that shows the cap on the cylinder http://site.hobby-estore.com/images/hensim-150cc-dirt-bike/db-150cc-4.jpg one more http://site.hobby-estore.com/images/hensim-150cc-dirt-bike/db-150cc-10.jpg Now my manual seems to be explaining the way to adjust the valves on some other model. And just for the record these pics are not of my actual bike...but they are the same model.

Hensim-150
06-18-2008, 03:12 PM
Nevermind on this one fellas, I managed to find it myself with a bit of tinkering. What looks like the head on this model is actualy the valve cover. I'm Adjusting them now. Thanks. 8)

IronFist
06-18-2008, 04:25 PM
I looked but couldn't tell. I decided not not give bad advice.

katoranger
06-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Pushrod engine. Is the little cap under the black sticker?

Allen

Hensim-150
06-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Nope, Theres no cap on this one. The only cap is on the left side of the cylinder as seen in the pics.

yurkia
06-19-2008, 08:15 PM
The left side cover one piece from front continuing back to and covering the pinion? if so, I will almost bet the whole left cover comes off to find TDC.

katoranger
06-19-2008, 10:29 PM
The left side cover one piece from from continuing back and covering the pinion? if so. I will almost bet the whole left cover comes off to find TDC.

You are probably right. Three or four bolts and remove the shifter.

Allen