PDA

View Full Version : My First China Ride

jayg
06-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Well today was my first ride on my 2008 LiFan200 GY 5. I road about 25 miles to and from the DMV in traffic, man did I get some looks. The bike was good out the hole and stayed strong to a sustained 60 MPH. Over all I was happy and I am looking forward to more!!

I do have to say...I am not happy with dirt tires on the road. I found the ride slightly rough and knobby. I am open to reasonably priced tire suggestions.

All in all, a nice bike for a China product.

Dragon
06-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Let the tires wear-in before deciding to ditch 'em. I hated the stock tire in the beginning. After they're worn-in, they work just fine.

TeamCheap
06-23-2008, 10:46 PM
I need something a bit more aggressive for offroading but have decided to run the stockers out until they are worn.

katoranger
06-24-2008, 09:24 AM
The stocks are okay, but I like my duro medians alot better. $90 for the set shipped from www.americanmototire.com

Allen

DirtRoadKing
06-24-2008, 11:25 AM
I like the Duro Medians also. Just put them on the Ricardo last weekend and love them. I paid a little more from Dennis Kirk because they had them in stock. Installed new tubes and rim strips also.

katoranger
06-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Yep. americanmoto has been out of stock for alittle while.

Allen

AZ200cc
06-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Wait a bit and You will see that people will stop You and ask about the bike instead of just staring :lol:

Congrats sir

jayg
06-25-2008, 03:20 PM
OK my commute to and from work is about 40 Miles round trip and this is how it went...

I started out on HWY265 a 4 lane screamer!! I was pegged at 65 MPH and I was holding up traffic, they loved me! Anyway I went into a single lane on to HWY42 then made a left and right onto Wolfpen Branch. This is a two lane winding road through the woods. At the end of that I turned left on to River Road. This was nice. River Road runs along side the Ohio river and the speed limit is 35 - 45 depending what part you are traveling on. I followed the river the whole way into my parking garage for work. I just reversed this route for the way home. the hors is lacking and needs to be replaced with one that has balls.

The bike did good and it ran like a champ. So far so good. I did a post ride check of the bike and all looked good with no lose bolts or nuts, lock tight eh.

The bike pulled good and stopped fair. IT handled ok for knobby tires. It was responsive to my weight shift and recovery was easy. The vibration was high, my hands are buzzing when I get off! It idled at about 1500 - 1800 at stop lights and was out the hole easily.

All and all a good ride and once I get used to the bike I can see a lot of good relaxed riding.

Thanks...

kens97sto171
06-29-2008, 01:29 AM
OK my commute to and from work is about 40 Miles round trip and this is how it went...

I started out on HWY265 a 4 lane screamer!! I was pegged at 65 MPH and I was holding up traffic, they loved me! Anyway I went into a single lane on to HWY42 then made a left and right onto Wolfpen Branch. This is a two lane winding road through the woods. At the end of that I turned left on to River Road. This was nice. River Road runs along side the Ohio river and the speed limit is 35 - 45 depending what part you are traveling on. I followed the river the whole way into my parking garage for work. I just reversed this route for the way home. the hors is lacking and needs to be replaced with one that has balls.

The bike did good and it ran like a champ. So far so good. I did a post ride check of the bike and all looked good with no lose bolts or nuts, lock tight eh.

The bike pulled good and stopped fair. IT handled ok for knobby tires. It was responsive to my weight shift and recovery was easy. The vibration was high, my hands are buzzing when I get off! It idled at about 1500 - 1800 at stop lights and was out the hole easily.

All and all a good ride and once I get used to the bike I can see a lot of good relaxed riding.

Thanks...

Sounds like you live in the Cincinnat Ohio area.... either that or you have quite a few roads with common names...

I am my friend both have 200cc dual sports.. mine is a Roketa DB07, His is a Yamaha TW200. Would love to go on some rides together..

PM me if you want to go riding.. I can give you my email and phone if you want after that...

Glad to hear your enjoying your bike.. they really are pretty good bikes.

Ken