PDA

View Full Version : longest ride on my bike yet

06-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Today is Sunday and I had a full tank of gas. I decided to test my endurance and do some riding up to Pittsburgh. I took 40 out of Wheeling West Virginia all the way up to 519 outside of Washington, Pa. Then I took 519 to 19 and rode 19 into the Burgh.

The bike performed flawlessly. But Butt however is worse for the wear. On the way back I decided to take the highway as storm clouds were looming. Despite being thrown all over the place by wind and tractor-trailers, I made it home in one piece.

In total I rode 149 miles. Only stopped once to make sure my lights were all working and everything was in order.

Plan on doing it again next week only with a stop at Hooters for some wings and a couple of beers while I stare longingly at the mammary glands of my waitress. :twisted:

PS: MY BUTT HURTS...I GOTTA FIND SOME FOAM FOR UNDER SEAT COVER!!!!!!

IronFist
06-29-2008, 06:19 PM
You can add foam to the top and recover with naugahide, that way if it looks crappy you still have the stock seat underneath. I needed to get a strong stapler when I did mine.

Qingdao
07-08-2008, 10:50 PM
I am planning an insane looooooong ride myself.

1000miles or 1600km. Springfield, MO to Charleston, SC.

TAKING ALL BETS. but you gota specify the city in which I will break down in and the problem. :lol:

As far as seats if you want a confy one the 80s gs's had a seat that was 4"s thick and I made a 1500 mile one stop for sleep jurny no prob. BTW I riped that 20# seat off after I got back home and put on a 1*6 board and leather "custom" lite wheight seat.

arm53
07-19-2008, 10:03 PM
I am planning an insane looooooong ride myself.

1000miles or 1600km. Springfield, MO to Charleston, SC.

Damn I love your spunk. You should make a short run up to Pomme de Terre to visit................before you die. :wink: