PDA

View Full Version : LB200 V Brand new but right fork leaking oil...

naqviak
07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I recently bought LB200-2 bike from VBIKE and it has been a nightmare. It came damaged to start with. Today I saw oil leaking from right fork and wondering how to fix it. Any suggestion?

Qingdao
07-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Dude you got a LEMON.

How fast is the leak and where is it?

Regardless of the speed and the position of the leak you probobly need new seals, or need to rebuild the forks.

naqviak
07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Dude you got a LEMON.

Regardless of the speed and the position of the leak you probobly need new seals, or need to rebuild the forks.

The leak is slow and I guess is leaking from the top of seal.
Another issue I saw just now is that there is some oil leak at / around left front brake assembly. I will inspect is in detail duing daylight.

btw by your experience, are the seals used in bike standard size or special for this bike. Where can I find these seals?

IronFist
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Dude you got a LEMON.

Because a bike has a dried out seal, or incorrectly installed seal does NOT in it's self make a bike a lemon. Nevertheless, a leaking fork seal is not acceptable. Give Vbike the chance to come up with a set of seals. They aren't expensive, just specific. You need the seals for your forks. Vbike should give you shipped free, all parts that were broken upon delivery. Legally, I think that if you signed for the bike ....you bought it. But they should do what's right. Even if you have to complain a lot.

Your question was how to fix a seal? I can't type that much. Though there isn't a Clymer for your bike, I learned a lot about my chinabike from reading the Honda xl clymer. Hit the library, way cheaper than Chapters. Any motorcycle handbook for a 1 cylinder is gonna help you a lot. It helped me.

Your

Qingdao
07-02-2008, 01:10 AM
I have never had a real bad fork leak. I would imagine that all forks are generally the same with different sizes. I don't know.

Qingdao
07-02-2008, 01:12 AM
I can tell you that the procedure will probobly be a pain and I would stab Tim in the face with a sodering iron.

dr1445
07-02-2008, 06:35 AM
ask tim if you can return the offending fork leg for one that does not leak. that way you do not need to buy or make the seal install
aids.

IronFist
07-02-2008, 09:06 AM
ask tim if you can return the offending fork leg for one that does not leak. that way you do not need to buy or make the seal install
aids.

Good call man! It was late when I replied last night and that's after a good day of riding. I don't know about the soldering iron :roll: , but ya, the procedure is a pain. If you can get them to do it, that's the way to get er done.

naqviak
07-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Well I already sent him an email as a warranty item. I will give him a day to rspond. I am kinda pissed by lack of response from VBikes. I called him yesterday to order the replacement parts for damaged panels and he said he will call me back right away and never called.

Qingdao
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't know about the soldering iron :roll:

It is a metiphorical soldering iron :twisted:

AZ200cc
07-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I can tell you that the procedure will probobly be a pain and I would stab Tim in the face with a sodering iron.

Joe Dirt

Jim
07-02-2008, 10:21 PM
You're talking to my boy all wrong...

Christopher Walken is great.

IronFist
07-03-2008, 12:11 AM

Joe Dirt

Sorry Qingdao :wink:

Qingdao
07-03-2008, 01:36 AM

Joe Dirt

WHAT CULUR IS MY NECK?!?

THATS RIGHT ITS
REEEEED

sorry i am from south carolina