PDA

View Full Version : Hawaii registration

Akonababe
02-07-2007, 12:28 PM
Hawaii registration on these bikes is very easy. MSO & bill of sale $57.50 and out the door no questions asked. Love it.

Akonababe
02-07-2007, 12:29 PM
I forgot also a safety check which is required here, they just make sure all the lights work and tires are good.

culcune
02-07-2007, 04:44 PM
In Yuma, Arizona, they tried to make me jump a few hoops, but I went around the system and went to a state-licensed private motor vehicle office in Phoenix. In Yuma, they wanted me to bond the title and perform a visual inspection; at the private place, they worked off the MCO/bill of sale and handed me the license plate, title, registration, and sticker.

This is how it should have been taken care of--in Arizona, you can register a quad or an off-road buggy for the street, but it is up to you to make sure everything that should be there is there such as headlight, taillight, mirrors, etc. If you get pulled over, and a cop sees missing equipment, the burden is on you and you get a ticket for not complying. The MVD office official taking a proactive approach to registration is just not Arizona-like--it's almost, Californian!!!