PDA

View Full Version : Nailed by a cop on my first ride

jb
07-21-2008, 07:21 PM
I took my Hensim "sport" bike on it's first real ride today, to work and back. Going to work was uneventful except for some tard getting pissed and honking at me for only doing 45 on a 30 MPH road. :roll: Coming home though, I got stopped by a cop on a motorcycle. After like 20 minutes of BS questions, standing out in the 100 degree heat this joker finally tells me he stopped me for not having my headlight on. Fine, my bad, but then he goes on to give me another ticket for not having amber reflectors on the front forks and red reflectors on the rear. Come on, my taillight has reflectors built into it and amber reflectors up front are not required for inspection, so why the heck would it be required by the cops. I'll get the tickets dropped but I can't believe my first ride out cost me a huge amount of hassle.

AZ200cc
07-21-2008, 07:26 PM
You got one of the "fun" cops.

Sucks

jayg
07-21-2008, 07:28 PM
He was just envious that he is not a china rider!

mrhyak
07-21-2008, 07:43 PM
I can't believe he zapped you for reflectors. One of the first things I did on my Russian Ural bike was remove all reflectors from the thing. I didn't want to be riding a freak'n christmas tree.... I'm going to check our laws regarding reflectors and see if they are actually required equipment...

VinceDrake
07-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Jeez! That's a damned poor excuse to give a ticket! No chance you have a marked bike/plate?

--Vince

Jim
07-21-2008, 08:30 PM
I can't believe he zapped you for reflectors. One of the first things I did on my Russian Ural bike was remove all reflectors from the thing. I didn't want to be riding a freak'n christmas tree.... I'm going to check our laws regarding reflectors and see if they are actually required equipment...

Funny, one of the first things I did with my Lifan after assembly was put reflector tape ON it... :lol:

Dragon
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry to say that you were a victim of "motorcycle profiling." You're not alone; we've all been victimized. It is unfortunate that even in this day and age, overzealous police still harass motorcyclists. Some cops assume that just because we are on a motorcycle, we must be the criminal sort. It pizzes me off; but there's nothing we can do about it really.

jb
07-21-2008, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry to say that you were a victim of "motorcycle profiling." You're not alone; we've all been victimized. It is unfortunate that even in this day and age, overzealous police still harass motorcyclists. Some cops assume that just because we are on a motorcycle, we must be the criminal sort. It pizzes me off; but there's nothing we can do about it really.

I believe you're at least somewhat right, but geez the cop himself was on a bike. Not a particularly nice one either. When he pulled off I was half afraid his chain was gonna pop and fly up in my face from all the racket it was making.

AZ200cc
07-22-2008, 01:04 PM

I believe you're at least somewhat right, but geez the cop himself was on a bike. Not a particularly nice one either. When he pulled off I was half afraid his chain was gonna pop and fly up in my face from all the racket it was making.

Maybe he was mad a China Moto was nicer than his ride 8O :lol:

maf119l
07-22-2008, 01:38 PM
It's the opposite around where i live.If you ride a bike they are less likely to bother you.Most of them ride bikes too.

ChiGongJitsu
07-22-2008, 06:23 PM
i wonder if his bike had the necessary reflectors as well, what an buttknock...

jb
07-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I left the bike at home today. Just couldn't really get into it, after yesterday's ride. I did mount reflectors on all four corners and hard wire my headlight though. Hopefully that'll keep the jerks outta my business.

IronFist
07-22-2008, 11:04 PM
The one reason a bike gets pulled over here in Toronto is for not having the head light on. Once they have you stopped they try to nail you for something else. I never forget to put my headlight on. Biking is a learning process, don't sweat it. My lessons haven't been expensive yet, mine have been embarrassing. :(

tigertamer
08-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I have an S-10, a Tracker, a Harley-Davidson, and the ol' tin horse...all of which needs no input from me to be :idea: illuminated 8)

I learned my headlight lesson in 81. I just pulled out in the cager at night on a brightly lit boulevard with only my parking lights on :cry: My instruments were lit so I assumed...

Anyways, my only DUI!

Stay safe,
Tigertamer

DDG1976
09-07-2008, 08:29 PM
"I'm not as think as you drunk I am!"

tigertamer
09-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Well I don't like to drink water. Fishes f@#k in it :!:

8O
Tigertamer

DDG1976
09-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Got into a fight outside a bar in town a few weeks ago, the guys I was having words with threw me into the bar. It could have been a reverse Ron White story. Got bunged up, and banned from the bar, not fair, not fair.

tigertamer
09-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Got bunged up, and banned from the bar, not fair, not fair.

Brother, I hope you meant "banged up" :oops:

:wink:
Tigertamer

DDG1976
09-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Stupid qwerty. You'd think by now microsoft would have a keyboard that automatically knows what I'm thinking.

tigertamer
09-08-2008, 08:07 AM
LOL

TT

frostbite
09-08-2008, 08:34 AM
On my KLX the headlight comes on as soon as you turn the key. :evil:

The one reason a bike gets pulled over here in Toronto is for not having the head light on. Once they have you stopped they try to nail you for something else. I never forget to put my headlight on. Biking is a learning process, don't sweat it. My lessons haven't been expensive yet, mine have been embarrassing. :(

IronFist
09-08-2008, 11:26 AM
On my KLX the headlight comes on as soon as you turn the key. :evil:

New bikes in Canada are all like that by law, Frostbite. It's just that my old CB is from 1972 and exempt from the new safety rules. Everything is manual on my bike, even the timing. :oops: