PDA

View Full Version : 125D utility from Vbike.us

waldersha
07-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Looking at this ATV for my wife/little girl. They want the pink camo and automatic. This is the only one I have found that offers both.

http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=showpro&spid=119

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this particular quad and whether it would be big enough for them, or at least the wife to ride until my little girl gets big enough.

I sent an email to Vbike, but haven't got a reply yet and they are anxious about knowing whether this is a possibility.

Thanks!

kczukiman
07-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi waldersha,I don't know how old your daughter is but my buddy purchased the 150 for his daughter.I dont thinkyou would be very happy with the 125 size wise for your wife pluse its not very wide wich would concern me as far as stability.the 150 you can adjust the throttle down to around 10 mph.

http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=showpro&spid=26&bs=&pz=&scid=42

waldersha
07-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I understand what you are saying, but they want the pink camo and also want the automatic. I haven't seen the pink camo in anything larger than this 125, most I have seen were 110's.

As far as width, I ride a Kawasaki Bayou 300 that is only 2 inches wider. We aren't looking to do anything other than ride in the backyard/pasture, so it doesn't have to be anything extreme. They just liked the looks of this one and I can't really see 25cc making much difference. Just concerned about physical size. Although again, my 300 is only slightly bigger. (72x36x40) vs 53?x34x37

Here's another question. Does anyone know when the length is measured if it includes the rear rack or just to the end of the fender? I would guess to the end of the fender. If that's the case, it would be real close.

Again, thanks for any replies.

VinceDrake
07-28-2008, 09:12 PM
In my experience, the measurements are the aboslute maximum dimensions I.e: Includes back rack for length, width is distance from the outside of the front tires, and height is to the top of the handlebars.

For what it's worth, it seems like the Front Tire size tells the story.

Anything with a 16x7-8 is a kids machine. Only for riders under 4.5 feet. likely 3 of them will fit in a 8' pickup box. (Sideways)

19x8-8 Is about a 3/4 sized Quad. Suitable for people 5'10" and Under. Not a pro-grade machine, but competent. likely 2 fit (Poorly) in an 8' pickup bed.

21x7x10 seems to be as close to a full size quad as they get. Still about 85% of full size, but reasonable size. Ine fits in the back of a pickup, nicely with lots of space.

Oh yeah, and anything p-metric, i.e. 145-6 is a toy quad. Small kids machine. Under 4 foot.

I know it sounds kind of stupid, but it seems to be the way of it. All the 125's I've seen are a really small machine, think oversize 50cc. As an aside, the First number in the tire size is The Outside Diameter of the Tire In Inches. You can kind of judge the size of things by the tire size.

Hope this helps (This is only a guide, and subject to errors, blah blah, blah.)

EDIT: If you can find the shipping size, usually it indicates better how big the body of the quad will be. Usually they pack the tires and bars around inside body cutouts (foot wells, etc.) while in the crate, the quad being the size of the crate, minus a couple inches...

--Vince

waldersha
07-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Ok, thanks for the explanation. Guess it was wishful thinking on my part. Not sure how I'm going to explain that they can't have the pink camo though. :?

Pretty sure we'll end up with one eventually, just not sure which one. Thanks for the help guys.

IronFist
07-29-2008, 09:44 PM
You could paint any atv you bought???? Make a day of it :idea:

katoranger
07-30-2008, 08:57 AM
You could paint any atv you bought???? Make a day of it :idea:

That is the best solution right there.

Find the best model you can then visit walmart for some paint.

Allen

waldersha
07-30-2008, 09:00 AM
I've thought about that and almost got the wife to go for it as well, but then I found one (in my other thread) that is ready to go. Just checking out a couple of options and then will probably pull the trigger on it.

I am guessing that Roketa is the brand sold by Powersportsmax?

katoranger
07-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Roketa is one brand I think they sell.

Allen

waldersha
07-30-2008, 09:13 AM
http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/products_id/866

This is the one I am looking at. Roketa? Something else? Thanks for all the help. You guys are great!

IronFist
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
The pleasure is ours. :D