hoggin84
08-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Ordered a 2008 AL 200GY-5 from Doug at ATVD:

Date ordered: July 21 2008
Date received: July 24 2008
Applied for Mso on: July 24 2008
Recieved Mso on : July 29 2008

Price: $1499

heard many bad things about this company (after i orderd the bike), so I must admit i was pretty scared, but I decided to roll with it and it turned out good!!!! Maybe I got lucky or maybe they are turning things around up at ATVD......Everything was fixed and in place assembly went great no broke parts....what more could i ask for....Im in the military and wanted cheap transportation with great gas mileage and this was it!!!!! Bike runs great

culcune
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Was it an actual GY-5 or GY-2 (that was where they messed up with one guy--he ordered a GY-5 and got a GY-2, that couldn't be registered in his state)?

mrhyak
08-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Was it an actual GY-5 or GY-2 (that was where they messed up with one guy--he ordered a GY-5 and got a GY-2, that couldn't be registered in his state)?

Yea, but that moron who got the GY2 caused most of his own problems. His case is not a very good example since he did nothing to assist when ATVD tried to pick up the GY2 so they could send him the proper bike and ended up with a mess, self-inflicted.

maf119l
08-04-2008, 02:02 AM
He did not help his situation by the way he handled it(no doubt about that),but it would not have been a poblem to start with if they had not sent a bike that was not intended to be sold online or for hiway use,then they sent a bogus MSO to boot.They may be getting thier act together now,but they have screwed a lot of people in the past.I hope they really have straightened out because bad dealers hurt the whole china bike industry.

hoggin84
08-04-2008, 04:58 AM
YEA I KNOW....BUT THIS IS AN ACTUAL GY-5 IT LOOKS JUST LIKE THE ONES BRIAN SALES @MOTOXTREME.NET....WANTED TO BUY FROM HIM BUT HE WAS OUT......MINE IS RED AND BLACK......WHAT A RELIEF WHEN I OPENED IN AT THE SHIPPING DOCK....WHEWWW!!!!!

IronFist
08-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Right on :D

culcune
08-04-2008, 11:52 PM
It's good to hear that it worked out for you.

AZ200cc
08-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Maybe they got enough bad press and are trying to turn it around..Congrats.

hoggin84
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Went today to the Florida Tag & Title Department.....Paid my $80 worth of taxes....and WALAH!!!!! Took her for a ride along the Santa Rosa county beach....I am truly supprised everything went the way it did....all of ATVDs` Bad press scared the SHAT!!! outta me .....I was in line today trying to figure out what my next move is gonna be when SHAT hits the FAN!!!!! But I left with the biggest cheeze on my face......

Thanks for all the posts..... I really like chinariders lots of friendly people on here!!!

HOGGIN

MaxFubar
09-06-2008, 07:30 PM
This makes me happy, especially since we have an outlet here in Dallas. I'll actually get to go inspect my bike before I buy hopefully.

hondax
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
My experience has been great also, but that is because nothing has broken on my bike. I knew that when I bought the motorcycle from them, I was on my own. I know that ATVD's 1 year engine warranty dont mean jack. I received my bike in threes weeks. Great price for the bike though.

tigertamer
09-10-2008, 04:16 AM
VOILÀ :!: :!: :!:

:wink:
Tigertamer

DDG1976
09-10-2008, 04:36 AM
I went through hell with ATVD, from march thru the middle of july all I could do is look at my shiny new motorcycle because the DA's couldn't get the correct mso to me.

hondax
09-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Thats why I buy big ticket items with my credit cards. If something does not go right, the company deals with the charge back with the credit card company. Sorry to hear about your situation. You would think they could make you a new MSO quickly. I work at a dealership and we would be able to make a duplicate title with ease.

IronFist
09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Right on Hondax about the credit card. It's too bad that so many people don't. That's what happens when people find out about ChinaRiders, after they purchase their bikes.

hoggin84
"But I left with the biggest cheeze on my face...... " I understand that!

Getting my plate was a bigger deal for me than getting my bike, or passing the test for my licence. 8O

Alaskan-Dad
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
I bought 3 lf gy-5's from atv discounter, sweet bikes and no problems getting them to me.
I have not had any warranty issues so I can not comment on that end.
At this point I can say I would not hesitate to deal with them again.
Being in Alaska the MSO's got here before the bikes!