PDA

View Full Version : new member from VA

cycleway4
02-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi......I am new to this message board,..looking forward to the information on it. I recently [last week] received my new Roketa DB-07A/RSX-200E from XXX-Motorsports in California,....got it put together,..insured and titled,........now waiting for nice weather.

I am not new to motorcycling, my experience going back to 1968. I have had several bikes of all types over the years,...my last one being a PC800. I decided I wanted to try another enduro again,.....and the Chinese enduros caught my interest. I was a part of the Japanese bike invasion of the 60's.....maybe I can see the same thing happen with Chinese bikes. Other previously owned enduros were a Yamaha 125 AT-2.....Yamaha 175 CT-1,.......and Can-Am 175.

My first bike was a 1965 Suzuki 80cc Hillbilly,....and in the early seventies worked several years at a bike shop assembling bikes, and doing service work. I still work on bikes on the side [part time], while working full time at a Honda new car dealership.

Steve

ACD
02-09-2007, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the group! Your story follows the pattern of a lot of members here. I'm sure you will love your new Roketa. And I agree I wish it would warm up!!

Aaron

mdsuave13
02-11-2007, 11:07 AM
i think the china bike movement is getting a lot of momentum.... i remember when i saw them for the first time, they were literally laughed at where we rode our dirtbikes. Now it seems they are incorporating modern technology into them and making a much more decent product.

I hope to see these things take off, they are really sweet little bikes!

ambassador
02-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Welcome, you'll find alot of information on your new bike here in these forums, without being judged like some of the other ones out there(TT).
Alot of us here are riders that don't want to or cannot afford to go and spend a couple grand on a new bike and this is the perfect option to get into D/S. I think we will see alot more of these bikes out there, I know I like mine...

mdsuave13
02-11-2007, 01:10 PM
i like going to the close minded boards and stirring up crap because they all cant be open to new ideas or different things.. hey im white, but i like asian chicks.. so what? i like being different! haha...

tt.com is a funny place to read what some of those delusional people think...

cycleway4
02-11-2007, 01:25 PM
thanks for all the "warm welcomes".........

now we just need some "warm weather"...........

I'm looking forward to start riding the bike,...and getting to know it and this market of bikes better,...........and plan on using some of my 46 years plus of experience in the cycle retail & repair business to maybe find ways to improve the bikes [if necessary..!]...........

Steve
2006 Roketa DB-07A

ejcycles
02-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Hi cycleway4/Steve
Welcome to ChinaRiders!! This is one of the best forums that I have seen for information on just about anything. A little pun sometimes but we live with it! :D I agree we could use some warm weather but here in Ohio I'm glad it's finally cold instead of all the rain we received! Have fun here!!

Bruce

RPM
02-12-2007, 04:37 PM
Welcome in, Steve!

It's great to see experience making it's way to the Chinese sport industry. You have a few years on me as I have been riding since '74. We need the experience here and don't hesitate to answer or ask. We are all here to promote the riding experience and now that it is affordable as well, it makes this board grow everyday. Nice weather is just around the corner.

Tom

liverchip
02-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Welcome to the forum! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up!

mdsuave13
02-13-2007, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forum! Ride safe and keep the shiny side up!

i hear that's overrated ;-)