PDA

View Full Version : new ways from american lifan

phil
08-29-2008, 11:23 PM
this is only my second post but i need somewhere to vent and thought this may intrest some of you please excuse anything i need excused
and now the rest of the story....... i am a dealer for a.l. a scooter i sold returned after i sold it 20 days before(i register the warranty online at the time of sell). i checked everything i could and thought it had a carb problem but couldnt see anything, called lifan got a second opnion and agreed new carb and sent the papers needed by fax..... two weeks later no parts but a irate owner threating who wanted lifans # so i gave it to him, i dont know what was said personaly so i wont go there. then after calling and callingwith no luck on talking to anybody :evil: i called on a cell phone and they picked up on first ring. :evil: :evil: they told me that the scooter was not under warranty and was sold at another dealership. i checked my numbers the parts order, mso and the bike even the box it was shipped in all the same then the "tech" guy told me to use the numbers from another bike since the computer had made a mistake 8O at any rate i did it (i really didnt like it,seems a lot like a lie even if instructed) two more weeks no parts i think my next step is the state board who will be informed monday they (al) were good when i started but now :( my big question is since they are the ONLY ONES who follow the goverment regulations would they know they shipped me the bike, i may need to restate i was a american lifan dealer but that may change after they see this :wink:

TeamCheap
08-30-2008, 12:01 AM
Well thats sorry to hear.I hope for you and your customers sake you can get it worked out somehow but it sounds bad.

Maybe someone should drive over to A.L's office's and open a window or door as it really REALLY appears that they have run short of oxygen in the head offfice which is causing they're brains to malfunction a bit.
(or if you got a roll of duct tape .........seal it up tight)

IronFist
08-30-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi Phil:
Could I get you to update your signature to reflect that you are a dealer. (Providing you're in business :D ) Thanks.

Az4x4Taco
08-30-2008, 04:14 PM
It looks, Phil, as if you're another in an ever increasing lineup of American Lifan dealers and customers who are finding it impossible to carry on normal business relations with the AL Dallas office. And to top all that off, as of this morning the American Lifan website at http://www.americanlifan.com/ is also down.

Not only is American Lifan failing to respond to phone calls (which is understandable since they have nothing in the warehouse to ship in the way of parts or product), but the skeleton crew that's still there appears to be basically clueless when it comes to dealing with the crisis that AL and the entire China bike industry is going through.

For what it may be worth the following link is to one of the most detailed discussion threads I've yet seen in respect to the state of affairs that the China bike industry world wide finds itself in: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380

Hope everything works out for you Phil, but at that same time I don't think you'd be smart to place much confidance in American Lifan or any other China bike line right at the moment.

phil
08-30-2008, 07:35 PM
hopefully this fixes the signature, sorry ironfist i didnt click enough. :oops:
i dont rely on chinese motorcycles to eat, truth is i am a car shop that added on motorcycles,atvs, and scooters because i like them and they are fun im still working on them making a profit :lol:

tigertamer
08-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks, Phil

Tigertamer

winwun
08-31-2008, 07:56 AM
I tried to do business through AL, but quickly got frustrated for a number of reasons and wound up buying my bike from a west coast importer and so far, am happy with the deal.

After reading a lot of posts concerning AL and their practices, I have reached the opinion that they tried through PR, instead of customer service, to establish their position as the primary Lifan source, and as has been said, BS talks and action walks, and it didn't take long for people to realize that AL's promises were more style than substance.

I think they closed down their forum 'cause they were embarrased to be taking so much flak on their own site . . .

Az4x4Taco
08-31-2008, 10:49 AM
I tried to do business through AL, but quickly got frustrated for a number of reasons and wound up buying my bike from a west coast importer and so far, am happy with the deal..

Just wondering if you've had to ask your west coast Lifan importer for parts or warranty service so far, and if so how did that work out?

After reading a lot of posts concerning AL and their practices, I have reached the opinion that they tried through PR, instead of customer service, to establish their position as the primary Lifan source..

Actually American Lifan is/was a wholly owned subsidiary of China Lifan, and as the discussion thread at http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380 so clearly demonstrates, a major problem Chinese corporations have is not understanding what it takes to promote and market their products here in the States as well as in other western countries. Mainly Chinese bike manufacturers are about pushing product by the container load, and servicing what they sell doesn't register with them in the same way it does for example with Japanese or European motorcycle companies.

..as has been said, BS talks and action walks, and it didn't take long for people to realize that AL's promises were more style than substance.

And this is not just a problem with American Lifan, but with essentially all the present crop of Chinese motorcycle exporters. Once again, the discussion thread at http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380 illustrates these problems in a clear and concise manner, and is well worth the read time.

..I think they closed down their forum 'cause they were embarrassed to be taking so much flak on their own site . . .

100% in agreement. American Lifan simply has no real capacity for dealing with issues that resonate with US consumers, and their forum was quickly becoming a major embarrassment for that very reason.

phil
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
im glad to see winwun is happy with his deal as i am the one who sent him there 8O i couldnt sell something they (a.l.) didnt have and the big problem is how could i sell him something that didnt have any support or parts and now i have to worry about some of the bikes i have sold and my personal bikes i have found there is a diffrence in parts, and i would love if somebody could tell me where to get cdi boxes etc. and yes they look the same but if you try one youll let the smoke out i think winwun will have better support with hooper at least i hope he does :lol:

tigertamer
08-31-2008, 02:03 PM
im glad to see winwun is happy with his deal as i am the one who sent him there 8O i couldnt sell something they (a.l.) didnt have and the big problem is how could i sell him something that didnt have any support or parts and now i have to worry about some of the bikes i have sold and my personal bikes i have found there is a diffrence in parts, and i would love if somebody could tell me where to get cdi boxes etc. and yes they look the same but if you try one youll let the smoke out i think winwun will have better support with hooper at least i hope he does :lol:

I've read all your posts at A.L. 8)

You did everything in you power to help your customers and non customers, as well!:wink:

Maybe things will sort themselves out at A.L., in the mean time, make yourself at home, and we can try to figure out a coup d’état, to take over the Chino-American tin-horse market :idea:

A lot of tempers are flaring right now with the sluggishness and feet-dragging!

The impotant thing for you, and your good reputation is, You are still trying to make good your commitments

When the going gets tough, the tough get going!

Kudos, Phil,
Tigertamer

Az4x4Taco
08-31-2008, 02:33 PM
..how could i sell him something that didn't have any support or parts and now i have to worry about some of the bikes i have sold and my personal bikes i have found there is a diffrence in parts, and i would love if somebody could tell me where to get cdi boxes etc..

http://www.china-parts.co.uk/

Don't know if there is a similar outfit here in the States, but in the UK it looks as if this company is doing what they can to service China bike owners and riders with parts availability. Might be something to duplicate here if it's not already in place..

Update: Just noticed that this company ships not only to the UK, but also to the US, Australia, the EU and Canada. So if the worst case pops its ugly head up and a part to get a China bike running is nowhere to be found here, it wouldn't hurt to contact these guys. Who knows, they might be able to bail someone out of a real jam..

tigertamer
08-31-2008, 02:48 PM
..how could i sell him something that didn't have any support or parts and now i have to worry about some of the bikes i have sold and my personal bikes i have found there is a diffrence in parts, and i would love if somebody could tell me where to get cdi boxes etc..

Don't know if there is a similar outfit here in the States, but in the UK it looks as if this company is doing what they can to service China bike owners and riders with parts availability. Might be something to duplicate here if it's not already in place..

I just added that site to my favorites!

If they are bread-and-butter Chinese consumables, then chances are good that they will have available parts for the highest bidder...I can afford a few more peanuts if needed to keep my investment functional when the U.S. sources dry-out!

Tigertamer

Jaime
08-31-2008, 03:19 PM
This whole thread has really started to get me worried. I have always known that thier have always been issued with the Chinese Market importing into the United States especially with the issue on support and providing support for thier bike.

I did my homework and when it came time to purchase a China bike I went with what I thought at time seem like a good bike with good support, I ordered a Lifan GY-5. With all this recent thread and especially with the fact that the American Lifan website is down, and their forum being down as well. I am scared that I might never see my bike, that was ordered back in July.

I knew their was going to have to be a wait because they were out of stock back in Dallas. But what the ***k, Whats going to happen now? Does anyone know the real reason that they website is down? Whats really going on? These questions have probably been answered and I just didnt read previous replies thoroughly. I hope this all works itself out. I hope I get to see my bike.

phil
08-31-2008, 03:34 PM
i would like to think everyone for the kind words, i feel i was just doing my part. i have been trying to do some research in some of the ignition and charging specs and have noticed diffrences between lifan and other chinese brands. maybe if need be hooper can help me. and i can post my results but really am not smart enough to know how. (thats a hint for ironfist)
i have found other companies that are doing a good job for now how soon that changes is anybodys guess heck, even roketa has improved :lol:
i also wonder when the chinese companies will learn that it is all up to the distributor to make there brand strong they pick the dealers, they stock the parts and make all the decisions. i just wish they would pick somebody who knows this to run their operations.
right now from all i have seen i like apollo altough they are quickly adding what i think are too many choices, and i know not many of you have looked at them but the zongshen seems to be a better machine than what lifan offered and have been doing a fair job so far.

winwun
08-31-2008, 04:43 PM
az4, I have had to call Hooper a couple of times for help when I perceived a problem with my machine, and both times he quickly talked me through the problem.

Both times were when the instruction book was at odds with the way the machine was built, the chinese seeming to think an accurate instruction book is unnecessary.

I am learning that, to get along with chinese stuff, one needs to "think outside (WAY outside) the box" when trying to interpret their manuals and mind-set.

Should it become necessary to gets parts/labor, I have no idea how that will play out, but so far, I have noticed that the Trailrider is a pure clone of the old Honda machines, and I have a bunch of parts and part bikes dating way back.

FWIW, I ride a 650 Rincon, and have experienced some pretty significant problems, even with the reputation Honda has in this country, so as with autos, TVs, mowers, and practically every consumable item anymore, my west coast Lifan is probably no more of a crap shoot than a lot of things.

warrior91
09-01-2008, 12:19 AM
My thoughts keep going back to "shady online seller" threads and how you were stupid to think an online seller could provide better service than the brick and mortar stores...American Lifan is the biggest b&m network in the States :roll: and my sketchy online guy still sells parts, $hitty website and all :wink:
GO GRAY MARKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!:

SHH it is so quiet you can hear a rice bowl shatter.

mrhyak
09-01-2008, 12:30 AM
If American Lifan is out of stock, how has the local AL dealer near my house been getting new bikes in this past month? He has all the common street legal bikes from the GY-5, Street bike and Honda Trail 70 clone and even some scooters....??

This guy leaves his AL bikes out in the rain all day, for weeks in his car lot. So not only does he charge $2,200 for a GY5 but they are all pre-weathered for the new owner.

Az4x4Taco
09-01-2008, 10:36 AM
If American Lifan is out of stock, how has the local AL dealer near my house been getting new bikes in this past month?..

If he's getting new Lifan's he's not getting them from American Lifan in Dallas. AL is completely out of bikes and spare parts, and probably won't have anything available for some time to come at best.

..not only does he charge $2,200 for a GY5 but they are all pre-weathered for the new owner.

He knows the likes and dislikes of his customers!

TeamCheap
09-01-2008, 11:13 AM
That quake they just had AGAIN isnt going to help either.(like saturday)

Az4x4Taco
09-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Not sure exactly what it means, but for whatever it's worth the American Lifan web site at http://www.americanlifan.com/ is back up again. Could be good news for AL dealers and customers, but time alone will tell..

tigertamer
09-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Not sure exactly what it means, but for whatever it's worth the American Lifan web site at http://www.americanlifan.com/ is back up again. Could be good news for AL dealers and customers, but time alone will tell..

They must have jumped through some hoops to get back on a holiday!..Glad to hear that they are back.

What's with their NEW! customer forum?

Thanks,
Tigertamer

TeamCheap
09-01-2008, 06:50 PM
They must have jumped through some hoops to get back on a holiday!..Glad to hear that they are back.

No hoop jumping for AL they just broke a few rice bowls and threatened to break more if it wasnt back up ASAP.

IronFist
09-01-2008, 06:56 PM
hopefully this fixes the signature, sorry ironfist i didnt click enough. :oops:
i dont rely on chinese motorcycles to eat, truth is i am a car shop that added on motorcycles,atvs, and scooters because i like them and they are fun im still working on them making a profit :lol:

Phil this is the first time I've been able to respond, I'm sorry, I've been spending most of my time sweeping up the forum.

Thank-you sir, your signature looks great. :D You get a +1 kharma score. :lol:

I'm very concerned with your situation and how what's happening in the industry is affecting the whole china bike sport. No matter what happens, please keep us updated with what you know. Thanks again for updating your signature so quickly.

phil
09-01-2008, 09:29 PM
so far the answer is :
And Mr. Hall..... It looks like your franchise is up for renewal and you have not ordered vehicles in more than 8 months. We send you at least 2 customers a week.... whose products are they really buying? In the morning I will be sending you a new franchise contract outlining your new territory.

my response was more than irate i may post it but i want to see what happens

mrhyak
09-01-2008, 11:40 PM
If he's getting new Lifan's he's not getting them from American Lifan in Dallas. AL is completely out of bikes and spare parts, and probably won't have anything available for some time to come at best.

His bikes are American Lifan and they were delivered to his dealership in mid July through mid August. AL is the only Lifan dealer that offers the orange GY-5 bikes (which is what I see) and he has a big "Genuine American Lifan Dealer" banner outside his car lot shack.

http://www.davesdealsonwheels.com/ScootersMotorcycles.html

americanlifan
09-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Just to follow up with this issue...

Mr. Phillip Hall did not but a VIN number on his initial parts order from. When he attempted to correct his issue is was ordering a part for a 50cc scooter but put a VIN# for a 150T-6 model.

He was told to use "VIN from another bike" because he would have recieved the wrong part otherwise.

Mr. Hall is one of the only dealer that finds it difficult to write down a few numbers on a parts order form... Who knows... maybe this is why his parts did not come through?

Thanks,

Shawn

phil
09-02-2008, 10:40 AM
hey, thats a new story i havent heard , but i still have the copies of the mso, parts order, and the bill of sale one thing is sure the truth will stand when the worlds on fire.

phil
09-02-2008, 10:42 AM
i forgot to mention that they have yanked me as a dealer, good warranty policy :lol:

americanlifan
09-02-2008, 12:37 PM
Phil... Our Franchise agreements are to be renewed once a year... When was the last time you renewed? This is not a Warranty policy.

You can still get the parts you need for your vehicles, just fill the part order forms out correctly and they will be sent out to you.

Thanks,

Shawn

VinceDrake
09-02-2008, 10:39 PM
hey, thats a new story i havent heard , but i still have the copies of the mso, parts order, and the bill of sale one thing is sure the truth will stand when the worlds on fire.

Mr. Phil:

No chance you'd be willing to post the MSO and Parts Order, maybe with the last 6 digits of the serial number missing, or something like? My curiosity is running wild here...

I wonder is CoasttoCoast (The Official Canadian Lifan distributor!) would be willing to ship Lifan stuff South of the border?

--Vince

phil
09-02-2008, 11:08 PM
:!: to vincedrake: i not ready to yet, i think my point has been made my business isnt hidden phone is listed maybe even through lifans website and my website if you have doubts call me :lol:
:!: to shawn: all i ask or have ever asked for is to take care of my customers with their warranty claims dont worry i wont even bother with the labor.
p.s. i will do my best to get my american lifan banner off my website as soon as i can

winwun
09-03-2008, 09:02 AM
I think it is sad that a person such as Phil who has demonstrated a willingness to help even when he isn't making any money is treated in such a manner.

Lifan has a few things to learn about the American market and the American consumer, and apparently has MORE than a few things to learn about acceptable business practices and ethics . . .

Just my opinion and my 2 cents worth . . .

frostbite
09-03-2008, 09:23 AM
If this was simply a single complaint from a lone dealer I could right it off as a disgruntled vendor. Unfortunately it seems to be a recurring theme with respect to American Lifan as of late.

It's really very simple. Take care of your dealers and they'll take care of you. If parts/bikes are unavailable be open about it with your distribution network.

americanlifan
09-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Frostbyte.... how is a "vendor" supposed to know what part a dealer needs if they are filling out their orders incorrectly?

Phil... Even though you will not be buying bike from us anymore we still need to correct your issues. Email me what you sent to the parts department and Ill see what I can sift through. [ shawn@americanlifan.com ]

phil
09-05-2008, 10:59 PM
well heres the update i contacted shawn sent him the papers and the numbers were right and acceptable this time. david called me and reminded me how he told to to send the old one back before he could send a replacement. :roll: frank called today (from what i could tell was unaware of my arguement) and he said he was sending parts. i didnt bother to tell shawn that i sent (faxed)the same paper as i did the first time (the very same not even a copy) untill later. i dont remember david this time or ever asking for parts back but i sent them, and frank has never called but maybe its all my falt, maybe now they have gremlins in the warehouse :wink:
does this mean that all is good i dont know but i hope so all i can say we will see. :D
as for me i feel this was grossly mishandled and i think i am better off not selling them hopefully i can move what stock im stuck with :lol: as for the owner i got him fixed a while back and at least he was happy in case your wondering i bought the parts to fix it. now the big question will the other bikes i sold still be warrantied by american lifan? yes i know shawn/american lifan reads this now all things concidered i have been kind would they care to make a public statement here on this forum that they are willing to warranty parts for what i have sold or selling :?: maybe with conditions like no labor charges or send the old parts back???

phil
09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
well i assume from the lack of response from american lifan that they dont care about their products and last time i looked they were having more problems but i am not allowed on since ive been banned from their forum :lol: just goes to show how a fine product can be poorly managed and quite possible cause the demise of the company at least in this country i have a hard time beleiving that others will tolerate this type of behavior. maybe some of the people from this forum should poise the question to them on their forum :twisted:

TeamCheap
09-24-2008, 06:54 PM
well i assume from the lack of response from american lifan that they dont care about their products and last time i looked they were having more problems but i am not allowed on since ive been banned from their forum :lol: just goes to show how a fine product can be poorly managed and quite possible cause the demise of the company at least in this country i have a hard time beleiving that others will tolerate this type of behavior. maybe some of the people from this forum should poise the question to them on their forum :twisted:I could and would and should except for the FACT I couldnt care less about American Lifan and their rice bowl breaking loons...err....goons.

VinceDrake
09-24-2008, 10:14 PM
You know, that's just awesome. Just freakin' awesome.

There was a time, not too long ago, when a distributor ran out of product, due to their own incompetance, that they'd spend the next 2 years sucking up to their dealers.

Interest-free stock loans? No problem!
Uber-Discount for pre-orders? Yes Sir!
You need Parts? Here, have a box of accessories with them!
Corporate paid advertizing? Let me call the networks for you...

A *real* distributor sure as theres an ass in assume, wouldn't be crapping on their dealers when they haven't even got a product to sell...

Awesome. Resale value of gy-5 just dropped another $400.

--Vince

americanlifan
09-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Phil: Lack of response was not do to us not caring about our products. We honestly don't have time to browse forums all day long. You were never banned from the forum... Is your carb problem fixed now?

Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. We used to come here to help people in need that have not quite been directed to our site yet. If anyone has a problem with a Lifan product that was purchased through our dealer network I would be glad to help. Email me: Shawn@americanlifan.com

Thanks,

Shawn

IronFist
09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
Phil: Lack of response was not do to us not caring about our products. We honestly don't have time to browse forums all day long. You were never banned from the forum... Is your carb problem fixed now?

Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. We used to come here to help people in need that have not quite been directed to our site yet. If anyone has a problem with a Lifan product that was purchased through our dealer network I would be glad to help. Email me: Shawn@americanlifan.com

Thanks,

Shawn

Negitivity?
I for one have tried to see both sides of your issue.
From what I've been able to decipher, you hung your dealers out to dry, now you want to make money off of your ex-dealer's customer base. I'm sure you won't see it that way Shawn. After all, we're just the people buying and selling your product, and filling your pockets. This is just my opinion Shawn, not negitive, not positive. Soon to be not intrested. :wink:

americanlifan
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
Ironfist: My post was not intended to point fingers. As a whole this forum does infact have some very negative people.(not just on the topic of American Lifan) The only time I'm over here is to aide with whatever problem is at hand. I'm not sure how you think we are hanging dealers out to dry. I'm sure that even Phillip understands that even though he is not a dealer he can get the parts he needs to service his customers. Phillip is a good dealer he just does not fit our business model at this time. I do however appreciate your input.

phil
09-25-2008, 12:27 PM
anybody can look at the dates posted its not browse the forum all day you dont respond to in several weeks and you dont take action untill its public the carb problem was fixed and could you explain for everyone what the model dealer is , someone who pushes 50 bike a week with no warranty, or are you going to say i havent orderd since nov. 07 again (remember i still have the paper work) and since i havent been banned from your forum why did i get
"You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information. "
i can see nothing has changed and im glad not to be a part of it, but i also think that others should be warned your playing with peoples livelyhood
just for the record i was the biggest fan of lifan great product and i endorsed them fully it wasnt untill this warranty issue got mishandled and stories and excuses started and this was my last resort
shawn done a wonderful job to start but something has run a miss and needs to be corrected i would even concider being a dealer again but many changes would have to be made

americanlifan
09-25-2008, 12:42 PM
I surely didn't ban you but PM me you IP and I will check on it. I still don't understand why one warranty issue turned into this much of a problem. I was just thrown in the middle of it and I heard excuses of why this problem was not being handled from the part department. I did my best to get the issue handled and to the best of my knowledge it is behind us now.

SpeedSouth
09-25-2008, 03:04 PM
As a whole this forum does infact have some very negative people.

I'll take that! :)

I've been told many times in the past that I'm a negative person. Pessimistic is a word I'm very familiar with.

To the contrary, I consider myself quite the optimist...as I am absolutely certain that I can find something bad in every situation. :lol:

To the matter at hand, however, I have tried to keep my opinions to myself, for the most part. I don't really know the specifics of this situation well enough to point a finger in any direction, but I can say, without reservation, that this does not seem to be the only situation which raises cause for concern.

There was the problem Bruce had a while back (again, not pointing fingers, just referring to previous events), the whole "grey martket" fiasco, and even the "break your rice bowl" statement.

I have not had any problems with my AL GY-5, but then...I don't ride it very often. And, if I were to have a problem, I have zero confidence that I'd get help from AL, or from my "official" dealer.

Negative? Perhaps, but not without valid reason.

Alaskan-Dad
09-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Ok I'm new to Lifan bikes and to this forum so howdy. I just bought three GY-5's I hope I'm not going to be sorry ;)

Now the impression I am getting is AL is only wanting to sale parts to their own customers, is that correct?

If so I' must say that their missing the boat as there are a lot of Greys out there and that could mean more income for who ever has the best parts distribution network.

I'm sorry but a bad name for Lifan will cross the line to AL also, so sale parts and make happy Lifan/AL customers! I know it took weeks for me to get the two seperated and it's still confusing!

One last point this is the electronic era so internet sales are of great importance, so sale parts online!

I'm 600+ miles from the nearest AL or Lifan dealer so I can't just drop by!

And if the quality of the bolts being used are as bad as I have read maybe some upgrade kits are in order!

If I have interpreted the situation wrong my apologies.

Well thats my thoughts on the situation.

Alaskan-Dad

IronFist
09-25-2008, 07:42 PM
It's a longer story than I can type Alaskan-Dad, and that's just the part that we know about. I too hope you get your needed parts.
Alaskan-Dad:
"Now the impression I am getting is AL is only wanting to sale parts to their own customers, is that correct?

Technically they're customers belong to their bankrupt dealers.
Stay positive, not negitive. Rah rah.

maf119l
09-25-2008, 11:45 PM
American Lifan would not sell parts or cover warranties on Lifan bikes that were illegally imported on their E.P.A. and D.O.T.certifications.This was a problem created by China Lifan selling these bikes to anyone with the money.American Lifan agreed to let their dealers sell parts for these bikes once they got this supply and inventory stopped.American Lifan is the only one with the legal right to sell the Lifan branded bikes in the U.S.The controversy with Hooper Imports had more to do with using the Lifan brand name.A deal was worked out to where Hooper's can continue selling the Lifan bikes,but under a different brand.He is using the Skygo name.If you get a Skygo you are getting the same bike,just under an approved rebrand.

VinceDrake
09-26-2008, 01:15 AM
We used to come here to help people in need that have not quite been directed to our site yet.

Would you care to point me to the thread where you *helped* anyone, in any of your 29 posts?

I am more than willing to retract any and all previous statements if proven incorrect.

--Vince

americanlifan
09-26-2008, 10:21 AM
VinceDrake: Like I previously stated... I haven't been on the forum to help in quite awhile and the moderators have pruned the old posts. I help many others via PM and direct emails to me. If you need help email me @ shawn@americanlifan.com

IronFist
09-26-2008, 12:23 PM
VinceDrake: Like I previously stated... I haven't been on the forum to help in quite awhile and the moderators have pruned the old posts. I help many others via PM and direct emails to me. If you need help email me @ shawn@americanlifan.com

I have pruned nothing by shawn or AL, ever. It's not the kinda thing we'd delete, ever.

I can verify that all 30 of your posts shawn are on the site, and all are active topics. It would take me a while but I can cut and paste them all here for you, if you wish. Anything to help. Have a great day. :D

TeamCheap
09-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Ok I'm new to Lifan bikes and to this forum so howdy. I just bought three GY-5's I hope I'm not going to be sorry ;)

Now the impression I am getting is AL is only wanting to sale parts to their own customers, is that correct?

If so I' must say that their missing the boat as there are a lot of Greys out there and that could mean more income for who ever has the best parts distribution network.

I'm sorry but a bad name for Lifan will cross the line to AL also, so sale parts and make happy Lifan/AL customers! I know it took weeks for me to get the two seperated and it's still confusing!

One last point this is the electronic era so internet sales are of great importance, so sale parts online!

I'm 600+ miles from the nearest AL or Lifan dealer so I can't just drop by!

And if the quality of the bolts being used are as bad as I have read maybe some upgrade kits are in order!

If I have interpreted the situation wrong my apologies.

Well thats my thoughts on the situation.

Alaskan-DadYou shouldnt be to sorry if you prep and swap out the weak defective problematic bolts that make these bikes deadly.
After you get it RIGHT these are ok bikes and wont give you much trouble from there on.

As far as american lifan wanting to sell parts I have yet to see that but then I also dont care anymore either.American lifan has a very VERY rigid business plan and they are going to stick to it no matter what the customers want. :lol:

The funny thing is our two bikes are considered "grey market bikes" yet right on the damn things there is a sticker that has american lifan printed right on it. :roll:

So even though mine came from who knows where "I'm guessing boxed from china lifan", american lifan has nothing to do with them.(makes me happy now)

Hmmm makes me think that the whole lifan thing was a "I want my cake and it eat to" deal going on whereby china lifan was selling to whoever but using the bikes that had been cleared for sale here in north america by way of american lifan's clearance.

So then american lifan blows a gasket and wants the sale of lifan bikes stopped to all importers/dealers except american lifan.
I myself hope that is the end of LIFAN bikes here in north america (low overall sales in north america) and I am confident other lowcost bikes will still come in from various places.

china_parts_canada
10-25-2008, 03:59 PM

Update: Just noticed that this company ships not only to the UK, but also to the US, Australia, the EU and Canada. So if the worst case pops its ugly head up and a part to get a China bike running is nowhere to be found here, it wouldn't hurt to contact these guys. Who knows, they might be able to bail someone out of a real jam..

If parts is an issue for you you can get a hold of me and we can help you out. I own a China parts only company in Canada with staff in China that work exclusively for me finding parts. If that is helps I am here for you. :)

Our website is under development but I have been selling China parts for about 3 years now and do sell all over North America.

www.chinapartscanada.com

Cheers,

Art

phil
10-25-2008, 06:26 PM
at the time my problem was lifan's "stories" and they changed a lot but basicly they didnt want to warranty what they should have on the bright siide i think im almost through with them i still have 3 units i need to move out at cost.
anyhow i called them to get parts :? and i guess i need help with parts too, they were willing warranty but it wasnt under warranty and they didnt have or know they had a parts listing or the parts i needed (it was a bearing and seal and i had the measurements) do you have a dealer program :lol:

DDG1976
10-25-2008, 08:49 PM
When it takes 9 or 10 months to get parts and lifan only gives a 6 month warranty what are you supposed to do? I bought my bike(LF200GY-5) from ATVDISCOUNTERS and had a bad experience there, when I found Lifans forum they treated me like shit because I had bought a grey market bike. They sell parts to people who bought a bike through "them" at half price. When I go to Autozone for parts for my car they don't ask me where I bought it. I love my chinese built Lifan motorcycle, but I hope American Lifan with all of thier BS drives themselves into the ground. Which shouldn't take long as thier dealers are running away as fast as they can.

china_parts_canada
10-25-2008, 10:28 PM
at the time my problem was lifan's "stories" and they changed a lot but basicly they didnt want to warranty what they should have on the bright siide i think im almost through with them i still have 3 units i need to move out at cost.
anyhow i called them to get parts :? and i guess i need help with parts too, they were willing warranty but it wasnt under warranty and they didnt have or know they had a parts listing or the parts i needed (it was a bearing and seal and i had the measurements) do you have a dealer program :lol:

Hi,

It does sound like you really are a dealer so yes I do sell to dealers at a better price and do help you with getting the on hand stock you need as well as any specialty or should I say especially difficult parts to find. If I have to air-ship parts for you from China so that you have it in a timely manner the profit pretty much disappears for both of us but keeping your customer happy will be both your and our main goal.

As far as a price list I do not have a decent one ready as of yet because I am going through all of our parts that we have on hand and adding them to our web site for retail customers and working on wholesale prices for dealers such as you. I am in this to make a living but I don't plan on doing that by overcharging but by selling lots of parts at fair prices. I do have one dealer that you can call if you would like a reference. It is a retailer that is in the greater Vancouver area.

Cheers,

Art

Thanks,

Art

china_parts_canada
10-25-2008, 10:35 PM
When it takes 9 or 10 months to get parts and lifan only gives a 6 month warranty what are you supposed to do? I bought my bike(LF200GY-5) from ATVDISCOUNTERS and had a bad experience there, when I found Lifans forum they treated me like sh-- because I had bought a grey market bike. They sell parts to people who bought a bike through "them" at half price. When I go to Autozone for parts for my car they don't ask me where I bought it. I love my chinese built Lifan motorcycle, but I hope American Lifan with all of thier BS drives themselves into the ground. Which shouldn't take long as thier dealers are running away as fast as they can.

Well if I can help just let me know. I am not connected to any particular manufacturer but I do buy Lifan parts directly from Lifan in China when I need specific ones that only they have and the same with most other large builders in China. Having full time staff there that cares makes my job so much easier than it is for others.

Art

Alaskan-Dad
10-26-2008, 12:35 AM
china_parts_canada- Art,

Very good news indeed, your post made me a happy camper.
I don't need parts yet but having 3 GY-5's I am sure I will!

dsrt4
01-27-2009, 01:29 PM

Thanks,

Shawn

Sorry for bumping this old post.

But In Light of the major Crap storm that is going on right now with my American Lifan Bike I Figured I ought to be able to get away with the bump.

I just Wanted that qoute back up there.

IronFist
01-27-2009, 02:00 PM
dstr4: Good bump. :wink:

"Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. " Shawn.

I'm still trying to stay positive Shawn. :oops:
You gotta admit, you guys make it hard to stay positive, this long, after so many people have said the same thing.

phil
01-27-2009, 06:35 PM
i like the jump i hated to see it forgotten but i hold a grudge,,FOREVER i wonder if the forum should have a new listing in the index for al problems that way shawn wouldnt have to wait untill so many people read about the problems and maybe give him more time to put together the stories (in case anyone hasnt noticed they are getting weak)

DDG1976
01-28-2009, 04:28 AM
He said (Shawn) on the AL forum that none of this is AL's fault. What nobody knows is AL was Oliver Norths advisor during the Iran Contra Affairs. LOL.