PDA

View Full Version : Sunl sla 275 cooling problem

ww1putt
09-09-2008, 07:57 AM
We'll try this again. Somehow my original post was deleted. I have a Sunl SLA 265. the motor is a 250cc water cooled 4 stroke. The problem is the water is not circulating. Does anyone have experience with this situation? Where shoul I be looking? Thermostat, water pump, thermocoupler etc?? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Cal25
09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Look for air in the system maybe.

warrior91
09-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Water pump impellers fell off or drive spinning freely inside impeller...
Typical Problem with china watercooled.

VinceDrake
09-12-2008, 11:36 PM
x2 what the Warrior said. Crapply plastic impellers. Crack and break often, and then no pumping. Remove Therm and start engine. Should *shoot* water out. (Think garden hose, full-bore) If no flow, renew pump.

Side Note: If you have a '96 to 2002 Volkswagen TDI, you have the same problem coming... China hasn't got the corner of the market on crappy water pumps :D

--Vince

katoranger
09-12-2008, 11:40 PM
I replaced a water pump on an F150. The impeller fell off. The MIC replacement pump was actually better built. The previous MIC part was a piece of tin for an impeller.

Allen.

VinceDrake
09-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Yurp. Acts just like a head gasket when it happens too! :D

If it makes you feel any better, The "Made In Italy" and "Made in Germany" units are just as bad.

My 2IC Is German, and I called him on it the other day, after pulling *another* Boned TDI Water pump, with "Made In Germany, VW Audi, GmbH" stamped into it. He said, "Must be a lot of Chinese poeple in Germany these days..."

Just like a German not to take responsibility... :D
--Vince