09-13-2008, 03:49 PM
I found this floating around the net, and thought it might benefit someone

http://www.mfcd.com/FTP/Owners_manuals/2004/OWNERS_MANUAL_ATV_XY250ST-4.pdf

Thanks,
Tigertamer

VinceDrake
09-13-2008, 10:13 PM
I do! I ride one of those!

Or more specifically, I ride a ZMC 250UU, the MFC's uglier brother. The only difference between the ZMC machine and the MFC machine, is the ZMC has a solid rear axle, a Pipe with a sprocket on it. Reverse gear is moved into the engine, where first should be. (Makes for some real fun after I've been riding the bikes for a while, adn vise versa.)

Same Owners manual as the ZMC machine ironically, you kind of get to guess about the reverse gear thing... Not so Kewl... :D

All in all though, the machine has taken some hard-core punishment, and never stranded me yet. I expect I've got about 300 plus hours on it. Motor Runs better than ever....

--Vince

tigertamer
09-14-2008, 03:51 AM
The electrical diagram caught my eye.

The "black box" reverse controller is bigger than the Delphi ECM on my Sportster 8O

enjoy,
Tigertamer

VinceDrake
09-14-2008, 01:37 PM
Yup, Yup, it is. Like, I said, mine is an older ZMC machine, www.zmccanada.com, but they're the same thing, with minor changes. All in all, I've been really happy with the machine. It's taken a bunch of fiddling, but mainly because I bag the crapinski out of it. 10 Miles, on Gravel, WFO, 70 km/h, rinse and repeat.

When it comes right down to it, it's actually made me money! When I first got it, I parked it out front of the shop, for a couple of days, after I set it up, and we got a pile of people with other china-builts in looking for service! Also, I've gone out with it a couple times to recover broken down machines, that broke in places a 4x4 would never go! (Fun way to spend a Saturday, I think!

Nice and Primitive though, and easy to bodge a fix, when it breaks.

Although sadly, neither ZMC or MFC is going to exist for very long, I figure. Parts support for either make is crap, and expensive. Sadly, and ona dealship level, both of them want their dealers to pay $1300+ship for the 250, and try to sell it for $2400+PDI. Well, everyone has an internet connection these days, and can buy their own for $1100 Shipped, Ala Ebay.

That's my take on them anydangways :) If I remember right, the Manufacturer name is "Wuxan Vehicle Company" or something like, but I'll have to go scrape the mud off the Number plate to be sure... :D

--Vince

tigertamer
09-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I heard of a Chinese dump-truck, but a Chinese tow-truck :?: 8O

If I ever get one, it would be for winter operations, plowing, salting, unsticking, etc. Plenty of opportunities for foul-weather junkies to make a few enjoyable bucks in the off-season!

My G-Y is a greased piggy on the black ice :twisted: but I like it. A four-wheeler would make me a snow monster. I've had my Tracker at about every angle you can imagine, and that was with up-to 4 passengers on two wheels. The biggest thrill there is...(sorry)...you have other Souls On Board to care for in your follies!

All by myself, I tend to be more cautious, not because of my consenting passenger, but because of the extra baggage weighing me down.

I've never really considered an ATV until I started poking around in the ATV forum. Although I am not the expert, I am the NOOB...AND I LIKE IT 8O

Please don't make my trade the Sportster :cry:
Tigertamer