PDA

View Full Version : Fast ride

AZ200cc
09-19-2008, 06:36 PM
I got to ride a cbr 600 last night and I think I am in love, That was a lot of fun...Hard to get used to the foot position but man they are quick.

tigertamer
09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
I usually "stretch-out" on the Sportster Custom...It has the forward foot controls :D

Them extra horsies feel pretty darn good, yes?

Be safe,
Tigertamer

Dragon
09-19-2008, 08:40 PM
It's gonna kill ya!

AZ200cc
09-19-2008, 09:13 PM
YES the horsies felt great after I got over the jitters, Never been on a street bike before...Always rode dirt or enduro's. It won't kil me I don't own it :lol:

I'll find out tonight if I get a 2001 Suzuki dr200 for 1200 bucks..Wish me luck.

DDG1976
09-20-2008, 12:14 AM
I rode a friends Ninja 250, this would be a great "Starter streetbike" for anybody. Not over powerful, but it would still do freeway speeds with very little effort.

AZ200cc
09-22-2008, 03:46 PM
My buddy has two cbr's he says he'll take me out anytime so I can learn.
I'm still a D/S guy so I doubt I'll go out and buy one yet but they sure are fun.

SpeedSouth
09-22-2008, 10:36 PM
I rode a friends Ninja 250, this would be a great "Starter streetbike" for anybody. Not over powerful, but it would still do freeway speeds with very little effort.

Not to mention the fun in turns! 8)

The CBR's are nice. I have a neighbor with a new 1000. I'd consider the 600 at some point, but I don't think a liter is in my future.

My latest itch is the KLE500. I need an importer! 8O
Maybe an importer/exporter....like Art Vandelay :lol:

IronFist
09-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I went for a short ride with a buddy on Sunday, he had a Ducati 750. We went increasingly faster from light to light. I've now seen real wheelies, through the gears wheelies. He used to race cb350's for years. I think if I had a faster bike like a 500 or 600, I would have kept up a little better, but he was going faster than I care to go. Like a tachometer, I have a red line that I don't cross, I call it the stupid line. When he gets his 350 cafe racer on the road, I'll go touring with him, but not when he's on the ducati. I think that if I wanted to get into racing souped up 350's he'd support me. He's got his own race bikes, but also has parts for a dozen more race bikes. 2 things stop me from going fast, tickets and bad car drivers. I'd really like to see what I could do on a track, and that's in the works for next year, but with my own stock bike. Till then, I plan to ride as safe as I'm able. I don't think I need 300 more cc's, but a 6th gear would be nice. :D

DDG1976
09-23-2008, 04:36 AM

Not to mention the fun in turns! 8)

The CBR's are nice. I have a neighbor with a new 1000. I'd consider the 600 at some point, but I don't think a liter is in my future.

My latest itch is the KLE500. I need an importer! 8O
Maybe an importer/exporter....like Art Vandelay :lol:

I have a friend, Bob Sacamento, he could get it imported for you. LOL.

AZ200cc
09-25-2008, 09:11 PM
That power can be addictive.... :D

alonzo
09-25-2008, 10:04 PM
That power can be addictive.... :D

yes it is.

much like heroin, but no 12 step program has been implemented.

katoranger
09-25-2008, 10:15 PM
This is why I am on a 200cc bike.

Allen

IronFist
09-25-2008, 10:34 PM
325 for me :D

hondax
09-26-2008, 12:28 PM
I have a 04 cbr600rr and yes hp is addictive. Everything on the cbr also seems to be more smooth than my china cruiser. No vibrations at all even though the speedometer reads 130 mph, sometimes. :D I think modern day 600's are way too fast already. I have been on 1000's and I think they are just ridulously fast. But nothing beats sitting upright on the cruiser. Thats why I sit love my china cruiser. I think in a few years I am going to sell the cbr and get a cruiser, but not a oil leaking HD. I have been looking at Honda cruisers with VTEC, cuz VTEC is fun in cars imagine how fun they are in bikes :) I would reconmend CBR's to anyone.

frostbite
09-26-2008, 12:34 PM
I frequent a local www board that has a lot of members who ride sport bikes. I always get scared when they suggest that a 600cc is a good 'starter' bike.

I have a 04 cbr600rr and yes hp is addictive. Everything on the cbr also seems to be more smooth than my china cruiser. No vibrations at all even though the speedometer reads 130 mph, sometimes. :D I think modern day 600's are way too fast already. I have been on 1000's and I think they are just ridulously fast. But nothing beats sitting upright on the cruiser. Thats why I sit love my china cruiser. I think in a few years I am going to sell the cbr and get a cruiser, but not a oil leaking HD. I have been looking at Honda cruisers with VTEC, cuz VTEC is fun in cars imagine how fun they are in bikes :) I would reconmend CBR's to anyone.

SpeedSouth
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM
I frequent a local www board that has a lot of members who ride sport bikes. I always get scared when they suggest that a 600cc is a good 'starter' bike.

I agree. A 600 is NOT for the novice rider.

Here's the most persuasive article that I've found on the subject -
http://forums.sportrider.com/70/591801/new-riders/new-riders-please-read-this-updated-2-13-06/index.html

An excellent read, IMO.

AZ200cc
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM

A 600 was just fine for me, I can't imagine needing anymore juice than what that bike had 8O

I don't think I could ever go the cruiser route though....But I said that about crotch rockets before I rode one also :lol:

hondax
09-26-2008, 04:34 PM
I guess I agree with you guys but there is other 600's that are slower. For example, the Honda CBR600 f4i- its like a 600rr, less hp, carbed and you sit a little more upright. Suzuki SV650 less hp than gixxer. There is a bunch out there that are not like their racing brothers. I started on a R bike and when I look back on it, the learning curve would be better on a non-r bike. When you start on a r bike you better learn quick and with slow bikes you get time to get aqquainted with the basics and then move up.

Lil-John
10-18-2008, 09:45 AM
i have had a couple of cruisers in my younger years a kaw, and a yamaha, but never a crotch rocket, until i did some trading around this year. I had a 92 3/4 ton suburban 4x4 that i just couldn't afford to drive anymore (140 bucks to fill 'er up) i traded it for a kodiak 4x4, then when the rear end was going i traded it for a cbr 600 f3. a great bike but i just didn't weigh enough to lean the beast. I aint a novice by any means and i couldn't handle the big bike, thus i ended up dropping it and scratching the fairing, that i had to fix, and then repainted it. then i traded it for my lil chopper that is in the street forum. i love that lil thing, and the sport bike was just a step too large for me here is a pic of it after i repainted it from ugly canary yellow to fire engine red, the day i traded it.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo222/liljohnhurt/photo_6.jpg

AZ200cc
10-18-2008, 11:52 AM
i have had a couple of cruisers in my younger years a kaw, and a yamaha, but never a crotch rocket, until i did some trading around this year. I had a 92 3/4 ton suburban 4x4 that i just couldn't afford to drive anymore (140 bucks to fill 'er up) i traded it for a kodiak 4x4, then when the rear end was going i traded it for a cbr 600 f3. a great bike but i just didn't weigh enough to lean the beast. I aint a novice by any means and i couldn't handle the big bike, thus i ended up dropping it and scratching the fairing, that i had to fix, and then repainted it. then i traded it for my lil chopper that is in the street forum. i love that lil thing, and the sport bike was just a step too large for me here is a pic of it after i repainted it from ugly canary yellow to fire engine red, the day i traded it.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo222/liljohnhurt/photo_6.jpg

I weigh a buck and a half and I could toss it around pretty well. I noticed that if I sat up to high the bike was harder to lean. I think the bike weighed about 450 lbs......I hated trying to move it backwards on a slight hill when I needed to get it over a sensor to open a gate :lol:

Hard on the ol crotch though..Felt like I had rode a horse after I got off if You know what I mean 8O

tigertamer
10-18-2008, 11:59 AM
a oil leaking HD.

Not so. That's "old school" Brother...Today's Harleys are TOP NOTCH tight!

http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/2922/img2980ds4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/img2980ds4.jpg/1/w640.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img385/img2980ds4.jpg/1/)

Will the real leaker please stand up?! (looks like this guy's leaker has been laying down) :cry:

8)
Tigertamer