PDA

View Full Version : Don't Buy From AllWheelsMotorSports.ca!

Brainsquishy
09-23-2008, 09:33 PM
IN MY OPINION, These guys (All Wheels Inc.) are as close to completely incompotent as it gets. Just about every aspect of this company will result in regret for buyers. Just do a Better Business Bureau search (http://mwco.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=160&bbb=0107&firm=1134991) or ask a few members here on this forum.

Other websites they use include:
www.allwheels.ca
and
www.theoffroadsource.com

They go by a few names:
All Wheels Inc.
Allwheels Motorsports
All Wheels Racing

By any name, it would be a good idea to keep away!

SpeedSouth
09-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Any chance you could relate your personal experience with this dealer?

Something with some facts and a timeline of events would be helpful.

By no means am I supporting the dealer, but without any real information, it's difficult to just blindly accept a "don't trust these guys" statement.

The BBB link does have a small amount of information, but it looks as if the dealer tried to correct most of the issues, and again....it doesn't really provide anything specific.

Did they fail to provide basic sales service? Poor warranty service? Just plain rude? Kick your dog? Poke you in the eye with a stick? :lol:

What have they done? Or not done?

Please tell us about your experience, and don't be afraid to give as much detail as possible (without your personal information, of course).

IronFist
09-24-2008, 10:23 AM
I kinda agree. What were your experiences?

Brainsquishy
09-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Well, the reason I have chosen to make this statement is that I have recently been inform that others have had even worse relations with these guys than I have. If I had raised the alert earlier and not just sat back and shut my mouth, other honourable people would not have been hurt by the business practises of that company. For that I should say I'm sorry to those who have been burned.

When I first contacted allwheels it was because I zeroed in on their advertising of the "ULIKE 200GY", which is actually an HSUN 200GY. I called them and asked if it could be plated for the road. If it wasn't able to be plated, I wasn't interested. Jim told me that they sell them as "off road only" bikes, BUT several (6) people had already plated them here in Ontario and where riding them. He would provide a NVIS (New Vehicle Information Certificate) and the Bill of sale. I would just need to get a Safety Certificate done at any garage and go to the Licencing office and get my plates. Sounded good, so I drove to their shop and took a look.

They had one "assembled" on the floor so I examined it and said OK, I will buy. Price was $1,800.00 plus an optional $150 for an extended warranty. There is no real warranty because I never got a detailed account of what was warrantied. When I called for "Warranty" replacements for cracked plastic panels, out of round rear wheel, front fork grease leak I was told it wasn't covered or they would order it right away from China (wheel). Almost 5 months latter, no wheel.

The NIVS form and bill of sale where all wrong. Wrong make, model, year mileage.
The first "NVIS" I got was actually a Certificate of Origin with a completely different company name as the issuer, all hand written in the back room and handed to me as an official form. I was told to wait three days before I could come and get it from them as it was from the manufacturer. ( a complete load of BS) Phil wrote it up in the back when I showed up. I had even called before I arrived to ensure the right form was ready.
If you read my thread on this, you can see what happened at the licencing office. I was treated like a criminal there.
After many phone calls and email messaged to the guys at allwheels I finally got their attention after I told them that the Ministry of Transportation was red flagging them and I would need to convince them that allwheels was really OK. They jumped to get me the "right" paperwork. Sort of.
This exercise took me 2.5 hrs in their lobby while the lovely staff had the loudest screaming match I have ever heard in public. (45 minutes long on an unrelated matter)
All that time I waited. I was not going to leave without the right forms. At the end of 2.5 hrs, I showed them how to fill out the forms so everything was right. It was ridiculous!
Once I finally held their hand and did their work, I had to find a different licencing office that would even talk to me.

When I actually took the bike home that first day, I asked both Jim and Phil if the bike was safe and was there anything I should know about it. They assured me the bike was completely ready for riding in any application. I didn't need to do a thing and it was perfectly safe as is. They had done a "first rate bike prep".
This was either an outright lie, or they are just too incompetent to know they are putting peoples lives in danger so they can sell a bike. Weather it was to be ridden on the street or the trail. In fact if I had hit the trails hard that week, I would have lost half the bike. Everything fell off.
That is the part that angers me the most! :evil:
If I had known about this site (chinariders) and read all these great threads, I would have had my eyes open when I went into this adventure.
Remember, this is my first bike ever. I am sure plenty of high school kids and college students will be saving their pennies to get their first street bike. If there are dealers like this who send them out the door on a machine that will kill them, that would be negligence wouldn't it?

Th BBB shows about 15 or so complaints. I know that "most" people don't complain. The vast majority will take their knocks and chalk it up to a learning experience. I run a company that "fixes" others mistakes, every day. I know first hand how many people can be hurt by shoddy, incompetent, greedy businesses. I have a list of many many hundreds of them. Most don't complain too much and the "bad guys" keep hurting others. So the actual number of people being hurt by allwheels is sure to be significantly higher.

So, there it is. I have vented and hope I have saved some poor kids life.
Sorry to those I didn't warn earlier.

smegmike
09-28-2008, 03:32 PM
Anyone who is considering doing business with AllWheels Motorsports in Toronto would be well advised to read this post.
My chum and I were looking for a pair of China Bikes and we came across the Allwheels Motorsports web site. We contacted them by phone and because we are a 5 hour drive from Toronto we wanted the bikes shipped to us. We wanted to pay for these bikes with a credit card transaction but Jim (one of the boys at AllWheels) would only accept a bank transfer. We were reluctant but in the end we decided to go ahead with transferring the entire payment to the AllWheels business account from our bank accounts. The cost included shipping, taxes and a “better carburetor installed” on each bike and Jim told us we would have the bikes within two business days. We soon realized that transferring the cash to them was huge mistake because AllWheels did not want to send the bikes to us. Once they got our money they did not want to talk to us anymore. We began phoning them and all we got was lies from them. They kept telling us that the bikes were shipped but when we contacted the shipping companies to verify what we were told by Jim, we were informed that there was nothing in the shipper’s system for us. AllWheels went on lying to us for three weeks. Jim stopped answering the phone and would not respond to emails or voice mail. When we did get a hold of Jim he denied it was him on the phone but when we “called him out on this” and told him we knew it WAS him on the phone he got angry and got into a yelling match with us in which some not too pretty things were said. We asked for our money back and threatened legal action and after three weeks of this nonsense, the bikes finally came in but WITH NO PAPER WORK!!!
Then our struggle began to get the NVIS forms (New Vehicle Information Statement) and the Bill of Sale. Jim did not want to send the paper work to us and without that we could not register the bikes. It took an additional two weeks of us threatening them with legal action for Jim to finally send us the Bill of Sale and NVIS. When we examined the Bill of Sale we could see he screwed us again. He had added another $100 to the price of each bike and pocketed the $100 out of the amount we transferred instead of paying the Provincial Sales Tax as we had agreed. In addition to that he did not give us or install the “better carburetor” that we paid for. To make matters even worse, some of the information on the NVIS forms was not correct and that created a whole set of complications when we tried to register these bikes and to this very day we still have not resolved that with the Licensing Office.
Dealing with these guys at AllWheels was very big mistake on our part. In my learned opinion based on this experience, I suggest that it would be best to avoid these guys altogether if anyone is considering making a purchase. The BBB in the GTA does not have a good review of these guys and I regret not looking into that before hand. My advice: LEARN FROM OUR MISTAKE.

SpeedSouth
09-29-2008, 02:01 AM
First and foremost, I'm sorry to read about the problems you have both had with this dealer.

I appreciate you (both) taking the time to explain your experience in detail, as that is the best way to inform others. Anyone who reads this will know exactly what to watch for, if they do indeed decide to do business with this dealer in spite of your posts.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any meaningful help for your situation, but I will say that there's no need to regret not posting sooner, IMO. The important thing is that you have taken the time to post your experience.

Best of luck.

IronFist
09-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Hey folks, I too am from Toronto. I got my bike from Daymak.com .
I was surfing Kijiji last night and saw that they went into receivership. The auction was last night. These guys sold a LOT of dirt, pit, choppers, and electric bikes. With AllWheels Motorsports reputation and Daymak going under, the end of chinabikes in Ontario is just around the corner. That's not to say that in the future they won't be back, but I think the cowboy days are over.

I think it might take a couple years? Maybe just electric bikes? (till the elecric bike laws change again.) Maybe scooters with full support, and proper import papers? (if they figure it's worth the hastle.) A nice used vespa is going for about the same price as a used sports bike, 1000cc, up here(4-5 thousand.) The 250cc sportsbikes are $1000-$2000 more than the big bikes. Only Harley downtown has their own dealership for bikes. The big 4 now sell their wares at powersports stores.

When it all gets sorted out, (in a year or 2) chinabikes will start getting shipped to the east and west coast, but Toronto will always be a year or 2 behind. The Importers want a monoply or nothing. When they get the monoply they want, get ready for the sticker shock. I figure they'll price themselves into insolvency within 3 years. At $4000-per chinabike, I can't see anyone saving their pennies to get one. Not when they can get a used Honda 350-450-550, for only $1000, certified, previously plated. "But that's for an old honda," you might say? And, you'd be right. But parts are available, and CHEAP. It might even cost $1000 to renew the motor, but for $2000, you should get 40,000 miles out of it.

Depressing post I know. If I had $500(I don't :? ) I wouldn't buy a new chinabike with the cash. There is just no support in Toronto. (Localized I know but it effects the way I see the problem) So why Moderate a chinabike site? For the members still riding chinabikes. With the dealers falling away, less bikes on ebay, less imported, I think support is drying up as well. I wouldn't support A.L. or Allwheels Motorsports. JMHO. But I don't think they'd support me either.

The people that make ChinaRiders are why I'm here, not the bikes. Being here, is like being at one of my vintage club meetings. Norton Triumph, Chinabike. 2 wheels, goes fast, stops fast; I'm interested :lol:

I hope that next spring brings boat loads of cheap bikes, but right now, in my neck of the woods, the outlook is very depressing.

Brainsquishy
09-29-2008, 12:05 PM
With a population of over 12,687,000, about the same as Illinois, Pennsylvania or Ohio, you'd think somebody in the bike world here (Ontario) would be interested in dealing these bikes.
No competition!

katoranger
09-29-2008, 12:48 PM
No wonder everyone from Canada seems to be in Ontario.

Isn't that half the population?

Allen

Brainsquishy
09-29-2008, 03:32 PM
No, the total population is about 36 Million.
And all health care is covered.

katoranger
09-29-2008, 03:45 PM
So a third of the population.

Allen

IronFist
09-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Ya about a third. BC and quebec have some high numbers too.

VinceDrake
09-29-2008, 09:19 PM
--Still lots of space here in Saskatchefarm, if anyone's looking to move... :D

--Vince

theENIGMATIC
11-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Ontario, rules hard.......I think most Lotto 649 jackpot winners are naturally also from Ontario...25 million on Saturday.cant wait!

suprf1y
11-28-2008, 01:03 AM
Hey folks, I too am from Toronto. I got my bike from Daymak.com .
I was surfing Kijiji last night and saw that they went into receivership
Thats odd, I bought tires for my sons quad at the local Daymak shop (Brantford) last weekend. With their prices being roughly double what they should be, I'm surprised they've stayed in business as long as they have.

Just a note about allwheels. I'm glad I didn't see this before. My son bought his quad from allwheels, and we've both been very happy with it, and the purchase. I guess if you're after a street legal bike, its buyer beware in Ontario, but for us, they were fine, and the price was definitely right!

Jim
11-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I was watching Rick Mercer advertising for our have not capital :roll:

VinceDrake
11-28-2008, 10:29 PM
Ontario, rules hard.......I think most Lotto 649 jackpot winners are naturally also from Ontario...!

Oh man! I am having such a hard time being good!

Must....NOT... Bash....Ontario....Must.... NOT....Bash....Harleys

--Vince

TurboT
10-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Yikes.

Bumping this thread because the ALLWHEELS dudes seem to be cropping up again, re the ATV forum.

..and I promise not to say anything bad about Onterrible or those in it. :)

Oengus
11-22-2010, 10:20 PM
they are funny.....