PDA

View Full Version : Permit me to ramble a bit...

chinaguy
10-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I took a ride this evening on the back roads in central Pennsylvania. What a beautiful evening! The air is cool, but still very pleasant. The roads were not crowded; I only passed two cars. The fall air is starting to turn the leaves from green to red, yellow, and orange. The sun was just setting as I rode along, enjoying the beautiful colors. I could smell each house that was burning wood for heat, and each house that was running the dryer (I could smell the fabric softener). The sky turned from wonderful colors of gray and purple into night as I returned home. I had a huge smile on my face as I got off the bike. Now this is what riding a motorcycle is all about!

IronFist
10-01-2008, 11:10 PM
Since you mentioned the smell of the fabric softener I had to reply. Smells on a bike are vivid. Car exhaust, skunk, animal smells, they all seem to smell really good on a bike. Not like in a car when you don't know if you should roll the window up or down. :lol: I have smiled your smile. :D

winwun
10-02-2008, 06:42 AM
I remember when I was young, smells on a bike were almost palpable.

I still ride at 76, but most senses, with the exception of appreciation for freedom and beauty, have diminished somewhat.

As in any situation, young or old, one takes what one has and makes the best of it . . . :wink:

katoranger
10-02-2008, 08:51 AM
Burger King, Chili's, Zaxby's, are the smells that get my attention.

Allen

AZ200cc
10-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Everything seems to look better whe riding, Probably because You can see so much more without all the steel around You. But I like being able to stop on a whim and check trees or whatever out.