PDA

View Full Version : attn dealers & anybody else, need help with distributor

phil
10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
with all the problems that i seem to have with some of the distributors of the chinese bike, like i did with american lifan and now apollo let another dealer open less than 2 miles away, :evil: they say a mistake and wont sell them anymore but the trust is now gone, however zongshen is doing everything they said :lol: heres my question i need a supplier for atvs (maybe dirtbikes now) that has a good porduct at a reasonable cost, mostly kids versions for christmas from a distributor that be be at least semi honest with me :wink:and maybe even have parts once in a while i know it seems that i cant get along with anybody but honest guys im trying to work with these suppliers they just keep dropping the ball i would like to find somebody and would and need help, sometimes it seems like im being told "get out of this business" but i keep on pushing :lol:

VinceDrake
10-18-2008, 02:01 AM
I have no help for you in the area of distributors, although I would submit that I suspect in another year or tow, the real money is not going to be in selling the machines, but servicing them.

Myself, I had set up a small sideline dealership for a brief period of time, and it really went nowhere. (Same complaint as you-- Zero Dealer support... Why buy them at more than ebay cost?, etc.) Although in as much as I didn't think there was much profit to made in selling the machines, Service has become interesting and profitable. A nice sideline overall.

To my mode of thinking, I'd rather made $50 or $100 bucks, again, and again, and again, than make $400 once and spend the rest of my life explaining why they're warranty parts aren't here.

--Vince

phil
10-18-2008, 07:07 PM
i agree with what you say but if i dont sell them then its just that much harder to find the parts surely somewhere out there is a good distributor :roll:

katoranger
10-18-2008, 08:11 PM
whatever happen the blueray motorsports guy?

Anyway. These seem to be premium type chinese.

http://www.blueraymotors.com/

china_parts_canada
10-25-2008, 03:31 PM
with all the problems that i seem to have with some of the distributors of the chinese bike, like i did with american lifan and now apollo let another dealer open less than 2 miles away, :evil: they say a mistake and wont sell them anymore but the trust is now gone, however zongshen is doing everything they said :lol: heres my question i need a supplier for atvs (maybe dirtbikes now) that has a good porduct at a reasonable cost, mostly kids versions for christmas from a distributor that be be at least semi honest with me :wink:and maybe even have parts once in a while i know it seems that i cant get along with anybody but honest guys im trying to work with these suppliers they just keep dropping the ball i would like to find somebody and would and need help, sometimes it seems like im being told "get out of this business" but i keep on pushing :lol:

I can understand your frustration, I have been a China bike dealer for three years now ans it is certainly not an easy task. In fact I have decided that I am going to build my parts business and get right out of bringing in bikes and ATVs. I am in Canada and the distributors here are a joke for the most part. I talked to a couple of dealers around me about starting a small buying group but that didn't go to far. But if I was going to continue to be a dealer the only way I would buy product is directly from China. If you are in Canada and need help doing this I would do that for you. I have full time staff in China and have traveled there numerous times visiting many many factories. I do have a pretty good idea who makes the best products and who treats their distributors half way decently.

And if parts is an issue for you I either have your parts in stock or can get them for virtually any Chinese made machine.

Cheers,

Art

DDG1976
10-25-2008, 09:07 PM
I really don't get this, why wouldn't a company want to help dealers. Gross sells equal gross profit, the warranty stuff should be figured in! I bought a LF200GY-5 for 1299.00 brand new, it was at cost for the people I bought it from at around 700.00. I'm not and never claim to be an economist, but there is money made with dealers, distributors, wholesalers, and manufactuters. The warranty should be and probably is an annuity purchased by the company who manus the bike. That's what every company does, they purchase an anniuty that basically makes them money when something doesn't need warrantied, and pays out when something does.

elroyjetsn
10-25-2008, 10:08 PM
I know nothing about business. :?

But, seems to me that if you buy by the carton directly from China say 30-60 bikes at a time. You can just dissasemble a few completely and bag each part to stock your parts department bins with every part on the bikes. That way you are covered at least and as the parts go out you'll see what to increase your stock it and you'll have some time to buy. :wink: