PDA

View Full Version : Diva Does Skyline Drive

elroyjetsn
10-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Me and 2 other guy rode the Skyline Drive yesterday.

Magnificent place this time of year! Took 11 down to Front Royal to pick up the trail. That meant a short dash down interstate 81- good thing, my clutch hand was numb by the time we got back onto 11. Couldn't hardly work the turn signal! :cry:

As you can tell i was not properly dressed and i froze my bazinsky off for 235 miles. Fortunately Skyline drive is posted 35MPH or less for it's 100mile stretch. It in a National Park and you pay $10 for a bike, $15 for cars to drive on it.

You never realize how much wilderness is in the Shennandoah Valley till you look out over it at 3100'. The fall colors were spectacular! The place was mobbed and lots of bikes- Diva was the only Chinese one i saw. :?

The bike performed beatifully all the way till i was 5 miles from my house and the gas ran out on Rt. 9. (Yes, the reserve got me to a gas station, OK.) Gas for the trip was about 10 bucks.

The brake light stopped working on the return trip. :evil: Not sure if the bulb burnt out or a wire came loose. So i stayed in the middle for the rest of the ride home.

Will have to get some cold weather duds... :oops:

Here's a few pix, more to come...

http://www.chinariders.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=10124

Dragon
10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Did that face shield come with that helmet?

elroyjetsn
10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Did that face shield come with that helmet?

Found out after i got it it was for snowmobilers. :) Yes, and you can get a double pane visor for it to prevent fogging inside.

tigertamer
10-20-2008, 07:35 AM
All I got here is RT 88 at Oglebay Park, Ohio County! :cry: It's the ridge that runs the WV side parallel to the Ohio River.

Montani Semper Liberi :!:
Tigertamer

elroyjetsn
10-20-2008, 11:50 AM
All I got here is RT 88 at Oglebay Park, Ohio County! :cry: It's the ridge that runs the WV side parallel to the Ohio River.

Montani Semper Liberi :!:
Tigertamer

Tiger,

Now's the time to do it if you have the opportunity! :)

elroyjetsn
10-26-2008, 03:16 PM
The filament in the brakelight bulb failed. Replaced with an LED cluster replacement bulb that's brighter and hopefully less likely to fail. :wink:

tigertamer
10-27-2008, 06:27 AM
I'll keep riding this winter. RT 88 is beautiful with snow on the trees 8)

You'll be happy with the LEDs. They are brighter, use less energy, and the solid-state construction will give you years of trouble-free service!

Montani Semper Liberi,
Tigertamer

elroyjetsn
10-27-2008, 06:55 AM
Tried riding my bicycle in Minnesota years ago when it was near 0 and took a few tumbles along the way. It's those unexpected patches of ice that keep putting u on your can.