PDA

View Full Version : officially a china rider now

DanB
10-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Picked my china scoot up this past Saturday. It's not quite what I wanted, but I got a smoking deal on it. The lady I bought it from had just bought it a couple weeks prior at a local dealer and found out she was terrified of riding it. So I got it for half price. :twisted: Even cheaper than ordering it online. It only has 25km (16mi) on it. It's also the newest vehicle I've ever owned, lol... Now I just need to learn to ride the thing. :lol:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2967966982_9b0c5b7901_b.jpg

tigertamer
10-24-2008, 08:25 AM
They are easier to ride than you think :wink:

Just use common sense, obey the traffic regulations, Be courteous, and PRACTICE :!:

You'll be giving the "big wave" in no time!

Good luck,
Tigertamer

P.S. If you have NEVER ridden before, I would also recommend an approved motorcycle safety course.

TT

DesertDog
10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
if you've riddin a bicycle you can ride a scooter, gas and go, thats all, and geico motorcycle ins. is pretty cheap $100 for the year,

but like tiger said use common sense them cars wont see you AT ALL, so cary a 45 with you

katoranger
10-26-2008, 08:53 PM
The scooters are easy to ride. Take it to a parking lot and practice at low speeds for awhile.

Also if you can maintain that Fiat the scooter will be a breeze.

Allen

DanB
10-27-2008, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the support guys. I still haven't found any time to ride it any more than just up and down my driveway. What can I say... I'm a procrastinator. Yeah, I'm not worried about any maintence issues. Should be able to handle whatever she throws at me, but there will probably be a learning curve. The Fiat is plenty easy to maintain, btw. I'm very familar with old Italian girls :lol:

AZ200cc
10-27-2008, 08:24 PM
You'll have a lot of fun once You get used to it. Hardest part to learn is turning with out putting Your feet out or down...Like they said go to an empty parking lot and ride around You'll get it in no time. I second the car comments, Look out for cars, Because they WILL NOT be looking out for You.

warrior91
10-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Very european loking driveway now!

PremierScooters
02-25-2009, 01:27 AM
Great Bike, Only problem with those is you can't see anything out of those mirrors. It is a real saftey issue. I've had a couple of those in stock (peace model 808 same thing) My supplier traded the mirrors out for me and gave me standard type mirrors with the signal lights in them that can pivot in all directions. Another option is to just get rid of the useless lighted mirror and just use the signal lights mounted in the handle bars and replace the lighted ones with the standard 8mm mirrors that come on 90% of chinese scoots. They don't look as flash but they will save your life.

bdavison
05-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Need to break in those tires too...WOW those things are shiny slick.
I hope thats not tireshine armor all....

Rule #413 - Never EVER put any kind of armor all on the seat or the tires.

kczukiman
05-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Very nice scoot! Welcome to the club.Now its official...