PDA

View Full Version : Your Christmas toys...

jayg
12-02-2008, 10:58 PM
OK, I am telling my wife that I would like some toys for my riding.

Where are you shopping or telling your other half to shop for you on the internet?

What would you like to add to your China toy box?

Willys
12-03-2008, 10:03 AM
I asked for IOU's so that i can go to the Jan bike show and collect...lol So far it's working!

DDG1976
12-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Right now I would ask for an electric heat riding vest.

ImEazy
12-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Christmas has been cancelled here this year.

kmoore
12-05-2008, 06:11 AM
christmas has been cancled a lot of places this year so i feel ya on that one imeazy

TeamCheap
12-05-2008, 05:24 PM
"christmas cancelled this year"
WAH WAH WAH :roll: :lol: :lol:

We havnt bought each other christmas gifts of any substantial amount (meaning over $75) in years and we dont have kids but we always think back to all we have and then just get up christmas morning and have a nice breakfast and enjoy the day.

We dont need more gifts to enjoy the day we just look around at all we have and we're happy.

We will sometimes get each other a small gift and then a box to put a bunch each others favorite wrapped snacks and goodies and pop and stuff.
A trip to meijers and about $35 dollars of goodies and some wrapping paper and the time to wrap it all seperately is still lots of fun for us.

We do this because when we think about it we pretty much have all we want/need.

Willys
12-05-2008, 05:38 PM
I tried to cancel Christmas a few years back...you would think that I just killed Santa!!! The BS I got from my mother , wife and others was astounding!!! I said...Christmas is for kids and the little ones...we as adults don't need anything, if we do ...we can buy it when we need it ..right??

Holy Crap!!! All I got wa s...don't you love me any more, from my mother, the cheap biatch, she never spends much on us anyway but looks as if we have shafted her when we spend what she spent last year on her this year! and the wife just said NO..we are having Christmas! So..every year we spend too much money and I end up taking stuff back i don't want. This year I have said..if you have to give me something...I want money!!! That way I can buy what I want not what you think I want...so far I have heard it may work....unbelieveable!

Anyway...everyone here have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

It's not the gifts that make Christmas it's the company!

katoranger
12-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I bought my wife a cordless 19.2 handvac. (It also comes with a drill/light/sander)

She wanted a cordless handvac. It just happens to be from the tool aisle. :lol:

She also got some replacement matching cookware that I found on ebay. No longer available in stores.

I don't like to spend alot at Christmas either. Usually all the money is spent on travelling to see family, but we have a baby due any time so I get to stay here.

Allen

TeamCheap
12-05-2008, 07:30 PM
We found out years ago that we dont have to spend the big bucks to get a big kick out of christmas and we really enjoy the holiday but we just dont get sucked into all the spending hype.

gifts for others from us are usually in the form of a gift card so they can put it with some other cash and go shopping for what they REALLY want.(I love gift cards)

This post reminds me that I need to get my list of favorite goodies to my wife so she knows what to pick up (she already knows most of my favorites)

I'll give her a list of things like
poppycock popcorn (cashews and toffee - YUM YUM)
reese's
heath bars
lays flaming hot potato chips
long john coffee cake (they changed the name and its hard to find now)
licorice
mountain dew code red
vault pop, that red cherry/berry flavor
caramela
starbursts
and so on and so on.....I'll stop at about 30 items or so and expect about 1/3 to 1/2 and I'll be very happy with that (as will my dentist :lol: )

IronFist
12-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm fixing my honda finally. That's Christmas for me. I've been married for 5 years, and just now got my wife a very small engagement ring. I'm gonna get her wedding ring fixed, (it's been missing a tiny stone for 2 years) and I'll get her engagment ring sized at the same time. I think it's the most I've ever spent on a Christmas present, less than a set of bike tires. Talk about emotional bang for your buck. :D

TeamCheap
12-06-2008, 07:56 AM
I think the best christmas gift I gave my wife cost about $18 bucks and it came from radio shack.

A few weeks before christmas I had fallen asleep on the couch and woke up in the middle of the night with the tv blaring and it was a ratshack commercial but the item they were peddling sounded interesting.

Later when we were up north at her parents for the holidays I went out shopping and picked up the folding/talking (recordable) picture frame i had seen in the commercial and took it back to their house and without my wife knowing what it was I asked her parents to each select a picture of themselves and then record a message to kelly(my wife) and they did and her mom wrapped it for me since I had to leave it there.

A week later my wife went up alone and got her presents and she was on the phone to me while opening the one from me and at first she's like "ohh its a huh picture frame" I told her to remove it from the box and check it out.
She takes it out and started to cry when she sees the pictures in it and plays the messages they put on it.

Cost next to nothing and that year thats all she got from me but it is priceless to her.

Sadly her parents are both gone now.

IronFist
12-06-2008, 03:32 PM
Yep T/C that's what I figure the ring is. I'll probably get pulled into re-doing the vows, but I can do that for free too. :lol: Honestly, she's worth it. I have no idea why she's with me, but I'm darn glad she is. She got teary eyed when I told her I'd fix her wedding ring, she thought it was so thoughtful. I only came up with that idea to get the size for her engagement ring. She's gonna bawl, and never forget this christmas.

My bike went to the shop today. Pics in my album. The final bill will be 10X the little ring I got. Christmas for me is waking up every morning. :D

katoranger
12-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I got some tractor parts and another tractor coming. These things are addictive.

Good thing the old ones are cheap.

Allen

IronFist
12-08-2008, 01:59 PM
OK, I am telling my wife that I would like some toys for my riding.

Where are you shopping or telling your other half to shop for you on the internet?

What would you like to add to your China toy box?

I never tell my wife to get anything for my bike. Cash rocks! This year I'd rather she gave it to visa. I've been working on my own Christmas present for a year. She put up with me all last year, what a gift. :lol:

In the last 6-8 Months, China toys have gotten very rare around Toronto. 2 years ago electric bicycles became legal here, and stores opened up to fill the bill. They imported gas powered toys at the same time and that's how they were starting to crack open a market for themselves. That's how I got my 150cc. Almost all those stores are gone now.

DDG1976
12-08-2008, 04:16 PM
This is my after Christmas-Income tax present.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/cPath/33/products_id/1003

chinariderinthesky
12-09-2008, 01:30 AM
i am going to get my license back for christmas... since it was revoked for having a dirty truck and no insurance! its a long story but, the dirty pig was bored and saw a muddy toyota and decided that it was against the law.... and as far as the insurance, i found my old nighthawk 450 and HAD to buy it. little did i know, i would be laid off for a week without pay (dang potato production plants!) so, i couldn't afford my insurance! so, now that i paid all of the ransoms and did my time behind bars and saved up a few bucks for insurance again, its time to get my "privlidges" back! but, my daughter had a wonderful birthday on the 20th of nov and i didn't get a long list of things she wanted for christmas so, she will have a holly-jolly christmas!

jayg
12-09-2008, 05:12 PM
I saw a few nice things for riding on Bike Bandit but I am trying to limit the cost to under $75.00. I would love some less Knobby tires.

Alaskan-Dad
12-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Well for our China bikes I bought some new Michelin trials tubes for all three bikes. I read that most China bikes have weak inner tubes, so far out of three bikes just one has had flats, 2 in the front and one rear.
And we got each bike a Deltran battery tender jr hoping come spring our batteries will still be in working order charged and ready for a ride. We had one dead battery from the key being left on, I hooked it up to a trickle charger 500ma for about 18 hrs and it came back to life in freezing temps. :wink:

thats it for bike related goodies............