PDA

View Full Version : Beeping Blinkers

jeffhei
02-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I took my first ride today. I only went around the block. It is only 19 degrees here today. The roads are pretty much dry though. I noticed that the blinkers make a beeping noice. Do the jap bikes have this beeper thing on the blinkers or is it just on the chinese bikes.

amad
02-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Yeah and how do I make it not beep?

ambassador
02-16-2007, 05:42 PM
There are 2 options, pull off the beep beep and wire the 2 wires together so the blinkers work or stuff a piece of cloth or paper towel in the hole and wrap some electrical tape around it, that's what I did just in case if I sell it I can return it to the way it was.. All I could picture was me sitting in a turn lane and a bunch of hot chicks drive up next to me and there I am beeping away, not cool but then again I am on a China bike, not sure how cool that is either...

PolygonFla
02-16-2007, 05:48 PM
They are winkers man winkers!

My Zongshen doesn't beep. I kinda wish it did. I low level beeping would be better than driving 2 miles having forgotten to cancel it and leaving the thing winking for a mile

tzrider
02-16-2007, 05:53 PM
You can go down to your local Auto Zone and buy a standard two pronged flasher and replace your flasher which also has the beeper in it. At least that's how my Diamo is wired. The Auto Zone flasher is a little over three dollars. I got a short in the left rear turn signal that burned out my flasher anyway, so I was forced to fix it.

Some of the old Honda street bikes had a flasher/beeper, but that sorta went away when Yamaha introduced and everyone else copied the self canceling turn signals. Most of my Japanese street bikes since my 1977 RD400 have had the self canceling turn signals, but Suzuki got cheap on the SV650, not self canceling and no beeper, and I was always leaving the danged turn signal on. The ones on my GoldWing cancel and I'm sorta GoldWing lazy. :lol: The rubber turn signal mounts on the fairing broke twice, so I just took 'em off and do hand signals on that bike now. The law in Texas is that you don't need turn signals on a motorcycle, but if you do have 'em, they have to work. Just got the bike inspected the other day without the turn signals.

amad
02-16-2007, 07:35 PM
I low level beeping would be better than driving 2 miles having forgotten to cancel it and leaving the thing winking for a mile
I wish it was a low level beeping. This thing can be heard in the next zip code! 8O

msRandi
02-16-2007, 07:57 PM
If it is like owrs, look and see if you have what looks like 2 horns. one is the beeper. just pull one wire off. But I like my beeper , I dont forget to turn off the signils.

blimpman
02-16-2007, 08:29 PM
Two wraps of black electrical tape... Ahhhh....Silence.. ( at least while the engine is running)

I low level beeping would be better than driving 2 miles having forgotten to cancel it and leaving the thing winking for a mile
I wish it was a low level beeping. This thing can be heard in the next zip code! 8O

Beerslayer
02-16-2007, 08:58 PM
It should be referred to as a Beeping Winker. Just check your manual. I am over the embarrassment. I figure it will help to keep me from getting hit.

ambassador
02-16-2007, 09:51 PM
If you just incorporate turning off your winkers when your shifting into 2nd or 3rd out of a turn then it just becomes automatic, I don't even think about it anymore... On the 06 Lifan GY-5 the beeper is very loud when idleing, it turns alot of heads which is good and bad depending on how you look at it...

Beerslayer
02-16-2007, 10:46 PM
The beeping winkers is the only way I turn heads.

sheadouglas
02-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Speaking of beeping winkers, Anybody know where I can get some more and for what price? My back rear one fell off :?. Anyways just let me know!

sheadouglas
02-16-2007, 10:54 PM
My back rear... ???? I dont know why I wrote that. My back LEFT blinker fell off.

blimpman
02-17-2007, 06:03 AM
My back rear... ???? I dont know why I wrote that. My back LEFT blinker fell off.

Get some aftermarket ones.. Try Ebay. They can be had for under $20

blimpman
02-17-2007, 06:53 AM

Get some aftermarket ones.. Try Ebay. They can be had for under $20

ambassador
02-17-2007, 09:30 AM
Just about any auto parts store carrys them, you may have to modify the connectors though...

tzrider
02-17-2007, 02:20 PM
Just about any auto parts store carrys them, you may have to modify the connectors though...

Mine plugged right in, no problem. Just make sure it's a two pronged flasher.

tzrider
02-17-2007, 02:26 PM
As to turn signals, I put one off a 600 Bandit on the front right because a guy I'd sold a Lifan to needed a lens and the one Diamo sent me was wrong. So, I gave him one off my bike, was what he needed. After riding it around with no turn signal lens for a while, I just installed the Bandit blinker from an old Bandit I parted out. Some Hondas will have a two filament bulb, just have to hook up the bright one. The other is a running light on the Honda. The Suzuki signal has one filament, though. I had to cut off a do dad on the post to fit it, but it was plastic, easy to do. It looks enough like the original light that you don't notice it unless you're lookin' for it.

amad
02-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I solved the beeping blinker problem. I found the rectangular beeper box and wrapped the heck out of it with electrical tape. It muffled it so much, you can't hear it when the bike is running. :P

Jet_Tech
02-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Heres is another fix to your beeping winker problem...go but a tube of JB Weld and fill the hole and smooth it out...let it dry and reinstall...this way you dont have to counter balance the right side of the bike due to the massive tape ball on the left side.

ambassador
02-18-2007, 01:24 AM
2 passes around with the elec. tape will do, not very waterproof though, may come outta the trail beeping..

amad
02-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah. I only wrapped it about 3 or 4 times with the tape. It still fits in the rubber mount. :D