PDA

View Full Version : Check this out! New 250 V-twin from Hi-Bird.

dsrt4
12-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Looks Promising.

I like the xr1200 look for sure! But I like the smaller cc bikes.
their US Distributor told me it should be here in mid 2009.

I havent yet heard back what the MSRP will be.
Heres the Hi-bird link.
http://www.hbmoto.com/Products_view.asp?id=60

http://www.hbmoto.com/bookpic/200861617448654.jpg

dsrt4
12-31-2008, 01:31 PM
Sorry for the huge pic....

Thats All I could find..

DDG1976
12-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Horsepower seems way low. Nice looking bike though.

katoranger
12-31-2008, 02:07 PM
The picture looks great.

Cal25
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
I still dont understand why all the publicity for bikes that never materialise. How many times have we seen pics of a 400 D/S? I still havent heard of anyone actually being able to buy one though.

Hibird said they would have an all new 250 D/S by this past summer. Its cold now and still nothing new. In fact i dont think they even had a D/S of any size to sell.

dsrt4
12-31-2008, 03:13 PM
Looks to me like Hi-bird USA is only planning on selling the products that are on the HMoto link above and they all look like new bikes to me.

The Oklahoma Distributors web site is fubared and he hasn't answered any of my emails from the last few weeks. I Guess he is out of the game.

The Distributor on the hbmoto site looks to be a different guy all together :?:

The 250 Watercooled Enduro looks pretty Damn nice! I Hope the little xr1200 look alike bike comes out, I'd be one of the first in line to get it.

IronFist
12-31-2008, 03:23 PM
Nice looking scoot!
But I agree with Cal and I'll wait for the reviews on the electrial system. :oops:

Jim
12-31-2008, 05:21 PM
I still dont understand why all the publicity for bikes that never materialise.

I think it is just because we all are curious and like to see what China is producing, we find a ton of cool bikes.... However North America isn't the only (or the biggest) export market, so just because we don't see these bikes, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't out there somewhere...

IronFist
12-31-2008, 05:54 PM

I think it is just because we all are curious and like to see what China is producing, we find a ton of cool bikes.... However North America isn't the only (or the biggest) export market, so just because we don't see these bikes, doesn't necessarily mean they aren't out there somewhere...

It's true Jim, that most of the eastern markets aren't looking for bigger bikes. They buy the 150's and 200's. Also, that western markets get whatever's leftover, that's the 200's. The question I would like answered is,

"Since small bikes are the "chinabike" bread and butter, why spend all the cash to promote bigger bikes, one after the other? I think that's what cal was saying too, but I could be wrong, I often am. But I keep trying.:D

phil
12-31-2008, 06:32 PM
if you look close the only real bike i can see on their site is the hardtail the rest are just drawings and from what i have checked not available here the distributor or person who is supposed to be in charge of sales doesnt have them when we last spoke except the hard tail and was supposed to contact a distributor or warehouse (im still not sure how that company is set up) and i havent been contacted back when i spoke to him what i was told about the 250s both the hardtailo and the xr looking the engine on both are made by a diffrent company might have started with a "J" but i cant remember for sure and they are the yamaha clones just like the ones we know from al,zong and everybody else but i love the look of this bike and 250 may be small but i understand the reasoning bigger is what most are looking for but the small displacement has something going for it fuel mileage and soon may be needed

BillR
12-31-2008, 06:39 PM
I definitely like the body styling. I can almost see an "XR-CR" in there somewhere.
Just needs a fairing and clip-on bars.. :twisted:
Have to do something black with the exhaust, too. 8)
Not interested in anything larger than a 250, maybe 300.
I was thinking about a Hyosung GT 250 later on, but I would get something like this instead.
Bill

Jim
12-31-2008, 06:42 PM

It's true Jim, that most of the eastern markets aren't looking for bigger bikes. They buy the 150's and 200's. Also, that western markets get whatever's leftover, that's the 200's. The question I would like answered is,

"Since small bikes are the "chinabike" bread and butter, why spend all the cash to promote bigger bikes, one after the other? I think that's what cal was saying too, but I could be wrong, I often am. But I keep trying.:D

What money though? Is there really much being spent promoting these? Or is it just us finding these (on various manufacturer or trading sites) and posting about them, word of mouth advertising doesn't really cost anything, and it isn't hard for them to put them up on their site... That's all I'm saying, is I don't see them spending money promoting these things, but I could be missing it..

IronFist
12-31-2008, 09:23 PM
They gotta put the cash into building a prototype to take a pic of I meant. But now that I think small, maybe it's just a photoshop image? That makes the hype free :lol: Seems a cruel tease for a chinabike manufacturer. :twisted:

Jim
12-31-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't know, it's kind of hard to tell... Some of them are obvious.... But they do intend to put these out at some point, so that's a good thing in my opinion :)

phil
01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
i found out yesterday from head sale/distributor that hibird uses the zongshen engine the dual sport 250 is supposed to be out mid-09 and a sample should be at indy for the show. i just wonder if this means zongshen may have a 250 watercooled :roll:

IronFist
01-03-2009, 07:07 PM
I hope so, it would get busy around here quick, I like busy.

phil
01-03-2009, 07:18 PM
ok ironfist i know im simple so if you would, explain that to me does that mean some of the members here would swamp me with business as a zong dealer (maybe hibird if the legal end works out) :lol:

BillR
01-04-2009, 02:58 PM
ok ironfist i know im simple so if you would, explain that to me does that mean some of the members here would swamp me with business as a zong dealer (maybe hibird if the legal end works out) :lol:
That could be a strong possibility (as far as me :lol: ).
If HiBird came out with the Sport Cruiser in this topic, I'd definitely be in the market. 8)
A 250-300cc water cooled enduro with dealer support for parts would be very nice also :wink:

phil
01-04-2009, 06:33 PM
if they come out you may be able to test mine :lol: