PDA

View Full Version : HENSIM V twin 250 street bike

TheRealWorld
01-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Anyone have experience with the HENSIM bikes,they have a new 08 250 V twin street bike, that looks good.

TheRealWorld
01-07-2009, 11:20 PM
This bike is not a v twin, but it is a two cylinder side by side. Sorry for the wrong info. It kind of has the old Honda Shadow look in my uneducated opinion.

TheRealWorld
01-09-2009, 01:08 AM
You can see this bike at www.atvwholesaleoutlet.com Please let me know if you know anything good or bad, I think I am going to order one.

Qingdao
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Looks like a Honda Rebel.

bobberjohn
01-09-2009, 10:06 PM
Hardtailed, solo saddle, Sporty or Mustang tank.... yeah,
good looking bike. Dig parallel twins.... Lifan or what for power??

TheRealWorld
01-10-2009, 10:05 AM
bobberjohn, thanks for the reply. I don't know much about it, but the engine says hensim. This must be a very new bike, because I cant find info on it. Here is some info from the site. I wish the thread did not call it a V twin, that was a stupid mistake!

BRAND NEW 2008 250cc-MOTORCYCLE FREE SHIPPING

TOP OF THE LINE QUALITY ,2 CYLINDER ,BALANCE SHAFT ENGINE

5 SPEED ,GREAT FUEL EFFICIENCY,DUAL PERFORMANCE EXHAUST

NO VIBRATION ON HIGH SPEED ,DISC BRAKE ,ELECTRIC START

HENSIM $1,699.99

bobberjohn
01-11-2009, 09:16 PM
For $1,700 bucks, if it has a high quality engine, it's a
great platform to build something really cool off of. Or,
keep it factory and laugh as you cruise pass the gas pumps.
I agree, it looks alot like a Rebel. Ya know, I wonder why
these Chinese bikes aren't marketed at mainstream American
motorcycleists, looking for a small displacement commuter bike
but with the features of their Japanese counterparts. A dealer
with some serious $$$ backing could open these things up, similiar
to the way Hyundai, Kia, etc. came to be here. As long as the
Chinese kept an eye on quality control, they'd have the commuter
bike market sewn up. If they'd only clone a Kawasaki 750 2 stroke tripple....

TheRealWorld
01-11-2009, 11:45 PM
I have been looking, and I have found three places so far that sell them. I am seriously considering ordering one, but I will hold off for a bit. How do I find out some reliability info on the engine?

Qingdao
01-21-2009, 02:46 AM
. If they'd only clone a Kawasaki 750 2 stroke tripple....

If they could get the bike passed emissions I'd buy that clone in a heart beat. For the right price I'd buy one of thouse old 500 2 stroke Suzuki's.

TheRealWorld
01-21-2009, 11:12 PM
I am making progress on my search and I am quite sure I will have one soon. I will let you know what I think when I get one. I am in Wisconsin and it is cold and snowy here so it may be a while before I can test ride it. I do not anticipate a problem registering it in Wisconsin.

katoranger
01-22-2009, 07:54 AM
Before you plunk down the cash, check with your local tag office with the make/model of the bike you decide on to see if there will be any issues.

Allen

culcune
01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
I think Hensim have an ok reputation for dirt bikes, although I haven't heard or read about people flocking to this bike.

They are distributed by countymotorsports (spelling?) who now handle all their distribution. They used to be headquartered (US headquarters) in the City Of Industry in the Los Angeles region, and might still be, but are handled by the above named company.

SpeedSouth
01-22-2009, 07:29 PM
The price looks a wee bit high to me...but maybe that's because I've seen so many barely ridden Rebels for sale at about the same price on Craig's.

And it can be called a V twin...with a zero degree angle. 8O :D

Edit: I thought I'd include an example - http://atlanta.craigslist.org/mcy/1003650034.html

2004 - 540 miles $2300 obo

culcune
01-22-2009, 07:48 PM
The price looks a wee bit high to me...but maybe that's because I've seen so many barely ridden Rebels for sale at about the same price on Craig's.

Good point! These were a couple hundred cheaper a few months ago, but with the huge surge in fuel prices, the prices must have gone up a few hundred$

Personally, I would prefer to buy one at the store, rather than getting it shipped. I would use T-motorsport (many of us remember the arguments about them mail-ordering, and the problems they had with shipping bikes at MCO), but pick it up in person, like 'Liverchip' did with his off-road bike. They had all his paperwork in order, and he had no problems registering the bike for off-road use. Or, I would try countymotorsports, but I think they are much further away from me than t-motorsports.

But seeing bikes on craigslist for those comparable prices would make me hesitate "experimenting" with a relatively unknown bike (Hensim has a decent reputation for their off-road products, but like I said, no one seems to own one of these street bikes).