PDA

View Full Version : Choke?

amad
02-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Is it just me or does the choke not seem to make much difference on or off? (LF200GY-5) On other bikes I've had, it really makes a difference in rpm when it is started with it on.

mdsuave13
02-18-2007, 11:59 AM
did you double check the cable and make sure that it is truly functioning? the first time i pulled mine, there was a wire harness in the way that wasnt allowing it to pull out all the way.

cycleway4
02-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi.....the choke is only an enrichening device on most of these carbs....it simply opens up an additional passage-way for more gas to enter the venturi from the float bowl when the choke valve is pulled/lifted. Also,.the choke functions best with throttle closed........opening the throttle will tend to cancel the choke effectiveness.

There are quite a few japanese bikes that in recent years have incorporated a fast idle linkeage to the carb assembly, which in most cases simply opens the carb throttle plate when pulling the choke, usually in stages............giving a fast idle.

hope this helps

Steve

sheadouglas
02-18-2007, 01:33 PM
My lifan gy-5 choke really works when it comes to gettin the bike cranked when its cold out.

amad
02-18-2007, 08:59 PM
Thanks. All these comments do help. It could be that it has been under 30 degrees so far every time I've ridden. :lol: