PDA

View Full Version : Snow blast

John22j
02-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Well, I told myself if it hit 30F I'd get my little dirt bike out... so I was out today in the yard and man was it a blast. We have 6"-8" of snow and then 1"-2" of ice on top of it and 2" more of snow on top of that.

Gotta stay on the gas to keep moving or it just digs and breaks through the ice then you set and spin. I went into a snow drift section that didn't go so well. Plowed through for a little ways and then the snow was up over my footpegs and the little Hensim decided that was far enough. The bike would stay up without a kickstand. :roll: Anyway, got it out after a few minutes and some tugging and lifting.

I probably should have taken some video -- it was pretty wild. If you slowed up at all you just sank in and were stuck.... but keep on moving and it was wild -- could slide around corners and stay very stable and track true. Never went down, just some good ole fashioned fun!!!!

I guess cabin fever was getting bad -- I just had to get out and couldn't wait anymore. :D

sheadouglas
02-18-2007, 01:38 PM
I would be doin the same thing as you are budd. There's no way I'd make it all winter without riding a little. I'd start having withdrawals and stuff.

blimpman
02-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Cabin fever has afflicted me for 4 weeks now..... All I have been able to do is go out and wander around the garage in my parka and mittens... 4 more inches of snow this AM but supposed to get warmer next week. whoo hooo...

cajunkym
03-01-2007, 06:48 PM
It's great you are riding.

jeffhei
03-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Blizzard here today. It's gonna be a while before all this snow melts. Right now I am wishing I bought a snowmobile instead of my china bike.

mdsuave13
03-01-2007, 07:30 PM
haha, i know that feeling all too well.. but when the snow melts away you are going to be like DAMN I WISH I HAD A CHINABIKE! haha

Roketarider
03-02-2007, 08:55 AM
All rain here in NC....stopped now...but all yesterday and last night...heavy rain

jshellito
08-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I'd like a little of the do's & DONT'S of winter riding. Thanks

warrior91
08-17-2008, 02:26 AM
Don't stick your tounge to the frame.