PDA

View Full Version : DB-K007 --> Snapped Rear Shock Absorber --> What Shock

puush
01-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi Again,

Well I have just gotten this DB-K007 and I have only ridden 6 times since I got it in late december. Today I was out practicing 8-10 foot jumps only 2-3 feet high and my rear shock absorber broke. It snapped right in half! Luckily I didn't get injured real bad.

PowerSportMax.com, where I bought it, claims they will send you a replacement part if you send them your VIN and picture of damaged part. But, I don't think I want another one of those cheap punks.

Do you all have any suggestions on what quality Rear shock absorber will work on my XMoto 250cc Dirt Bike??? Thanks

katoranger
01-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Post a pic and the length of the shock. Also how it attaches to the bike.

Allen

puush
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
here is a url to image of the shock at giovannibikes.com in canada.

http://www.giovannibikes.com/Parts/Dirt-Bikes/250cc-Pro-Series-Dirt-24507/2968052-NW-SHOWA-REAR-SHOCK-Off/ProductInfo.aspx

I already bought another shock for $99 bucks. The powersportsmax.com people wont respond to me. I guess they dont want to repace my broken shock. I looked at a Fox Shock and its like $450 bucks!!! Yikes!!! I hope I don't break this shock again. I weigh 220lbs and only jump about 8-10 foot long and 1 to 3 foot high. Baby jumps.

I dont know how long shock is. 12in i guess. I see the Honda CRF 230 & 250 also use a Showa shock that is 12.5 in.

I cant truly measure the shock now since it is snapped now and separated.

Can I get a better shock than this Showa shock for around $250 that will work on my bike?And won't break? Thanks for all your help dudes.

Michael A

katoranger
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM
I was thinking a used jap bike shock might fit if you can match it up using the measurements.

Allen

knothead
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Now you know why we all say these bikes aren't made to jump. They just don't have enough suspension to absorb the landing!
You can motor around on one probably forever, I've had mine in some really rough places. But you can't ride them like you can a Jap bike. I've done things on my DR 650 that I know would have broken my Lifan.
Glad you weren't hurt.

puush
01-25-2009, 05:39 AM
I ordered a new shock and it should arrive next week. How do I go about replacing the shock??? What are the steps? Thanks

Michael A

elroyjetsn
01-25-2009, 08:34 AM
I ordered a new shock and it should arrive next week. How do I go about replacing the shock??? What are the steps? Thanks

Michael A

Almost all of the offroad Japanese bikes have shocks that are way too long. There are a few road bikes that have shocks the right length, but they typically have very short travel and only help a little.

There are a few Fastace shocks that're the right length and may do a nice job, but no one that i know of has tried them on a GY.

These bikes'll come unglued pretty fast if you try aerial stuff... :wink:

katoranger
01-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Replacing the rear shock should be pretty straightforward with some basic hand tools.

Going to need a way to support the bike. I suggest using a couple of ratchet straps from the garage ceiling or something similar.

The shock is held in with two bolts. Remove them and then you should be able to get the old shock out and then put the new in place. If possible upgrade the bolts with some better grade 8 hardware and then use some loctite on them.

Allen

puush
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
will do. Thanks