PDA

View Full Version : hey guys can i get some help with my lifan LF150-25

eagle150
01-25-2009, 07:18 PM
hi im 16, just got my first bike which is a lifan LF150-25 dont have a license or anything yet, was driving the bike to my house from were i bought it(about a 30min drive) it was night so couldnt see that good even with lights on, anyways i was going for a turn then i noticed there was some lose sand/gravel under me and i slid and laid my bike down..anyways there was no mechanical damage only damage was the side panel was cracked and the mirror broke off the front panel, well anyways i bought this bike off of a guy that dosent no much about these bikes, i cant find where to buy these plastic parts , ive looked on the internet , looked it up on google and still couldnt find..so if anyone knows were i can find these parts it would be awesome. thanks!

~Nick

edit-even if its not the same brand of parts i would like anything that fits securely on it.

culcune
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
If you can't find it here, you won't find it anywhere! My suggestion is to not worry about the plastic just yet, as it sounds like this is a learning bike, and you might just lay it down again. If you really and truly "need" the parts, there are probably several bikes that don't run and you can get to part out; check Craiglist and Ebay, too. But, again, my suggestion is to not even worry about the plastic.

Just to let you know what you have working against you finding actual parts suppliers, is that many of the parts don't exist for Chinese bikes, as parts. An importer will bring in a container of bikes, let's say 40 bikes, all boxed up, and will keep one or 2 as parts bikes to cannibalize; but not always. They might just sell all of them, and customers are out of luck if parts are needed, such as your plastics. So, there is not a big warehouse of parts that customers or dealers can call up, or log into, and order from. Again, not to discourage you, but don't be surprised if you keep hitting dead ends in your quest for parts--keep your eyes open to someone selling one that no longer runs for $500. You deal him down to $200, and you have all the parts you should need!

eagle150
01-25-2009, 08:03 PM
its actually a eagle 150cc, but made by lifan ..its basically a exact replica of the american lifan 150-25,heres a site that sells eagles,but only for the 200cc not 150 :\ http://www.aapowersports.com ..ill be taking pics soon and putting them on here to show what im lookin for.

edit- also i would like to ask, would the lifan 200cc plastics fit on 150cc bikes? the front panel looks almost identical and the side panels look difforent but would they fit?

IronFist
01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
I had an eagle 150cc, it's probably a totally different bike. Eagle is just a name. The first thing I did was to take all the plastic off the bike. Much easier to wrench, and I still had the plastics when it sold, and mine was licenced for the street. Culcune is right, don't sweat the plastic.

Sorry to hear that you went over. Were you wearing you gear? Bash Hat? Jacket, gloves, boots? Is it a dirt bike or street? If you need mirrors, your local shop should have aftermarket ones.

Have you thought of taking a cycle course?
If you really like riding, don't risk riding street till you have your licence, it's not worth it. Couldn't you have brought the bike home in a van?

eagle150
01-25-2009, 09:43 PM
I had an eagle 150cc, it's probably a totally different bike. Eagle is just a name. The first thing I did was to take all the plastic off the bike. Much easier to wrench, and I still had the plastics when it sold, and mine was licenced for the street. Culcune is right, don't sweat the plastic.

Sorry to hear that you went over. Were you wearing you gear? Bash Hat? Jacket, gloves, boots? Is it a dirt bike or street? If you need mirrors, your local shop should have aftermarket ones.

Have you thought of taking a cycle course?
If you really like riding, don't risk riding street till you have your licence, it's not worth it. Couldn't you have brought the bike home in a van?i was wearing a leather jacket that protected me and a helmet,and gloves, was going around 30mph when i wrecked only hurt my leg/knee just busted up a bit. its a street bike, looks almost identical to the 200cc lifan street bikes, and the plastic where the mirror is mounted broke so if i were to get a new mirror i would need a new front panel for it, i used Gorilla glue and fixed the cracks, and the mirror, looks ok you cant tell that it broke and i glued it on unless you get within like 5 feet. Nah i dont really wanna take a cycle course, and i do really like riding :),i was gonna bring the bike home with a truck but couldnt find one to use, i have a tahoe but it wouldnt fit in the back so i just desided to ride it back since there supposed to be a ice storm comming 2maro wanted to get it home before that, everything works like before except for the front left blinker signal but i think its just the balb , ill get a new one soon.

edit-2maro when its light outside ill take some pics to show you guys my bike.

Jim
01-25-2009, 10:43 PM
1) Take a MSF course
2) Check on china-moto.biz for help finding plastic parts
3) Take a MSF course.

Sorry to be preachy, but it is a good idea if you want to be an old rider at some point. Wreckin the bike on the way home should make you want to take a course anyways... Not trying to be a prick, just think it would be good for you not to get dead.

TheRealWorld
01-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Jim, great advice. We have to look out for one another, because others don't seem to.

DDG1976
01-26-2009, 12:02 AM
Hoopers says the plastic will fit the 150 and the 200, Might want to look around on this site and maybe call them to make sure. They have mirrors and blinkers too, but you have to buy a whole set.

http://www.hooperimports.com/product.asp?pf_id=200GY-2RSCvr

katoranger
01-26-2009, 08:39 AM
A course is highly recommended. http://www.msf-usa.org/ Not very expensive and most states will give you your license after completing one. Also you insurance will give you a discount.

Allen

cliftstuff
01-26-2009, 09:21 AM
I have an LF150-25 also, and all the parts I have replaced so far are the same as the 200. Pegs, gear shifter, sprockets, and such. I believe the plastics are also the same, although a lot harder to locate. I got most all of my parts from T-Motorsports ( http://stores.ebay.com/T-MOTORSPORTS ) with no problems. As a older rider, I just want to add that, I too learned by the "falling off" method and would advise taking a riding course. A lot less painful. Good luck.

culcune
01-26-2009, 09:28 AM
T-Motorsports also has a mail-order site www.t-mototsports.com

We had discussions back and forth about these guys when they were selling whole bikes, and people had problems getting their paperwork from them, but they have been in business for a few years, and shouldn't have too many problems getting parts out for you.

IronFist
01-26-2009, 11:54 AM
eagle150

I asked about the motorcycle course because I feel it's really important, not to be a know it all. I don't know much, but the course I took saved my life. Just something the instructor said between the training.

A couple months after completeing the course, and the garbage truck was coming at me in my lane at 45mph and I was going 50 around a curve. I followed the instructor's suggestion, and I'm still here. I didn't think it was possible to miss that truck. 8O When you are 3 seconds from death, you have LOTS OF TIME! If you think you won't get into this type of situation, then you really need to take the course.

Eagle, there is nothing better than riding away from a near death experience, when the only reason you're alive is because you did the right thing at the right time. :wink: Once I learned what to do in a bad situation, there was no mental debate, I did the right thing at the right time. My neighbor shamed me into taking the course, sure glad he did. I know how un-cool and expensive it is. Please think again about taking the course. Over a lifetime it works out to pennies per ride. :D

culcune
01-26-2009, 01:58 PM
I am a hypocrite for not having taking the course (and I still can, and will, but have been riding since 1991, but still intend to take it), but Ironfist and Jim, and the others are correct here--take the darn course!! It's not saying you can't ride, but as a 16 year old, you will lots and lots to learn--things that your dirt riding experience couldn't have taught you (I assume dirt bikes because you are young and no license, so limited road experience, but probably lots of dirt riding under your belt, hence your confidence in riding the 30 miles at night).

eagle150
01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
thx for all the info guys, ill try to look into the course altho i havent heard of one in tahlequah oklahoma but ill look. :)

eagle150
01-26-2009, 05:58 PM
http://images.craigslist.org/3n83md3p81141251ga91ebff629ae17c21a6a.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3m33o03ld1f71g214b91e5880de7ec1f219ad.jpg :D

Cal25
01-27-2009, 08:51 AM
Sharp looking! I can see why you want new plastics now.

eagle150
01-27-2009, 11:46 AM
ye lol, believe it or not i used gorilla glue and put the mirror back on and fixed the crack and u cant even tell it was cracked unless u get within a couple feet 8)

edit- i actually got a great deal on this bike..in like new condition 9XX miles less than 1k ;) and all i gave for it was a 19" lcd tv,xbox 360, and a 299$ used comp

IronFist
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
I'd bet yer not in Canada with a deal like that :lol:

Most folks here have a 200cc bike but mine was a 150cc d/s. I was very surprised once I got the sprockets just right. The bike got stronger for the first 3000 miles. I did long trips. As long as your bike stays solid I think you're getting much more than you paid. :D

eagle150
01-27-2009, 12:12 PM
yea :D i was excited when i found the deal lol, i luv it.

DefEddie
03-27-2009, 02:06 AM
There is an American Lifan dealer in Muskogee,in case you find Lifan parts that will work on yours.
If you get desperate,i'm in Sallisaw and can show you how to repair the fiberglass and you can repaint.