PDA

View Full Version : XMOTO DB-K007 250cc --> Rear Sprocket Bolts Sheared off ?

puush
02-02-2009, 06:20 AM
Hello,

I was riding my Bike in the Mountains above my home in Northern California and the 4 bolts holding the rear sprocket on rear wheel hub snapped off. I just recently had to install a new Rear Shock because the metal rod in the shock snapped. i replaced the shock and now the Rear Sprocket bolts "all" break. So again I was stranded 5 miles up in the wilderness.

I am going to try and "tap" the sprocket bolts myself because the threads look stripped out. Guess I just tap and locktite and I should be good to go.

Do you all have any suggestions?? i dont need to buy a new rear wheel do I? Thanks for all your previous help...

Michael A

DDG1976
02-02-2009, 07:55 AM
On a GY Lifan and most of it's clones, they are not bolts, and they don't actually hold the sprocket on. It's held on by a snap ring. Here's a link to what the studs look like. And possibly somewhere to order new ones.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4173

puush
02-02-2009, 07:22 PM
I need help on were to get this "snap ring" for my rear sprocket. Do I just replace bolt studs in rear sprocket that put this snap ring on then I'm good to go???

I have the Xmoto/Giovanni 250cc Dirt bike with 18 inch rear wheel. Where can I get the bolts and snap ring for my bike??? So basically my snap ring broke and that is why my sprocket bolts sheared off?

Thanks for all the help mates.

Michael A

warrior91
02-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Try giovani.ca

puush
02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I found a dealer parts manual for my Giovanni 250cc and the part I need is called a "Washer, Lock Sprocket". and of course the sprocket bolts.

I emailed giovannibikes and hopefully they have em.

VinceDrake
02-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Just a s a point of interest, Giovanni has a new website up, wiht way, way more parts than the old site It's at:

www.GioBikes.com

Complete with snowblower parts! Yay!

--Vince

puush
02-02-2009, 09:54 PM
You guys rock

warrior91
02-02-2009, 10:08 PM
:arrow: Thanks vinnie...I was not aware of that :D

john25
02-09-2009, 04:05 PM
I bought this same bike, X-Motos XB-31, for my daughter. I changed the bolts that hold sprocket to higher grade bolts. Matter of fact, I changed most all of the bolts on the bike BEFORE I let her ride it. The so called "bolts" they assemble these bikes with are JUNK!! I spent $60 on bolts, lock nuts & washers, grade 11, 8.8, or stainless depending on the application. I used flanged grade 11 bolts with red locktite for the rear sprocket bolts. Save yourself future trouble and do the same. If the hub threads are stripped, you have two choices.
1. You could use the same size, but higher strength bolts, if you install heli-coils in the stripped holes.
2. You could re-tap for the next size bolt. Just use high strength bolts, but you'll likely have to drill out the sprocket holes for the bigger bolts.
In either case, use red locktite on them, and torque evenly & appropriately. Remember that you're dealing with metric bolts, that's why the grades seem weird. Hope this helps. :D

puush
02-09-2009, 04:17 PM
I just put the sprocket back on last weekend and bought bolts with higher grade steel and put loctite on them. I also had to search like hell on the web to find the same kind of lock washers.

I will test out and let you all know. Tell your daughter not to jump very high or the shock will snap like it did on me.

Michael A