PDA

View Full Version : shocks

capone
02-07-2009, 03:00 PM
i have air adustable front shocks on my 110cc atv how do i adjust them

VinceDrake
02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
Mr Capone: Please post a piccy of your shocks.

There were a whole pile of red "air-adjustable" shocks sold on the front of China ATV's that were completely, and utterly non adjustable. Most of them had a "Reservior" on the side of the shock that looked like an air-chamber that was nothing more than an aluminum casting, that jsut sat there and looked pretty.

Post a piccy, and we'll know if yours are them on real adjustable shocks...

--Vince

Danthalis
03-17-2009, 11:02 AM
Not to steal anyone's post but I had the exact same question :D
Can anyone tell me anything about these shocks and if they really are adjustable (other than being about to set the preload of the springs)
My ATV ride rough, I feel every little bump. I have tightened the springs to better suit my weight (I'm about 215lbs) maybe I should loosen them back up? Thanks for any input!

http://pics.montypics.com/universal_diver/2009-02-13/1234590752_dsc01976.jpg

Universal_Diver
03-17-2009, 01:02 PM
Those are my shocks in the pic, I put them on and rode. No adjustment was done to them. It rides like a caddy, and I am about 250-270 depending on the beer in the fridge..... :wink:

Edit to actually answer the question. I dont see any adjustment other than the spring getting tightened by the big nut, I guess more or less gas might have an effect. Not 100% sure.

Danthalis
03-17-2009, 04:42 PM
ha! you are such a good picture taker UD I stole your art, remind me to send you some royalties! :lol:

I'm going to undo the tension I put on the shocks to see if that helps then, maybe was a bit to over zealous to adjust them before riding

Universal_Diver
03-17-2009, 08:10 PM
remind me to send you some royalties! :lol:

Im sitting here holding my breath........ :lol:

I am just too lazy to adjust before I ride. I rode it and liked the feel, so I left it. :wink:

KentuckyDonkey
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Those are my shocks in the pic, I put them on and rode. No adjustment was done to them. It rides like a caddy, and I am about 250-270 depending on the beer in the fridge..... :wink:

Ditto! I'm 215 lbs. and have the same bike and shocks as Universal -Didn't have to touch my shocks. I can blast through my pasture or down a paved road or gravel driveway, and the bike rides like the old Town Car I used to have before moving to the country! (Before getting the bike, I imagined I'd be bumping and bouncing all over the place, but not so).

Funny though, all my friends and neighbors who have examined the bike always say "front seems real stiff"- but it sure doesn't ride stiff!

I wonder what the little blue nut on the end of the auxilary chamber does?

EDIT: Al (Capone): Do you have the proper pressure in your tires? (They're inflated rock hard from the factory)

katoranger
03-18-2009, 12:19 AM

Ditto! I'm 215 lbs. and have the same bike and shocks as Universal -Didn't have to touch my shocks. I can blast through my pasture or down a paved road or gravel driveway, and the bike rides like the old Town Car I used to have before moving to the country! (Before getting the bike, I imagined I'd be bumping and bouncing all over the place, but not so).

Funny though, all my friends and neighbors who have examined the bike always say "front seems real stiff"- but it sure doesn't ride stiff!

EDIT: Al (Capone): Do you have the proper pressure in your tires? (They're inflated rock hard from the factory)

I would guess that you can add air pressure to them.

If you try it be careful. Usually it only requires a few psi.

Allen

KentuckyDonkey
03-18-2009, 12:56 AM

I would guess that you can add air pressure to them.

If you try it be careful. Usually it only requires a few psi.

Allen

I don't know about that- the shocks pictured above, are actually supposed to be gas shocks- not air shocks (as per the Vbike website).

Next time I call Vbike, I'll ask.

EDIT: Ooopppss! My mistake! I just checked the Vbike site. They are air shocks! You're probably right, Allen.

katoranger
03-18-2009, 07:00 PM
The range may be something like 5-15psi. It might be on a label someplace.

Allen