PDA

View Full Version : We Need a Chat Room LOL

pobiker
02-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Frostbite you are the computer guru, can you create a chat room on your site? It may be stupid sounding, just a thought.

ACD
02-20-2007, 09:03 PM
I linked one to ScootDawg..it's free and not hard Frostbite I have an HTML code to add a new button to the menu on Proboards don't know if it would work here or not. I used Chatzy for a free chat room. It's fun at first but enthusiasm died off quick. If you need to explain something technical to someone it's great for that although I switched to just PMing my phone number and talking through it.

Aaron

pobiker
02-20-2007, 09:10 PM
I think it would be cool to just be able to all bs in real time, I enjoy reading the posts also, but it would be nice to just jaw and laugh about things. There is such a wide range of ages and backgrounds, LOL like the china bike melting pot, a hodge podge of bike enthusiests.

madmaximum
02-20-2007, 09:46 PM
An IRC channel with a java client would be the ticket.

liverchip
02-21-2007, 01:04 AM
There tends to be more and more people on. This board seems to be becoming an online chat site as it is.

ambassador
02-21-2007, 09:06 AM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea to me..

frostbite
02-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I'll look into it.

NewEnglandTrails
02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
Chat would be cool, we could have online meetings and have special guests. Maybe ask the dealer sessions. A "Tom at RPM hour"actually "Rush Hour" might be better, or a "Bruce at EJcycles Hour" Celebrity guest appearances by Frostbite or Chuck Norris etc.

NET

Roketarider
02-21-2007, 06:29 PM
Like other message boards I frequent, they have chat threads...

In the title it is something like...."First chat thread for Chinariders *chat*"

That way you can talk about anything and they usually lock them at 50 pages and start a new one.

allfunmotorsport
04-04-2007, 11:52 AM
ya I think thats a good Idea too. but a lot of good info would be not be posted for everyone. I have heard of people that have jobs. And they can't be online allday :D has anybody heard of such a thing?

MrsTrubattleax
04-04-2007, 01:00 PM
i think its a great idea.. this way noone gets in" trouble" for goin off the subject :wink:

allfunmotorsport
04-04-2007, 01:36 PM
you have a point and I think it's a good one, that reminds me of a story.........just kidding :lol:

madmaximum
04-04-2007, 06:46 PM
If you folks want to try out a chat room, I set up a demo website with a chatroom.

Try it out

chinariders.bravehost.com

liverchip
04-04-2007, 07:56 PM
Hmmmmm no one there.

madmaximum
04-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Probably take a few days until folks read these posts and try the link. If it works ok, maybe frostbite will add one to the main page here.

willshoemaker
04-22-2007, 05:10 PM
There is no one there because it is an external link and not everyone reads these posts.

Just my .02,
Will 8)

Akonababe
04-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I tend to agree with allfunmotorsports in that if we had chatting then we would miss alot of good stuff cause we were busy elsewhere. I like reading what everyone has to say whether I am there or later. Just my thought.

frostbite
05-16-2007, 11:50 AM
I have looked into this. Since I'm a bit of a technology control freak (Network Admin/Developer by trade) I'm hesitant to use some of the free IRC services offered on the Internet for quality/security/logging reasons.

That leaves me with basically two option - host my own IRC server or embed some kind of basic chat functionality into the www site. I'm still weighing the pros/cons of each and the affect on bandwidth. I'll keep you posted.

katoranger
11-02-2007, 03:41 PM
Any update on the chat?

The chatzy type works well for my tractor buddies.

We usually go online about 9pm and chat then. More off-topic than on.

Allen

madmanjustice
11-02-2007, 06:54 PM
i have a chat room on my Astro Safari van website. We are using Blab! and it works very well. We are using the purchased version, there is also a limited version thats free called Blab Lite. You can get Blab from Hot-things.net

if you can find it and get it to work on your servers, there is also GTchat which is a decent basic chat system.

mrhyak
11-02-2007, 07:54 PM
If you want to use a chatroom here you go. You can add it to the site, or do whatever you want. My account is already paid for through my other websites so this chat room doesn't cost me anything extra.

http://www.network54.com/Chat/129588

It is not one of those free chatrooms with tons of ads and crud. I pay network54 for message forums for my website stuff (hyak.net and others).

Jack

AZ200cc
11-02-2007, 08:38 PM
It looks like China Chat may just be happening after all :lol:

mrhyak
11-02-2007, 10:37 PM
I created the chat room specifically for this site so that when you exit it returns to chinariders.net. I'll leave it active as long as there is interest in using it.

You don't have to create a user account if you don't want. Just put a name in the "guest" box and your name will show up as guest_mrX. If you hit the Option after you login you can add text to your name (I would suggest the type of china bike you have, but that is just a suggestion). So your name if it is MRx would look like:

guest_MrX (Lifan 200 gy5)

or as a registered user

MrX (Lifan 200 gy5)

FYI....

katoranger
11-05-2007, 07:04 PM
I will have to give it a try. You all will rarely see me in there due to having small children, I don't have try in the evenings alot.

Thanks for setting it up.

Allen