PDA

View Full Version : Been a while, still looking for Adult sport atv

Universal_Diver
02-09-2009, 12:59 PM
Was all set for a new Honda, got buyers remorse bad and had to come back to the reality that I dont have an extra 8 grand sitting around not being used.

Is the 250 Vbike v4s still about the best all around deal ?

http://www.vbike.us/index.php?page=showpro&spid=13&bs=&pz=&scid=37

I need full size, I am not a little guy. :)

Universal_Diver
02-09-2009, 04:01 PM
could'nt take it any longer.

Ordered the v4sW liquid cooled from Tim.

He talked me into it instead of the v4s due to the heat in Florida.

http://www.vbike.us/multidata/200901231738336013131.jpg

We will see how it goes......... 8O

Be ready for tons o pics and vids since there is very little on here.

katoranger
02-09-2009, 04:07 PM
Is the v4s liquid cooled? The atv forum has been slow.

Allen

Universal_Diver
02-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Is the v4s liquid cooled? The atv forum has been slow.

Allen

The v4s is air cooled.

I hope I made the right decision.

It is supposed to be here Thur maybe wed. :D

Here is a pic for those to lazy to click the link...

http://pics.montypics.com/universal_diver/2009-02-09/1234229079_200901231738336013131.jpg

SpudRider
02-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Wow! That is a really nice looking quad! I am in the market for a new atv, myself. The V4SW looks even nicer than the V4S! Is this a new model? The V4SW is priced only $50 more than the V4S, but it has a water cooled engine and a luggage rack in the rear. I think you made a very good choice. :)

Please do post lots of photos! I would love to learn more about this quad. :D

Spud :)

Universal_Diver
02-09-2009, 10:51 PM
Yes, it is a brand new model.

Only thing I am a little concerned with is the front drum brakes, and the motor seems to be colored. :? Not sure what that's all about.

http://pics.montypics.com/universal_diver/2009-02-09/1234237765_200901231739079969934.jpg

Guess it really doesnt matter since I have never owned a quad before, and I really have no clue as to what I am talking about.... :lol:

But have no fear there will be pics and vids ..................

SpudRider
02-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Yes, it is a brand new model.

Only thing I am a little concerned with is the front drum brakes, and the motor seems to be colored. :? Not sure what that's all about.

Guess it really doesnt matter since I have never owned a quad before, and I really have no clue as to what I am talking about.... :lol:

But have no fear there will be pics and vids ..................
I would guess that a plastic film covering of some sort produces the unusual color of the engine. My Zongshen Sierra 200GY-2 has some sort of plastic film over the two crankcase covers, and it hasn’t caused any problems. :)

Upon examining the specifications of both quads I can see a couple of differences between your V4SW and the V4S. I now see that your quad does have drum brakes in the front. However, the V4SW has a water-cooled engine, luggage rack, bigger (ten-inch) rims, and a bigger fuel tank. Those are very nice features!

I am looking forward to the photos and videos! I am also very interested in hearing a ride report, et cetera. Congratulations, and thanks for starting this thread! :)

Spud :)

katoranger
02-10-2009, 11:59 AM
That is sharp. It almost appears that the 250 liquid cooled might bolt into most of the dual sports. :D

TeamCheap
02-10-2009, 03:45 PM
So it has mechanical drum brakes up front and hydraulic disc brakes in the rear?
It should be fine as long as the drums are big enough to do the job.
The blaster I had years ago had front mechanical drums and they worked just fine.

Its nice.I hope it holds up for you.

EDIT :
I was comparing it to the raptor 250 and it is pretty close to the raptor.
The raptor has hydraulic disc all the way around, only 7.5"'s suspension travel and is a 5 speed and air/oil cooled but costs a lot more at $4500-MSRP

Universal_Diver
02-10-2009, 04:23 PM
Its nice.I hope it holds up for you.

Me too. All I need is a year or two.

I had the pre approval done and ok with Honda for the trx700xx.

This is a WAY step down from that. 8O

Got spooked at the last minute, partially because it is such a big atv for a first time rider, and partially due to the cash issue for something that is only a weekend toy.

The 250 will be a good trainer I guess.

TeamCheap
02-10-2009, 04:32 PM
OH I'd bet it will be a very good first ATV and with some care and maintenance it should be a great quad.

culcune
02-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Does VBike get their bikes from Hi-Bird like they used to? If they do, as you know from your enduro, then the bike should be pretty stout. Vbike seem on the up and up, from all you guys who ordered from them, so I wouldn't worry too much. If it completely goes out, you can buy another one, and another if the 2nd one goes, and still not have as much money as the Raptor. :wink:

But then, you would have 3 piles of junk :? and nothing to ride, so try to keep the first one up and running. :)

TeamCheap
02-10-2009, 06:34 PM
If it completely goes out, you can buy another one, and another if the 2nd one goes, and still not have as much money as the Raptor. :wink:

But then, you would have 3 piles of junk :? and nothing to ride, so try to keep the first one up and running. :)I think back to my grandparents and rememeber them using the same ole craftsman mower, washer/dryer, stove, fridge and wheelbarrow/yardtools and other tools around the house/yard and they had them forever.
Now we live in a disposable world where short product life is a lead design feature and we have more and more garbage piling up in land fills.(at what cost I ask you)

OK well back to the cool quad I like it except for the 4 speed but atleast it does have reverse (My 89 blaster didnt have reverse) hopefully the 4-speed spec listing was a typo.

katoranger
02-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I am thinking you can upgrade those drums to disc from something else later. It actually appears to be a decent machine.

Curious to see how the 250 liquid holds up.

Allen

TeamCheap
02-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm sure it could be converted to hydraulic front disc brakes.
Just need to find the right spindles,hubs,rotors, calipers, hoses and lever but then the cost would go up.

I'd just run it as it is those drum brakes if kept adjusted properly will be fine.

warrior91
02-11-2009, 10:32 PM
Honda has had mech drums for years...Dated tech, not particularily good for mud, but a reliable long lasting set o'binders. As long as you have some grip strength they are fine.
Looks good, let us know how the l.c. works out.

TheRealWorld
02-12-2009, 12:20 AM
I have been considering getting one of the 250 utility units. I will be waiting to see what your reaction is and hear your input on this. I recently purchased a 250 street bike from these guys and I love it so far. Haven't really had good weather here in Wisconsin to ride yet. Good luck with it, I expect good things.

kczukiman
02-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Congrats on your new machine!! I know you will like it. I didn't have a bit of trouble with the drum bakes on mine.
You are going to be surprised on the quality of bike you get for the money.Can't wait to hear your review and of course pic and movies.
:wink:

Universal_Diver
02-14-2009, 11:36 AM
New thread with the pics............................

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=67684#67684

TheRealWorld
02-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the great pictures. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it. I once had a sticker that read "Read carefully or you will be Killed" I don't take threats lightly so I read it very carefully!

I believe they are using some kind of translator that converts from Chinese to English and the process is not perfect. English is a strange language.