PDA

View Full Version : Lifan 200cc 163FML engine

pezgoon
02-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Hey there, me and a friend are modifying a go cart and whilst looking for an engine (we really really wanted/needed a manual shifter engine not a stupid centrifigal clutch or CVT) and whilst searching for either a trashed motorcycle or atv or dirtbike for cheap, the results came back badly. While searching though I found that you can buy the 200cc Lifan 163FML engines (among others, but i liked this one) new. I do have a china dirt bike but the thought never crossed my mind to look for a china engine lol.

Getting to the question though, I was wondering about what does the engine need (other than a carb and exhaust), like, does it need any of the electronics that are on the lifan 200's, like rectifier, ignition switch, etc.

P.S. I'm putting this in more than one of the forums cause i couldn't really figure out where it went, if it doesn't belong, delete it please, thanks.

katoranger
02-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I won't need all the electrics, but you will need a kill switch, coil, cdi, rectifier and if you can find one a wiring harness.

I would look for cheap nonrunning china dirtbike that you can use for a donor. That way you get all the parts in one package deal.

If you just want to buy an engine I have seen packages that come with everything needed to run except for exhaust.

Allen

katoranger
02-12-2009, 07:54 AM
One more thing. I deleted you other posts. This is probably the closest forum for your project or the ATV forum so we will just leave it here.

I would search your closest craigslist for a cheap china donor.

Allen

katoranger
02-12-2009, 11:05 AM
Here is a decent deal. This is the same motor as my GY2. 14k hard kilometers on it with no problems.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200CC-LIFAN-5-SPD-ENGINE-MOTOR-MOTORCYCLE-DIRT-BIKE-ATV_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35595QQihZ026QQitem Z390008007263QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

pezgoon
02-12-2009, 04:24 PM
actually, i was gonna get one of those, but i wanted the black one by the same seller more, but sadly the black one doesnt come with any of the parts :/. but if i were to get that, does that include everyithing it needs? it doesnt have a wiring harness with it tho, but does it need a seperate harness?

katoranger
02-12-2009, 04:43 PM
You can make a harness. It is only a few wires. It appears that everything, but the exhaust is there to make it go.

Obviously you would need to rig a shifter and a clutch cable setup and I am sure you would need a battery for the e-start.

Allen

pezgoon
02-12-2009, 08:26 PM
ya i knew about that stuff already, i just need to figure out about the exhaust

katoranger
02-15-2009, 10:56 AM
Use a header pipe from honda 200 ATC or Xr and the find a muffler to fit it.

culcune
02-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I think this dealer is ok, and it seems the parts are there for you, according to their auction. You should get it so at least the engine is out of the way. Plenty of people here would be able to help you get the bike to run once you got the donor bike.